Dr. Kelly Holtkamp, MD

Dr. Kelly Holtkamp, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Kelly Holtkamp, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Crystal Lake, IL. She is 49 years old and has been practicing for 19 years.

750 E Terra Cotta Ave

Crystal Lake, IL 60014

• CorVel
  • ECOH
  • First Choice Health
  • HFN
  • The Alliance

Learn about Dr. Holtkamp

See how frequently Dr. Holtkamp performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

De Quervain's Disease
Limb Pain
Hand Conditions

Dr. Holtkamp's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Holtkamp "I am committed to providing the highest quality of care to maximize recovery and minimize interruptions to people's lives. My treatment philosophy is to recommend medically-proven conservative treatment before considering surgery. When non-operative care is no longer an option, I perform minimally invasive surgery whenever possible and use state-of-the-art techniques that expedite the healing process."

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Finger Injuries
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Northern Illinois University
  • Northwestern University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Mayo Clin-St Marys Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Holtkamp has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Holtkamp does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Holtkamp and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Holtkamp's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Holtkamp to family and friends
Dr. Holtkamp's Performance
in Algonquin, Il |
Wonderful Dr. and staff. Very kind and professional. 100% recovery from tendonitis.
Loves Park, IL |
She solved problem....I hope it remains fixed and that I am one of those 60-70 percent who have that chance.
in McHenry, IL |
Very knowledgeable. I am extremely happy with my results.
in Loves Park, IL |
Sandy was awesome!!!!
in Rockford, IL |
Absolutely happy and very impressed with this dr and group. Highly recommend them
Great service No problems I would recommend Dr Holdkamp to any friend
in Johnson |
Great experience. So easy, don't wait to get this fixed!!
Crystal Lake |
Unnecessary testing and they provided a brace that did not even come close to fitting, which I returned to them as it was obnoxiously wrong. This visit was a waste of time and money also the doctor was not able to provide a logical answer regarding my pain that I came in with.
Very pleased
Very, very good
Rockford, IL |
Dr Holtkamp team lead, Scott, helped me find equipment unrelated to my hand. Very grateful!
Wonderful surgeon
in Rockford, IL |
Excellent care from Dr. Holtkamp and her staff. Very kind and caring people. Office staff is so efficient. Scheduling surgery was so easy. They took care of all the details.
Rockford, IL |
Could not have asked for anything better
Rockford, IL |
This was my third procedure with Dr Holtkamp and have always found her to be highly professional and more than competent. Way more than competent.
Huntley, IL |
I couldn't ask for a better doctor to take care of my hands. She is wonderful.
in Crystal lake, IL |
Dr. Holtkamp did surgery on me and I feel great!
Elgin, IL |
Great surgeon. Scarring was minimal, even my occupational therapist was impressed with well the scar recovered. No issues. Dr spends time with her patients to make sure all your questions are answered throughout the process before and after any procedures.
Rockford, IL |
I had carpal tunnel release surgery. So happy with the results. Don't wait or ignore pain or tingling.
in Rockford, IL |
Not one problem what so ever!
Excellent care
Rockford, IL |
Shes the best would recommend her to anyone she explained everything in detail.the office staff is friendly.
Rockford, IL |
Excellent staffing and experience.
Rockford, IL |
Dr. Holtkamp and her staff has been amazing!! The doctor and Scott W have been very professional and so supportive!! It's been a long journey with my broken elbow and they were very intuitive in remedying my situation. They recommended the correct braces and other equipment when needed. I could not be more thankful of my time with them and feel blessed to be where I am today!!
in Hawthorn Woods |
Very professional! Pleasure to deal with.
Rockford, IL |
Dr. Holtkamp always made me feel comfortable and at ease. She is wonderful.
Rockford, IL |
Dr Holtkamp did an amazing job on my Carpal Tunnel surgery. From my initial office visit through the procedure, her compassion, friendliness and professionalism gives a confident level of comfort.
Rockford, IL |
Had 3 fingers worked on and all are doing exceptionally well, would recommend to anyone who needs hand work done
Rockford, IL |
I would highly recommend Dr.Holtkamp to any of my family and friends! She is very genuine and knowledgeable. She took time to explain what would happen before and after surgery even though I have a background in healthcare. I wouldn't want anyone else to be my hand surgeon. I will definitely be coming back if I have any other hand problems.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr.Holthamp has been a pleasure to work with. I'd give her ten stars if I could.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr Holtkamp is the best. She exclaimed the procedure to me in easy to understand terms. I will recommend her to anyone.
Rockford, IL |
For my hand and carnal tunnel I won't go to any one else She is great.
Don't wait to long
in Elgin, IL |
Very happy with Dr Holtkamp. Surgery incision is barely noticeable and then only if you know where to look.
Chicago, IL |
I had a great experience with Dr. Holtkamp and her staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Dr. Holtkamp offered me multiple different conservative methods to treat my wrist pain before jumping straight to surgery. After about 4 weeks of Occupational Therapy my wrist feels better than ever and I didn't have to have surgery. I would recommend Dr. Holtkamp to anyone with any upper extremity problems.
