Dr. Kelly Carden, MD

Dr. Kelly Carden, MD

Sleep Medicine | Female

Dr. Kelly Carden, MD is a sleep medicine doctor who practices in Nashville, TN. She is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Carden is affiliated with Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital.

Dr. Carden's Experience

See how Dr. Carden's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Carden

Dr. Carden accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Carden has admitting privileges.

Dr. Carden's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Carden to family and friends
Dr. Carden's Performance
in Clarksville, TN |
Dr. Carden and her staff are simply the best! Efficient, caring, and professional, they work together to serve patients with sleep issues. This is a one-stop shop, everything you need from consultation to sleep study to supplies and equipment; all in one place and ready to go.
in College Grove |
Dr. Kelly is so thorough and considerate. She cares about her patients and it shows through her questions and answers. I would highly recommend anyone who is struggling with sleep apnea. I don't believe you will find anyone better in explaining your condition and setting a course of action. Her staff is friendly and very helpful in making sure you are taken well care of each time you visit.
in Nashville, TN |
After I completed my sleep study it seemed like it took forever to get the results. Dr. Carden told me I had a very severe case of Sleep Apnea and needed a CPAP machine. I asked about other options and she told me no other options worked. I tried my best with the CPAP machine and failed. Because I didn't wear it enough my insurance stopped paying for it. I tried to give it back and I couldn't because I used it. Then she casually suggested going to a Dentist.
Ms. Glenn, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to explain. After an in-center sleep test, we provide the results in a face-to-face meeting due to the complexity of the testing. For severe sleep apnea, the most effective treatment option is positive airway pressure therapy. If a patient is unable to tolerate PAP, oral appliance therapy or surgery are alternative treatments. Please let us know if you would re-consider treatment. K Carden
in Nashville, TN |
I was really skeptical about the whole experience with the CPAP machine. I'm so glad that I listened to Dr. Carden, I can't believe how much better I feel since using the CPAP. I highly recommend Dr. Carden and her staff.
Hendersonville, TN |
Dr. Carden is extremely knowledgeable and explained my specific issue with confidence while creating a clear plan on what our next steps needed to be. She has a wonderful "bedside" manner and makes you feel very comfortable during the visit. Her positive attitude coupled with the knowledge she brings convinced me that I picked a great doctor to treat my sleep apena. Her staff is very helpful and professional!
in Smithville, TN |
Dr. Carden is the BEST!! and I have seen many!! I was sleeping 2-3 hours a night for years resulting in fatigue, inability to focus at work, overeating, ill temperament, depressed, and my life was miserable. Dr. Carden immediately took action to examine, diagnose and resolve the problem and within 6-8 weeks, without prescription medication, I am sleeping good quality 6-7 hours a night. I feel better than I have felt in years and have a new lease on life!!! THANK YOU Dr. Carden!!!!!
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Carden is a dream come true. Listens to your problems and tries her best to solve them. I would not want to see anyone else.
in Nashville, TN |
She talks to you like a person.
in Mount Juliet, TN |
Took a lot of time in explaining and helping me understand my issue and options available. Worked with me to keep cost in line. Friendly and personable, highly recommend.
in Franklin, TN |
Having made the rounds with multiple types of sleep doctors (even some holistic), I never felt like many were really listening to me and hearing what I was saying. Some kept trying to diagnose me with things I knew I didn't have. I had a friend recommend Dr. Carden because she had been through the same run around with sleep doctors. I'm so glad she did! Dr. Carden takes time, listens, and works with you. She's very friendly and I couldn't be more happy with a doctor!
in Hendersonville,Tn |
The Dr. Was great. The office staff responsible for managing care was poor. I called 2 weeks after appointment was told preauth, has not returned. After a call to ins, and 3rd party, was told no preauth was required. Could have left with equipment 2 weeks ago. Would probably be treated by now. Im no closer to treatment than I was before my Drs appointment. Significant delay in my care. Looks like another 3-4 weeks before thinking about feeling better.
Dear Stephen, I am sorry that you experienced delays in the determination of whether an authorization was required for your sleep study. Our entire office works diligently to stay up to date in this ever-change in health care world that we live in. Your insurance company generally requires a prior authorization to be completed prior to testing in order to avoid avoid billing issues / excess patient cost. Your particular policy was unusual in that it did not. Again, many apologies. K Carden
Have you seen Dr. Kelly Carden, MD?

Compare Dr. Carden

Dr. Carden's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sleep Medicine
  •  Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Sleep Medicine

Dr. Carden has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Carden's Board Certifications

Harvard Medical School

Completed in 2004

Vanderbilt University

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Carden does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carden and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sleep Medicine

• Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Oximetry