Contact provider for availability

Dr. Kee Kim, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 56

Dr. Kim
4860 Y St # 3740 Sacramento, CA 95817

Dr. Kee Kim, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Sacramento, CA and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine in 1992 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Dr. Kim accepts

Dr. Kim accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Select Plus HMO
Western Health Advantage

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Kim's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty

4.3

Dr. Kim?
Dr. Kim's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kee Kim, MD
I had a great experience with Dr. Kim. The surgery results were fantastic. No more pain. Full use of legs. I would highly recommend Dr. Kim.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Kim and his team. I had a difficult spine surgery with him, and I was super grateful for the results. The surgery as well as the followup was exceptional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
I want to thank Dr. Kim for the wonderful care he gave me and the much needed relief from sciatic nerve pain that I had for over two years. My pain is gone and I am so grateful. Dr. Kim has a kind and caring manner. He is compassionate and took time with me and made sure he answered all of my questions and concerns. Thank you very much Dr. Kim.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
My L4-L5 herniated, was bulging into my spinal cord and causing severe sciatic pain and numbness down my leg. I was basically paralyzed and my 6-year-old had to take care of me (I'm a single mom). While Dr. Kim was operating on my spine, he realized that the disc had fused to my spinal cord; something that did not show up on tests done before surgery. On the spot, he had to scrape it off. I am now fully recovered, I have my life back, and my son has his mommy back. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kim!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
Very kind, thorough and wonderful surgeon
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
I am an older man in good health who started to lose the use of my legs due to the onset of a spinal condition that reduced the transmission of messages to my legs......I did not deal with this right away as I feared back surgery.......WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WA.....Ended up with Dr Kim who put me very much at ease with his calm mannerism and high level of knowledge and experience which was quite impressive......Had surgery recently that went like clockwork. Success was immediate. I'm grateful!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim is an excellent doctor. Very attentive, compassionate and very detail oriented. He took care of my debilitating pain in one surgery. Thank you Dr. Kim, for everything, you gave me back my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
After years of enduring sciatic nerve pain down my right leg into my ankle, in August 2017 I had TLIF surgery on L4-L5. Immediately after my surgery, I no longer had any debilitating nerve pain! I was able to make a remarkable recovery within just a few months. I no longer experience issues with losing my balance and falling. I was given back the quality of life lost many years back from my spine issues. Thank you for the new lease on life and for being an excellent neurosurgeon & person!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
I was living in Oregon when I ruptured my disc at l4/l5 for the 2nd time,I knew after 25+ years of inflammation/irritation that another discectomy was not going to end my suffering nor was pain pills.I did my research and I knew I needed a surgeon to stabilize the area with a fusion and I wanted surgeon that was young and updated on this latest in surgical techniques/tools.I no longer have pain in my low back go from mild to miserable with activity,it is stable and calm.Dr.Kim is the best. JR
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
I've completed my one year + since my spinal fusion surgery. Dr. Kim and the UC Davis Med Center staff were top notch all the way. My result is great, no pain, complete success. The surgery itself, recovery in hospital and follow up care were great. All questions answered, no matter how small. The PAs, front desk, and MAs all were friendly and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Kim and the staff at UC Davis Med Center.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
Had a great experience explained everything about the surgery. I am now pain free for the first time in many years no more pain medications.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
TWIMC, As i approach the one year anniversary of my spine surgery (laminectomy, foramenotomy, L5, S1) i would like to again thank Dr. KIm and his staff at the UCDavis spine center, from whom i never received anything except excellent care and compassion. After suffering for many years with debilitating back pain i am completely pain free and i now live an active full life. If my former condition were to return tomorrow i would still thank you for the year of full life you have given me. G.V.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
Dr Kee Kim is a Godsend. He performed back surgery on my mom and she is now able to be mobile and enjoy life. 'Thank you' will never be enough for what he did for her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
Very efficient and through . He is knowledgeable and explains things at my level?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim performed neck disc surgery on me in 2015. He was incredibly thorough and professional; and he took the time to explain my condition and options. I opted for surgery and believe I received the very best outcome possible. I recently had my final visit after two years, and my neck was in excellent condition. I have full range of motion and no pain or numbness. I would highly recommend Dr. Kim to anyone within the UC Davis health system who is in need of this type of surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim removed vertebrae (C-6) from my neck that was virtually pressing on my Spinal Cord. I had been to several Orthopedic Doctors who all wanted to do a 3 vertebrae fuse... Dr. Kim removed C-6 and put in a 'bridge' and removed calcium spikes on the inside of vertebrae's above and below... 5 1/2 hour operation... I went home the next day. I have known several with fuses - results not nearly as successful as mine - only 2 pain pills afterwards. SUPER results. Absolutely NO MORE discomfort!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
I appreciate Dr. Kim's surgical prowess and the treatment received at the UC Davis Spine Center. Once again I can button my shirt, tie my shoes (in one attempt), type on a keyboard, and jog up to 5 miles. All of this 10 months after surgery. When Dr. Kim saw the severity of my collapsed cervical spine he hastened getting into the operating room. If the need were to arise again I would seek out Dr. Kim's help. Also, those who work at the spine center were awesome and compassionate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
Only the best! Always there when needed! Followed my case from beginning to end with professional excellence and a caring touch!! Joan gaiser-booth
Great Doctor / Surgeon and would recommend. Had lower back surgery
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kee Kim, MD?
I had a disk replaced with a ball between the C5 & C6 in August 2014 by Dr. Kee Kim. I am pain free and migraine free. I credit Dr. Kee Kim for bringing joy back into my life. Before the surgery I had about 28 days of vomiting migraines every month on the last 4 months. Before that my wife didn't track it. The surgeons in my state of Alaska wanted to fuse it. I'm so thankful to Dr. Kee Kim for freeing me from constant pain and giving me full mobility of my neck back. He is a God send.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Kim?