in Mchenry, IL |
I would highly recomend Dr. Holtkamp and her team to my friends and family. She was very thurough in the diagnostics stage and explained my injury and the treatment completely to me. The speed of the recovery was also explained and monitored. I needed a prescription refill before the weekend, and was told she was in surgery all day. Her assistant called me on his personal phone between operations and called in the refill to the office where it was waiting for me.
Rockford, IL |
I was not rushed into surgery, but was recommended to have other treatments until they were no longer effective.
in Walworth, WI |
Hi I have been have problems with my left hand for around a year and a half.. Numbness, Sharp pain. in almost my hole hand. Hard to button a button. Open a jar Ect.. Keeping me up at night with the pain. I asked my Dr. she recommended Dr Holtkamp. Went it for testing..Had the operation done.. When I woke up my from the operation all the problems with my hand were gone. all my feelings in my hand were back ... Thank you DR Holtkamp
in Harvard, IL |
I have had many surgery's on my hands performed by Dr. Holltkamp and her team. Never had any issues with any of the procedures. Dr. Holtkamp and her team have always treated me with the upmost professionalism and respect, I would not hesitate to see her again if needed.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
I was a little leery whether I should have Dr. Holtkamp operate on my wrist. It needed at least two more surgeries. I was being pressured to use doctors closer to Chicago because they are "supposedly" better in their field. My son- in- law pointed out that Dr. Holtkamp had done surgery on Dr. Izquierdo, a surgeon who needs his hands for his living. If he trusted her, I should. I could not be happier with the results. I am able to perform all of my daily activities. I highly recommend her.
in Huntley, IL |
Dr. Holtkamp was truly great to work with and has been a great experience. When it was determined i needed to have surgery and ultimately pins put into my ring finger to fix it she made me feel comfortable and confident in every step that went along with it. Dr. Holtkamp has been one of the best doctors i have ever worked with and explains everything very clearly and is very friendly. Her staff also operates at a high level which is great. I would definitely recommend.
Woodstock, IL |
Great experience from beginning to end! Dr. Holtkamp was great about explaining what to expect with my surgery and provided me with written instructions that were easy to understand. The office is a group of caring professionals who do their best to work with you. I'm very happy with the outcome from my surgery. I recommend Dr. Holtkamp highly for her professional care and expertise.
in Woodstock, IL |
Dr. Holtkamp fixed my shattered and crushed radius bone in one surgery when another orthopedic doc said it would take several surgeries and a very lengthy healing process as he scratched his head while viewing my X-rays. Dr. Holtkamp viewed my X-rays and was able to tell me right away how she was planning to treat me speaking as if she's done it a million times. I was confident in her abilities and I was right. Their office is full of a wonderful team of professionals. Definitely recommend.
in Mchenry, IL |
Dr Holtkamp did an outstanding job removing a fatty tumor from my hand. She was very thorough and easy to talk to explaining what needed to be done. I would recommend her to anyone needing the services of a hand specialist.
in Carpentersville, IL |
I went to Dr. Holtkamp for osteoarthritis in my left thumb. She treated me with Cortizone shots for a few years until the pain became unbearable and it was bone on bone. I had the great surgery on 6/21/16, and after 6 weeks I was out of the splint and doing strength. Procedure went great, recovery even better. Thank you, Dr. Holtkamp for a great surgery!
Crystal Lake, IL |
My 10 year old daughter fell and broker her arm - very scary for all of us, especially since this was our first broken bone (and hopefully our last!!). Dr. Holtkamp took great care of my daughter - the entire staff was very compassionate every time we made a visit. Dr. Holtkamp took her time answering our questions - her team was also very patient and kind. I would highly recommend Dr. Holtkamp and her team to anyone seeking treatment.
in Huntley, IL |
From beginning to ending excellent treatment. Extremely efficient and engaging team. This is a A+++ practice from receptionists to surgeon! ! Janet
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr Holtkamp explained my options clearly. Surgery was easy to schedule. The surgeries(on both hands) for carpel tunnel were thoroughly explained. Surgery and recovery no problems. Most importantly now I have no numbness or pain in either hand. I wish I had done this surgery 10 years ago.
in Huntley, IL |
Very professional explains and reassures you of the procedure. Easy to talk to ,very prompt. The procedure was easy and I feel great.i can't wait to get my left hand done when needed.Thank you dr. Holtkamp
in Woodstock, IL |
I am Doctor of Veterinary Medicine with a special interest in orthopedic surgery so I have a lot of medical knowledge in the orthopedic field. My distal radial fracture was originally allowed to heal with an external cast placed at an emergency clinic. The fracture healed improperly. Dr. Holtkamp was able to surgically re-brake the radius, lengthen it and straighten the wrist and place a special bone plate to hold everything in place. At 4 months postoperative the wrist is perfect.
Have you seen Dr. Kelly Holtkamp, MD?
Are you Dr. Holtkamp?