Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD

Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD

Orthopedic Sports Medicine  ·
Male

Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD is an orthopedic sports medicine surgery specialist in Austin, TX and has been practicing for 29 years. He specializes in orthopedic sports medicine, sports medicine, and more.Read his story

Austin Ortho and Biologics

3003 Bee Caves Rd Ste 200

Austin, TX 78746

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CoreSource
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthSmart
  • Medicare
  • Texas True Choice
  • Worker's Compensation

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Cunningham's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Cunningham's Top Procedures and Conditions

Knee Sprain

Dr. Cunningham treats Knee Sprain more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Cunningham treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)

Dr. Cunningham performs Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP) more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Cunningham performs this procedure more than 92% of his peers

• Cartilage Tear
  • Elbow Arthroscopy
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Osteotomy
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee Tendon Repair
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Ligament Tears
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Stem Cell Therapy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

My philosophy and passion is personalized treatment and patient care.
As a Dr. Richard Steadman surgical fellow during the development of "microfracture", the world-renown joint cartilage treatment protocol used for the past 25 years to treat k...

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine

4.3

Dr. Cunningham?
Dr. Cunningham's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD
I had stem cell rejuvenation 3 weeks ago. It is an amazing procedure, little discomfort and my knee is doing great. I had bone on bone and a fracture at the top of my tibia. Dr. Cunningham extracted my stem cells from my hip bone and injected into my knee. Then used my platelets injected into my bones to heal the fracture. I still am amazed at what medicine is doing and grateful I had this procedure done.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Absolutely wonderful experience. I had very complicated shoulder injury(Rotator Cuff). Further complicated by fact that I have disabled child that I need to lift. Dr. Cunningham was able to get me back to 100 percent! I'm able to care for my daughter without any issues. Very helpful staff as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I had not been able to walk without limping for months....stairs a huge issue. Dr. Cunningham treated my knees with stem cell injections and I am so grateful for his expertise and the success of this procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Looked at the items Important to me prior to treatment: experience level success/results and cost/value. Doctor Cunningham is excellent. Extremely knowledgeable about the procedure & processes great success rate and good value cost versus other providers. m My highest recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I chose Dr. Cunningham from an infomercial on KVUE TV and from reviews on his website. I was curious about the stem cell offering but found out during my initial consultation that it was not covered by insurance so I declined that option. I had a severed long bicep tendon caused by bone spurs, Dr. Cunningham ground down the bone spurs and reattached the tendon. I'm currently 12 weeks out from surgery, in physical therapy and am so excited about how good I feel. Thank you Dr. Cunningham.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Came into the office and had a great experience. My right knee was in bad condition with a torn meniscus. Surgery went smooth, the staff kept me up to date with everything and overall amazing experience. I would recommend him to all of my friends and family!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I knew I was in good hands after the first appointment with Dr. Cunningham. He found what a previously seen doctor was unable to identify. He thoroughly explained everything and was able to schedule surgery quickly to resolve the problem. His staff was very professional and helpful. Overall, I am very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Cunningham and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Dr. Cunningham is an excellent doctor! He has given me much needed relief in my left knee & hip!! I am now using him to treat the pain in my shoulders. He is using treatment that is outside the envelope! He is my new hero!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Being active keeps me healthy both physically and mentally. When my knee began to hurt, I consulted with three orthopedic doctors, all of whom said I would have to have surgery. It was not until I met Dr. Kelly Cunningham that I began to get my questions answered. At Austin Ortho+Bioloics, I was given options. Because Dr. Cunningham has worked with world class athletes, he is more interested in getting us back to our game than performing surgery. With his help, I was fine in two weeks.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Dr. Cunningham took great care of me and answered all the questions I had and then some. He listened to what my recovery goals were and made suggestions on how to make it happen. I’m extremely active in life and on the job and I felt I was treated by Dr Cunningham like I was an athlete who needed to be tip top. If there was an issue during recovery the office was on top of it immediately. Thanks a ton.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I left Dr. Cunningham's office absolutely furious. My experience was of the stereotypical bad doctor visit - He didn't listen to me (didn't ask any questions either), didn't examine me, just threw out a diagnosis and ordered another expensive test (after already ordering a different one before ever seeing me). I sat in a windowless room for a total of 50 minutes and only spent 5 mins with him and 3 with his PT. The PT gave me a sheet of paper and never showed me the exercises. I won't be back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
My husband and I have both been patients of Dr. Cunningham for a number of years. Easy to get an appointment, does a great job of explaining the issues and options for treatment, great staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Cunningham for a few years now and finally decided to go through with my shoulder surgery after putting it off for 2 years. My experience was amazing and his staff was easily accessible if I had any questions or needed to schedule a quick appt. to come in. I would highly recommend Dr. Cunningham!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Dr. Cunningham mixes old school medicine with sound new approaches resulting in the least invasive and most effective procedure. For a 60 year old guy like me, being able to return to full activities was a blessing. Kelly is a great communicator and really listens. I highly recommend him to those seeking treatment for their injuries or conditions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I went to see Dr. Cunningham with a shoulder problem. Even though the x-ray was inconclusive he knew there was a problem and sent me to have an MRI. I had an 80% tear in my rotator cuff. 3 months after surgery (with stem cell injection) my shoulder is almost back to normal. I am back in my workout routine and only have slight soreness swinging a tennis racquet or golf club.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
My wife had a bone spur on her socket joint in her hip but didn't know it. Just pain. Dr. Cunningham was not known to us, but was part of our network. We made an emergency appointment. From that point onward, he and his team did a great job dealing with her pain and then surgery and rehab. We could not be more pleased with both his capabilities and his suggestions for recovery. His services are not cheap (actually are pretty expensive), but in our view well worth it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Dr. Cunningham has operated on me 3 times - 2 shoulders & 1 hip with a labral tear & bond spurs. During the hip surgery he used the stem cells procedure then afterward I needed 2 PRP's. My hip has fully recovered and back to like-new. When the other hip started bothering me, MRI showed labral tear. So far, I've had 1 PRP and it's feeling much better - with a labral tear before it would have been surgery as the only option but with PRP and stem cell now there are non-surgical options.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I'm a local firefighter and recently tore the meniscus in my knee for the second time. I saw Dr. Cunningham on the recommendation of a coworker. I couldn't be happier with the results. After determining that my meniscus was indeed torn again, Dr. Cunningham suggested a cartilage graft and stem cell injection in addition to the meniscectomy. The results were better than I hoped for, I had a quick recovery and I'm able to run again, which I wasn't able to do even before this second injury.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
Over the past year, I have had great results getting PRP treatments for my hips. I had heard good things about PRP and was familiar with Dr. Cunningham and his reputation so I opted out of surgery recommended by another doctor and began PRP. Prior to PRP , I had pain daily and was limited to walking short distances. After my first treatment, I had great results and was able to resume normal activities, including moderate excercise 3-4 times per week. I will definitely continue this path!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Cunningham, MD?
I was diagnosed with a partial rotator cuff tear. Dr. Cunningham and his staff gave me excellent, personable treatment throughout the whole process. A few months later, I'm close to a 100%.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Cunningham?

Insurance accepted

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
HealthSmart
Preferred PPO
Medicare
Texas True Choice
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Cunningham treats patients.