Dr. Keith R. Berndtson, MD

Dr. Keith R. Berndtson, MD

Integrative Medicine | Male

Park Ridge Multimed 15 N Prospect Ave, Park Ridge, IL 60068 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Your body can fix many problems on its own if you get the obstacles out of the way. My job is to show you how. Each patient receives my undivided attention. My approach is evidence-based, personalized, and results-driven. I look for the root causes of chronic illness with an aim to restore functional integrity. I have success with Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses, chronic inflammatory response syndrome related to water damaged buildings (CIRS-WDB, aka mold toxicity syndrome), hidden gluten sensitivity, mast cell activation syndromes, irritable bowel syndromes, intestinal hyper-permeability syndrome (aka "leaky gut") and other chronic health conditions that are either medically unexplained or non-responsive to treatment for diagnoses that have been given. These days even the best specialists can feel boxed in by third party requirements. I am not boxed in. I specialize in medically unexplained and non-responsive medical conditions. Thank you for your interest.Read more

Dr. Berndtson's Experience

73Experience
Match

See how Dr. Berndtson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Berndtson

Dr. Berndtson accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Berndtson's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Berndtson to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Berndtson
Dr. Berndtson's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (36)
in Des Plaines |
I have been seeing Dr. Berndtson for over 10 years and can say that he has improved the quality of my life DRAMATICALLY! He was able to get me off of several prescription drugs that were giving me really bad side effects and onto some supplements that made me feel much better, but without the side effects. Before I met him I could only get out of bed 2 or 3 hours a day with my chronic illness. He now has me out of bed and running around with an 8 year old son and 6 year old twin girls.
Oxon Hill, MD |
I had a very productive and satisfying visit with Dr. Berndtson. I was diagnosed with Lyme disease and heard about dr. Berndtson from a friend. It's very hard to find knowledgable specialist in this field. He was very patient and took time to answer all my questions and put me at ease about my treatment. I was waiting for his appointment for several months and had to fly from another state, but so far it was definitely worth it.
in Evanston, IL |
I was pleased to have a doctor listen to my story of physical problems that brought me to him. Before results of 13 blood tests, he seemed to sense one possible cause. I believe the treatment given resulted in great improvement in my leg difficulties, which had been with me for 16 years.
in Woodstock, IL |
I am pleased to recommend the Integrated Medical expertise of Dr. Keith Berndtson. I have been seeing Dr Berndtson for 6+ years, for a chronic thyroid condition. With his focus on the whole body, he takes the time to develop a complete profile of my health complaints, orders in-depth testing, and discusses treatment options with medications and supplements. With Dr. Berndtson's help, my thyroid disease and its debilitating symptoms are under control, . .
in Fox Lake, IL |
Extensive Medical Experience
Antioch, IL |
After going to several different doctors and having lots of testing done with no helpful results, seeing Dr. Berndtson really helped me get to the bottom of some of my health concerns. He is a very knowledgeable doctor who really helped me put the puzzle pieces together to create an overall picture of my body. He provided me with articles to read to aid in my understanding of CIRS. I appreciate how he spent a lot of time with me, asking and answering questions, and I never felt rushed.
Have you seen Dr. Keith R. Berndtson, MD?
Are you Dr. Berndtson?

• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Inflammatory Conditions
  • Lyme Disease
  • Mast Cell Diseases

Dr. Berndtson does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Berndtson and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Sanction

Dr. Berndtson has received 1 sanction

More What is a sanction or disciplinary action
    • Misprescribing or Overprescribing Drugs  (6/29/2012)
    • Action Taken: Probation
    • Summary: Berndtson, Keith R MD License # 036067274

Nature of Complaint

The physician prescribed controlled substances for family members and in excessive quantities to some patients.

Action Taken The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Professional Regulation has placed the physician’s Illinois license on Probation until June 28, 2013.

• State: Illinois

Graduated in 1978

• Other Education
    University Of Chicago

Completed in 1986

Dr. Berndtson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Berndtson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Berndtson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Integrative Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice
  • Sanctions found
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Berndtson

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Berndtson's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Berndtson

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Berndtson's Care Philosophy