Dr. Keith Allen, MD

Dr. Keith Allen, MD

Cardiac Surgery  ·

Dr. Keith Allen, MD is a cardiac surgery specialist in Fairfield, CA. He specializes in cardiac surgery.Read his story

NorthBay Heart and Vascular Center

1860 Pennsylvania Ave Ste 120

Fairfield, CA 94533

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Allen

See how frequently Dr. Allen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Port Placements or Replacements
Aneurysm
Aortic Aneurysm

Dr. Allen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Allen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Allen "As a cardiothoracic and vascular surgeon, I am blessed to be able to help save people’s lives. I see patients that are dealing with a variety of issues affecting the heart and vascular system and it is extremely satisfying when I am able to help them. The patients I typically treat tend to be older patients, at the prime of their lives who are now having a coronary situation where they just can’t do what they used to. I like being able to bypass and provide more blood to their heart muscle. After they recover, they feel 100 percent better and are able to go back to their routine and daily activities. I was inspired to become a doctor at a young age. I lost my father when I was very young and going to the hospital and seeing how they treated him was something I wanted to be able to do – to help people improve their lives. I treat every patient equally and with the utmost care. It’s a pact I made with a friend when we graduated from medical school. We decided that no matter what, we would always treat patients like they are our own mother. It’s something I’ve upheld for more than two decades now. I chose my specialty because with cardiac surgery, you see an immediate response. You have a patient with vascular disease and their heart is dying and you are able to help get them back on track. It’s very rewarding. Being down-to-earth and compassionate is a key to my approach with my patients. I want to make them feel as confident as possible that life will be OK. I want them to feel comfortable and to understand everything that is going on. When not at work, I like to work out, golf and spend time with my family traveling, trying new cuisine or just relaxing together. And there is one thing my patients here in California will just have to understand: I am a lifelong Cubs fan, no matter what!"

• Cardiac Surgery

• Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Secondary Hypertension
  • Septal Defect
  • Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
  • Thrombosis

No malpractice history found for California.

• More House College
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Umdnj-University Hospital
  • Umdnj-University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Allen has no media or publications listed.

• American College of Surgeons, Member
  • American Medical Association, Member

Dr. Allen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Allen to family and friends

Dr. Allen's Performance

This doctor is amazing! He helped my 83 year old uncle identify a pre-existing right side heart failure that another group had failed to properly diagnose and treat. I was hysterical yet he remained calm and accessible as he worked with his team to treat my uncle. He asked hospital staff specific...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr.Allen, in spite of being a cubs fan, is an angel. He takes time, care and puts you at ease. I would never want to go through this again however, if I did, hands down Dr.Allen is the one I trust , literally with my heart!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Are you Dr. Allen?

More Cardiac Surgery Specialists like Dr. Allen at NorthBay Heart and Vascular Center

Cardiac Surgery Specialist