Dr. Kelly O'Brien, MD

Dr. Kelly O'Brien, MD

Family Medicine  |
Female
26 reviews

Dr. Kelly O'Brien, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Lees Summit, MO. Dr. O'Brien is affiliated with Lee's Summit Medical Center....See Less

Learn about Dr. O'Brien

I am a member of Midwest Physicians, an integrated, multi-specialty group that strives to provide high quality, compassionate healthcare in a caring, affordable, timely and accessible manner. Our doctors collaborate with patients, their physician colleagues and other healthcare professionals to help ensure each patient s individual healthcare needs are met.

Video

Dr. O'Brien's Experience

Dr. O'Brien's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Asthma
  • Injuries
  • Otitis Media
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Pneumonia

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• University of Kansas / School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine

Dr. O'Brien has no media or publications listed.

Dr. O'Brien does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. O'Brien and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. O'Brien's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. O'Brien to family and friends
3.8
Dr. O'Brien's Performance
in Raytown |
Dr. O'Brien provides gentle and thorough care while explaining everything as she goes. She makes my daughter at ease during her appointments and is happy to answer any questions we may have . I would highly recommend her to anyone wanting a fantastic doctor !
Kansas City, MO |
Dr. O'Brien was patient and listened to all of my questions and concerns as a new patient. She was thorough and offered solutions knowledgeably.
Livingston, NJ |
Caring physician that takes the time to listen.
Kansas City, MO |
Professional care in a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere. Dr. O'Brien has an engaging personality and explains procedures well. I don't feel rushed; she takes the time to listen to all of my concerns.
in Lees Summit, MO |
I really like Dr O'Brien as a person. I don't feel she enough experience. Seemed like 75% of the times I saw her, she referred me out to specialists, other than common health problems most of us can diagnose at home. I lost my confidence in her after the last several visits. I truly believe hasn't had enough experience and I just don't have the time, money or patience to be a Dr's test patient. I wish her all the best .
Lees Summit, MO |
Dr. O'Brien was very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.
in Lees Summit, MO |
Dr. O'Brien is an amazing primary care physician. She really listens to her patients. I've always felt confident in her ability to figure out what's going on with her patients. I highly recommend her!
Lees Summit, MO |
I saw Dr. O'Brien for my annual well woman exam. She offered me great information regarding birth control options I wasn't aware of. I would recommend her to all family and friends.
in Raytown, MO |
I liked her. She didn't make me feel like she was in a hurry to get out of the examination room.
Kansas City, MO |
Was on Xanax and other medications that should be tapered down not just quit, abruptly, Dr O' Brien would not listen, to me. Dr O'Brien just quit filling the medications, even though the warning was not to end the medications, with out tapering them down and then off of them. When confronting the Dr O'Brien about this, she stated I can't seep at night if I prescribe these medications to you, with no concern Dr O'Brien stopped medications and wrote a note to me to find another PCP.
Lee's Summit, MO |
Although I like this doctor, her assistant blocks access to her. (Maybe the doctor's tight schedule creates this situation.) Plus, she seems to rely on automatic textbook analysis too often w/o listening to and/or viewing the patient as an individual. I have suffered respiratory problems (pleurisy and wheezing) resulting from a virus 5 years ago. She blames the problems on my being a former smoker--years ago. That isn't true. The virus caused them & I caught it from non-smokers.
Have you seen Dr. Kelly O'Brien, MD?
Are you Dr. O'Brien?

Visit Dr. O'Brien

Dr. O'Brien accepts 30 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
  • CoreSource
  • CorVel
  • Family Health Partners
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA