Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Keith Baumgarten, MD
Dr. Keith Baumgarten, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Sioux Falls, SD. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Baumgarten is affiliated with Sanford USD Medical Center, Avera McKennan Hospital and University Health Center and Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital.

Orthopedic Institute

• Indian Health Service
  • Medica

Learn about Dr. Baumgarten

Dr. Baumgarten's Experience

Dr. Baumgarten's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Elbow Sprain
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Heel Spur
  • Hip Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pelvic Fracture

• Rotator Cuff and Labral Repair
  • Shoulder Reconstruction
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Total Shoulder Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Dakota.

• The Johns Hopkins Univ
  • Washington University/Barnes Jewish Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • The Hosp for Special Surg NY Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Baumgarten has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Baumgarten does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baumgarten and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Baumgarten's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baumgarten to family and friends
Dr. Baumgarten's Performance
in Wausa, NE |
He Is very arrogant and did not care that my knee replacement was not done correctly. His lack of care has left me with a knee that causes extreme pain every day ! My last visit he yelled at me and told me not to come back because he only does perfect work!
Omaha, NE |
This guy is a supposed to be shoulder doct I seen him in 07 for dislocation my hand was swollen n purple!!! He was mad b/c he couldn't do an exam on me b/c my muscles were so tight rude, he sent me to pt!!! It dislocated numerous times since then I had shlder surgery in 2016, at Sanford!!! This guy is horrible!!!
in Spencer, IA |
After being injured as long as I was and seeing multiple physicians without answers. I felt when I came to you, you believed me without hesitation. I appreciate that very much as I had hit a point that I would never not hurt. Even though my recovery has taken longer than we had both anticipated, I am grateful you were able to repair my injuries & that you are helping me get through my recovery, crutches and all. Thank you for all you do & believing in me!
in Spirit Lake, IA |
Excellent care and a great surgery experience. I was both impressed and thankful for the quality of care and service received at the Orthopedic Institute.
I was very pleased with my visit with Dr. Baumgarten. He explained things well and I appreciated his honesty that he recommended cortisone shots and therapy instead of jumping right into surgery. I would recommend him to anyone who asked me about him.
in Hudson, SD |
Dr Baumgarten and his staff are topnotch. The really understand and care about their patients . I would say they are the best in the area. .
in Burke, S.D. 57523 |
Dr. Baumgarten and his staff are all very personable and easy to talk to. I think they truly care about each individual patient.
in Sioux Falls, SD |
He was so down to earth. He explained everything ina language we understood. Very friendly and understanding. Left the decision making to us.
Spirit Lake, IA |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Baumgarten and the staff at the Orthopedic Institute. They are professional, kind, and genuinely concerned about helping me heal and return to the activities I love.
in Huron, SD |
I consider myself indeed fortunate that our daughters sought out Dr. Keith Baumgarten to do my shoulder replacement. Actual surgery was new to me. All my questions and concerns were immediately addressed by Dr. Baumgarten and/or a member of his staff (some followed up with written instructions which were also helpful). Their attention to my needs put my mind at ease before and after surgery. My husband & daughters accompanied me on visits and were also impressed with the office atmosphere.
in Garretson, SD |
Very professional, great grasp of injury.
in Sioux Falls, SD |
Dr. Baumgarten was very courteous and saw me in a timely manner. He explained everything to me and set me up with a PT session right away. He also got me into to see him when I did not have an appointment.
in Howard, SD |
He has a wonderful bedside manner, explains everything in plain english for me to understand, and tries to find a way for me to feel better with less pain even if it means referring me to another doctor to help ease my pain.
in Avon Sd |
Did my daughters surgery a few years ago and he was excellent with her. Also no problems with her knee since and it was a pretty major surgery. Dr Baumgarten did my knee stop 6 weeks ago, he actually made room for me to have it done as soon as possible. Great surgeon, staff, and good bedside manner.
Sioux Falls, SD |
Awesome experience with Dr. Baumgarten. He repaired my circumferential torn labrum in my left shoulder.
in Pipestone, MN |
Professional, thorough, punctual, caring, & personable are just a few of the traits exhibited by Dr. Baumgarten. Adding his rather extensive experience with the needs I had made him the right guy to help me achieve the successful outcome I had.
in Sioux Falls, SD |
Over the past two years, Dr. Baumgarten has provided his medical wisdom, counsel and expertise for and on me. In each situation I was made totally comfortable during consultations and procedures. His demeanor is among the best I have experienced. He never made me feel rushed to make a decision, but always encouraged me to take time to make any decisions. He never left me with any unanswered questions. Finally, his program for rehab has been amazing. I am totally pleased with my results.
in Hudson, SD |
I've been to Dr. Baumgarten on several occasions now for injuries which I received in my past. I had surgeries for one of my shoulders as well, but arthritis has set in making it virtually impossible at times for me to function without severe pain and discomfort. Sleep is also disrupted due to the pain. When I have gone to see the good doctor, he has been able to give me injections which have eased the sharp stabbing after a few days allowing me great relief for months.
in Ellsworth MN |
Dr. Baumgarten did total knee replacement for me. He listened to my concerns and suggested the appropriate treatment. Everything went very well and I'm very pleased.
in Sioux Falls, SD |
When conservative steps failed to relieve the pain in my shoulder Dr. Baumgarten then looked at surgery. He gained my trust by virtue of his expertise and personable disposition and the ability to generate confidence in my recovery. i will with that same confidence recommend him.
La Vista, NE |
Dr Baumgarten and his staff have been very helpful with my recovery
in Colman, SD |
I have found Dr. Baumgarten to be very warm and personable during my visit I also felt that I had 100% of his attention. He listened to my concerns and issues and explained my treatment completely.
in Harrold, SD |
Did what was needed to been done
in New York, NY |
Dr Keith Baumgarten is extremely knowleadgable in his fieldand genuinely cares for my wellbeing. As a former professional baseball pitcher, I needed his help and expertise. Dr. Keith has performed multiple surgeries; complete shoulder replacement, rotater cuff, carpul tunnel, bone chip removal, ulna nerve repositioned, and cordizone injections in both knee and hip. I live in Las Vegas, but will only seek treatment from him. I cannot thank him enough for the quality of life he has given to me.
in Belle Fourche, SD |
Very detailed on what he does. Generally cares about you and helping with your problem.
Excellent doc. Highly recommend
in Rock Valley, IAw |
I first saw Dr. B in 2010 following an auto accident. Had two procedures performed in the next years related to the accident. One to my right knee and rotor cuff to my right shoulder. Both procedures were successful and I could not have had a better doctor and his team to care for me; all were very caring and compassionate. In 2016 I required a carpal tunnel procedure. I was initially scheduled to have the procedure performed by someone else; but asked to see Dr. B; wait was well worth it!!
Have you seen Dr. Keith Baumgarten, MD?
Are you Dr. Baumgarten?