Dr. Keith Holmes, MD

Dr. Keith Holmes, MD

Internal Medicine  ·

Dr. Keith Holmes, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Baton Rouge, LA and has been practicing for 32 years. He specializes in internal medicine.Read his story

Learn about Dr. Holmes

Dr. Holmes' Experience

Dr. Holmes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Holmes' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Holmes "Dr. Keith Holmes received his undergraduate degree from Louisiana State University in Shreveport, Louisiana, where he graduated magna cum laude. He then earned his M.D. degree from the Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society and was presented the Mosby Award for Academic Excellence, an award given to the top three graduating seniors. He completed his Internal Medicine Residency at Wilford Hall Medical Center at Lackland Airforce Base in San Antonio, Texas, where he was assigned to the 23rd Medical Group (TAC). Dr. Holmes is board certified in Internal Medicine and has been on the staff of Ochsner Health System since 1990."

This content was provided by Dr. Holmes "I serve as a PCP specializing in Internal Medicine. I enjoy providing continuity of care for my patients. Many of my patients have been with me for over 20 years. I focus on providing comprehensive care and try to provide as much of that care as I am trained for and then coordinating the care with other specialist as needed. In my opinion that provides the best care for the patient which is what high quality medicine is all about, the patient. I am board certified in Internal Medicine and has been on staff at Ochsner Health System since 1990. I graduated from LSU-Shreveport, graduating magna cum laude. I then earned my M.D. degree from the LSUMC in New Orleans where I was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society and received the Mosby Award for Academic Excellence. I completed my Internal Medicine Residency at Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio, Tx."

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Urinalysis
  • Vaccination
  • Vaginosis Screening
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Louisiana State University Health Shreveport / School of Medicine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1979
  • Louisiana State Univ School Of Medicine In New Orleans
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Wilford Hall Usaf Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Wilford Hall Usaf Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Holmes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Holmes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Holmes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Holmes is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View awards

Dr. Holmes' Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Holmes to family and friends

Ochsner Health System

also has reviews with comments for this provider:

logo for Ochsner Health System
SEE THESE REVIEWS AND COMMENTS

Dr. Holmes' Performance

Dr. Holmes and his staff at the Ochsner Central Location are the best! Professional and courteous. Can't say enough good things about them. Been my provider for 12 years.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
My first time there and the office staff was so nice and helpful. Dr. Holmes was thural with his exam and helped me to get a new arthritis Dr.. Very pleased with my choice of physician.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
He is very kind. He takes the time to listen and explains things to where you can understand.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I wish I could give Dr. Holmes ZERO stars. I went to see Dr. Holmes the first time in September 2016. At this time he became my primary care physician. He has now refused to refill a vital medication and referred me to a neurologist for a refill. I tried to get the neurologist to refill, but he...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

We sincerely apologize for the issue you described. Please respond to connect@ochsner.org with your contact information so we can pass it along to a patient representative. We'd like to have someone reach out to you.

You can count on Dr. Holmes to be thorough. Additionally in my case, I suffered symptoms of Meniere's disease prior to having ever being seen by Dr. Holmes. There was a simple fix for this that many doctors I saw prior to Dr. Keith Holmes were unaware even 17 years later! The wait time is...more

More Internists like Dr. Holmes at Ochsner Health Center - O'Neal