Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD

Sports Medicine •  Male

Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Austin, TX. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as St. David's Medical Center and St. David's North Austin Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Cunningham to book an appointment.

Austin Ortho+Biologics

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cunningham

4.3

Dr. Cunningham?
What People Say About Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD
very responsive with the COVID 19 issues as well.
Michael C. – Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I had PRP for my tennis elbow. My results are so successful. Dr Cunningham as well as his staff were very professional. I would highly recommend him.
Michelle – Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
From reception to the intake to the PA to Dr. Cunningham, I was treated professionally and given information and options that were helpful, realistic, and exactly what I was hoping for when I made my appointment.
Todd – Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I have had persistent left knee pain for years and after 2 meniscus repairs, I decided to seek treatment from a different provider who might be willing to treat my knee with something other than meniscus repair surgery and/or steroid injections. Dr. Cunningham injected my own stem cells in not only my joint but also my tibia and I am literally pain free for the first time in 10 years. Will I do it again? For sure. Will I eventually need knee replacement? Probably, but until then, I will come back to Dr. Cunningham since he helped me so very much.
C.S. – Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Cunningham for over 20 years as he's operated on both of my knees. His skills as a surgeon led me back to him this past January (2019) after a bicycle accident. I injured my shoulder and was diagnosed with a massive rotator cuff tear. A few weeks later, Dr. C performed a four hour procedure to repair the tear that included the insertion of a cadaver patch in my shoulder. The operation appears to have been a success as I have regained most of my range of motion, and my strength training is improving weekly. The severity of the cuff tear and delicate nature of the surgery resulted in a careful recovery regiment in order to let the patch and cuff heal properly. My physical therapist Heidi (at Arise Austin Medical Center) has also been great and very instrumental in my recovery. Needless to say, I'll continue going to Dr. Cunningham any and every time I'm injured and need surgery.
Bill Shaw – Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I began to experience pain in my knees which I assumed was caused by age related arthritis. I set an appointment with Dr. Cunningham to discuss stem cells & the procedure. He ordered an MRI & the results indicated a meniscus tear & cartilage thinning & delamination in both knees. He operated on the meniscus tear in right knee, corrected some alignment issues with the kneecap & worked on the bone to increase blood flow/healing. He also collected bone marrow stem cells & injected into both knees. I was released 2 weeks early & other than the initial short recovery I have had no knee pain. I was back to my regular exercise program well before estimated. I am extremely pleased with the results and Dr. Cunningham's professionalism and staff. I would highly recommend that anyone experiencing health issues in this area & wondering if stem cell injections may or may not be right for you, visit with Dr. Cunningham and check out his background & experience.
Lisa B – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I had stem cell rejuvenation 3 weeks ago. It is an amazing procedure, little discomfort and my knee is doing great. I had bone on bone and a fracture at the top of my tibia. Dr. Cunningham extracted my stem cells from my hip bone and injected into my knee. Then used my platelets injected into my bones to heal the fracture. I still am amazed at what medicine is doing and grateful I had this procedure done.
Darlene Braitkrus in Kyle, TX – May 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Absolutely wonderful experience. I had very complicated shoulder injury(Rotator Cuff). Further complicated by fact that I have disabled child that I need to lift. Dr. Cunningham was able to get me back to 100 percent! I'm able to care for my daughter without any issues. Very helpful staff as well.
Laurie Sharp in PFLUGERVILLE, TX – Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I had not been able to walk without limping for months....stairs a huge issue. Dr. Cunningham treated my knees with stem cell injections and I am so grateful for his expertise and the success of this procedure.
Julie Coleman in Beaumont, TX – Mar 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Looked at the items Important to me prior to treatment: experience level success/results and cost/value. Doctor Cunningham is excellent. Extremely knowledgeable about the procedure & processes great success rate and good value cost versus other providers. m My highest recommendation.
Kathy B. in Austin , TX – Jan 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I chose Dr. Cunningham from an infomercial on KVUE TV and from reviews on his website. I was curious about the stem cell offering but found out during my initial consultation that it was not covered by insurance so I declined that option. I had a severed long bicep tendon caused by bone spurs, Dr. Cunningham ground down the bone spurs and reattached the tendon. I'm currently 12 weeks out from surgery, in physical therapy and am so excited about how good I feel. Thank you Dr. Cunningham.
Rick Bowen in Spicewood , TX – Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Came into the office and had a great experience. My right knee was in bad condition with a torn meniscus. Surgery went smooth, the staff kept me up to date with everything and overall amazing experience. I would recommend him to all of my friends and family!
Shelia in Austin, TX – Jul 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I knew I was in good hands after the first appointment with Dr. Cunningham. He found what a previously seen doctor was unable to identify. He thoroughly explained everything and was able to schedule surgery quickly to resolve the problem. His staff was very professional and helpful. Overall, I am very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Cunningham and his team.
Torn Meniscus in Austin, Texas – Apr 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Dr. Cunningham is an excellent doctor! He has given me much needed relief in my left knee & hip!! I am now using him to treat the pain in my shoulders. He is using treatment that is outside the envelope! He is my new hero!!!
Chris Woldert in Tyler, Texas – Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Being active keeps me healthy both physically and mentally. When my knee began to hurt, I consulted with three orthopedic doctors, all of whom said I would have to have surgery. It was not until I met Dr. Kelly Cunningham that I began to get my questions answered. At Austin Ortho+Bioloics, I was given options. Because Dr. Cunningham has worked with world class athletes, he is more interested in getting us back to our game than performing surgery. With his help, I was fine in two weeks.
Dec 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Dr. Cunningham took great care of me and answered all the questions I had and then some. He listened to what my recovery goals were and made suggestions on how to make it happen. I’m extremely active in life and on the job and I felt I was treated by Dr Cunningham like I was an athlete who needed to be tip top. If there was an issue during recovery the office was on top of it immediately. Thanks a ton.
Houston, TX – Nov 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I left Dr. Cunningham's office absolutely furious. My experience was of the stereotypical bad doctor visit - He didn't listen to me (didn't ask any questions either), didn't examine me, just threw out a diagnosis and ordered another expensive test (after already ordering a different one before ever seeing me). I sat in a windowless room for a total of 50 minutes and only spent 5 mins with him and 3 with his PT. The PT gave me a sheet of paper and never showed me the exercises. I won't be back.
Round Rock, TX – Oct 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
My husband and I have both been patients of Dr. Cunningham for a number of years. Easy to get an appointment, does a great job of explaining the issues and options for treatment, great staff.
Debbie S in spicewood, tx – Oct 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Cunningham for a few years now and finally decided to go through with my shoulder surgery after putting it off for 2 years. My experience was amazing and his staff was easily accessible if I had any questions or needed to schedule a quick appt. to come in. I would highly recommend Dr. Cunningham!
Ashley Hargrove in Austin, TX – Jun 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Dr. Cunningham mixes old school medicine with sound new approaches resulting in the least invasive and most effective procedure. For a 60 year old guy like me, being able to return to full activities was a blessing. Kelly is a great communicator and really listens. I highly recommend him to those seeking treatment for their injuries or conditions.
Brad L in Austin, TX – May 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cunningham?

Dr. Cunningham accepts

Dr. Cunningham accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Cunningham treats your condition or procedure

• Cartilage Tear
  • Elbow Arthroscopy
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Osteotomy
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee Tendon Repair
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Ligament Tears
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Stem Cell Therapy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

My philosophy and passion is personalized treatment and patient care. Two convenient locations to get you back on your feet faster. As a Dr. Richard Steadman surgical fellow during the development of microfracture, the world-renown joint cartilage treatm

• Sports Medicine