Dr. Kelly Finan, MD

Dr. Finan
Telehealth services available

Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center

7777 Hennessy Blvd Ste 206 Baton Rouge, LA 70808

Dr. Kelly Finan, MD is a colorectal surgery specialist in Baton Rouge, LA. She graduated from Ohio University College Of Osteopathic Medicine and specializes in colorectal surgery.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Colon Surgeons & Rectal Surgeons in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Finan accepts

Dr. Finan accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Louisiana

Check Dr. Finan's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Finan's Top Procedures and Conditions

Colorectal Cancer
high
high

Dr. Finan treats Colorectal Cancer more than 83% of her peers

Dr. Finan treats this condition more than 83% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Distal Colorectal Cancer

• Colorectal Cancer
  • Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Hernia Repair
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection of the Rectum With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Transendoscopic Stent Placement
  • Ulcer
  • Ulcerative Colitis

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Kelly Finan, MD...

Have free onsite parking?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Offer evening visits?

Dr. Finan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Finan

4.0

Dr. Finan?
Dr. Finan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kelly Finan, MD
I love Dr. Finan! She’s a no bs lady and really made my experience (which could have been awkward and horrible considering the issue I had and it’s location) an easy and calm experience.
May 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Finan, MD?
We selected Dr Finan for her surgical skill. She is excellent and cares about her patients wishes and outcomes!
Pellerin – Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Finan, MD?
I loved Dr. Finan. She explained fully my issue, and the procedure she recommended - even with a diagram. Personality, knowledge, and expertise all rolled up into a beautiful package. I have had the surgery four days ago - a colon resection - and no pain or infection at all. This whole experience has been magical.
Kitty Sibley Morrison – Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Finan, MD?
It’s difficult to be brief when you wish to detail a wonderful outcome from a challenging experience thanks to Dr. Kelly Finan. Dr Finans expertise, knowledge, dedication, quality of care and decisiveness brought my family a positive outcome through a difficult period. Due to the complexity of my fathers case, he was referred to Dr. Finan for surgery. My father is elderly and Dr. Finan took the time to thoroughly explain to the him the nature of his case. She was respectful and empathetic to my dads concerns and, with the permission of my dad, thoroughly communicated the case details to family caretakers. Dr. Finan and her staff utilized various resources (including Telehealth, conference calls etc.) to be inclusive of the immediate family so we could also remained informed and understood the details of his condition and surgery. She provided the family the necessary resources to obtain aftercare according to my dad’s specific needs. She assessed,acted,followed thru and delivered!
FSA – Oct 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Finan, MD?
Dr Finan is a fantastic doctor. She is professional ,polite and friendly . She goes out of her way to explain everything. My wife and I are very impressed with Dr. Finan and her whole staff . I am a 76 year old man. We feel like God sent her into our life . I have the greatest confidence in her .
Kenneth Melancon – Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Finan, MD?
Fantastic doctor and surgeon!
Sep 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Finan, MD?
She saved my life twice by finding and removing cancer in my colon. She is straight-forward - tells it like it is I have been seeing her for 7 years and no complaints - except for occasionally showing up late because of doing surgeries Every other doctor I have talked to about her has nothing but praise for her medical and surgical skills PS she also inspired me to lose weight - after cutting through layers of my fat. So far I have lost 70 pounds and am now back to 178 She is the best
Charles in Baton rouge, LA – Sep 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Finan, MD?
I have no clue what Dr. Finan these other patients are writing reviews about but this is not the Dr. Finan that my husband & I have known & loved for the past two years!! My husband was diagnosed with rectal cancer, not colon cancer, just rectal cancer! My husband's radiation doctor referred us to Dr. Finan for his surgery, best decision of our lives! She has been tremendously amazing from the start of the process until now, I'm sure she will be amazing for the rest of his life because we will keep her as his doctor! Her beside manner is very professional, courteous, caring, in office & at the hospital after surgery! We have NEVER had any problems getting an appointment and the ONLY time we ever waited an hour to see her, she had an emergency! I would, 100%, recommend Dr. Finan to anyone that was in need of her services!! Thanks, Tee
Tee – Sep 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Finan, MD?
BEWARE!! Dr. Finan is "surgery happy". After getting a second opinion and further testing (which Dr. Finan did NOT recommend), I was told that surgery was NOT necessary since I was no longer having any symptoms! SO glad I got another opinion, or I would have been cut open unnecessarily and lost wages due to down time. ALSO: when my chart was opened with the new doctor, information had been entered incorrectly......justification for surgery??? If a 0 star rating was a choice, I'd be choosing that.
LA, LA – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Finan, MD?
I’m sure that Dr. Finan is a great surgeon. However, she has a horrible bedside manner. She lacks empathy and compassion. She’s more concerned in charting away at her computer than listening to the true concerning complications of the patient. She’s cold, arrogant, and extremely rude. She has no consideration for people in pain. I would not recommend her.
LA – Jul 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Finan, MD?
Dr. Finan may be knowledgeable about her craft. However, she lacked sympathy for me and my pain. She answered my questions, but it seemed to me that my questions about my painful bottom irritated her. Her examination of this very sensitive and painful area was very rough. I left her office in much more pain than when I entered. I visited her more than once, but this condition is painful enough without her impatient, negative energy. I will not return. My money and my body deserve better.
Mar 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Finan, MD?
I went for a visit today with Dr. Finan. She never introduced herself to me. Upon entering the room, she imedietly goes to her computer and starts asking me questions (while typing) and never once looked up to look me in my face. The entire visit was cold and un-nurturing. I never felt welcomed or at ease and it seemed as though she was rushing me to get out. She talked so fast that I could barely grasp what she was saying. Very unhappy, I won’t be a patient of hers in the future.
Gina in Baton Rouge, LA – Nov 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Finan, MD?
Very hard to get an appointment. Waited an hour to see her. She rushed in, took notes in her computer (never looking up at me) and then got up to go get her nurse in the middle of my sentence. She had absolutely no interest in listening to me. She was very rough during the exam causing me severe pain that lasted hours. She lacked empathy for my very difficult condition. I will never return.
Oct 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Finan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Finan?

• Colorectal Surgery