Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Kayvan Keyhani, MD
Dr. Keyhani is a graduate of the Ohio State University where he graduated cum laude with a bachelor of science degree. Dr. Keyhani went on to medical school at the Ohio State University. He then received his Master of Public Health degree from Johns Hopkins University and then completed his ophthalmology residency at the prestigious New York Eye and Ear Infirmary which is ranked in the top ten best hospitals for disorders of the eye, ear, nose and throat. Dr. Keyhani then went on to complete two fellowships in oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Vermont and the University of Calgary. Dr. Keyhani enjoys traveling abroad doing medical missions and has been to the Philippines and Haiti several times. Dr. Keyhani resides in Somers New York with his wife and two children. Dr. Kayvan Keyhani is a board certified ophthalmologist with specialty training in small incision cataract surgery and eyelid plastic and reconstructive surgery. He is a assistant clinical professor of ophthalmology at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary and teaches the residents both cataract surgery and oculoplastic surgery. He is a three-time award winner of the prestigious residents teaching award given to the most outstanding surgical professor.

3535 Hill Blvd Ste R

• MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • WellCare

Learn about Dr. Keyhani

We believe in compassionate eye care for all of our patients. Whether you need a routine eye examination to an evaluation for glaucoma or cataract surgery, we treat all of our patients with care and compassion.

Dr. Keyhani's Experience

Dr. Keyhani's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Dacryoadenitis
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Repair of Lid Retraction
  • Scleral Reinforcement Surgery
  • Soft Contact Lenses
  • Tear Duct Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• The Ohio State University
  • Fletcher Allen Health Care Medical Center Hospital Campus
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Johns Hopkins School Of Public Health
    Other Education | Completed 2000

Dr. Keyhani has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Keyhani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Keyhani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Keyhani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Keyhani to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Keyhani's Performance
in Mount Kisco, NY |
Dr. Keyhani performed my narrow angle laser surgery and I'm very happy with the results. My experience with Dr. Keyhani was excellent. I trust his expertise as a surgeon and ophthalmologist.
in Yorktown |
I've been here twice . It's wait wait, to be rushed rushed out of room. Doesn't spend time .Big wig who has no time for anyone. Arrogant , not genuine. Friend used to see him and had a problem after surgery. Some other doc called , but he never called or asked to see her. Also try getting an appt to see him, emergency or not .. good luck .. it's just a business for him
in New York |
A sweetheart did my surgery with him at ENT infermary in 2004, so happy and grateful! Awesome surgeon!!! I will definitely see him soon so he could do my second oldest eye surgery :)
in Katonah, NY |
Most pleasant "medical" experience I've ever had. Dr. Keyhani performed upper eyelid surgery on me for badly drooping lids and I'm so happy with the results.From him personally calling the next day to check on me and all follow up visits since, he has been nothing but caring ,patient, HONEST and just amazing.Whatever magic he performed, recovery was a breeze. A big shout also to Dr. Keeley who is awesome!! Cathy and the ENTIRE staff are just the best ever, so friendly. Thank you Dr. Keyhani!
in Putnam Valley, NY |
I am in awe of Dr. Keyhani’s skill as a surgeon and his expertise as an opthalmologist. I’ve had to wear eye glasses since I was twelve years old. No more. After cataract surgery, my distance vision and reading vision are now excellent, and my drivers’s license no longer contains a “Corrective Lens” endorsement. Dr. Keyhani’s pre-surgical exams were extremely thorough, and he explained lens options very clearly. The surgery itself was quick and painless, and recovery seemed instantaneous.
in Shrub Oak NY |
Outstanding experience....I was in my retinologist's office and in pain. He suggested I call Dr. Keyhani's office immediately to get an appointment.. I did and Dr. Keyhani's staff fit me in for the same day. The problem was solved as Dr. Keyhani removed a stitch that was in my eye probably from one of several surgeries I had had in that eye in the past. I could not have expected better service anywhere...and I am deeply grateful!
in MOHEGAN LAKE |
I must say, from the minute I walked into his office, till after my cataract surgery, I was treated with he utmost in professionalism and also TLC. Every member of Dr. Keyani's team are wonderful, just like him. You are made to feel totally comfortable and at ease. I would totally recommend anyone for his services. Great job everyone:)
in Bronx, NY |
I underwent a ptosis repair of my right eye. The drooping eye lid made me feel old and tired. Dr. Keyhani and his staff explained everything clearly and answered all of my questions before the procedure. I'm thrilled with the results. My eyes are now even and I look and feel so much better. I can't thank you enough Dr. Keyhani!
in 50 morrissey Drive , Lake Peeksill , new york 1053 |
My 1st visit to Dr. Keyhani was in September 2015. His incredible staff performed all the exam & scans on both my eyes. Dr. Keyhani went over the results & in his incredible soft mannerism , told me I had a hole in my retina & needed double cataract surgery. He referred me to a retina specialist to clear me for the surgery. The Dr. raved about Dr. Keyhani, he said he was the best. Every Dr. & Nurse I spoke to, all felt the same. I was never alarmed about my condition, because I had the best Dr !
in pawling, NY |
Dr. Keyhani is a caring physician in whom I have complete confidence.
Elmsford, NY |
My husband went to him for cataract surgery in both eyes. He was born legally blind and never planned on having vision any better than 20/200 corrected. Even though Dr. Keyhani had done numerous cataract surgeries in the past this was the first case of this nature for him. He handled it professionally and honestly and the outcome even surpassed his expectations. My husband is no longer legally blind.
in Yorktown Heights |
I would highly recommend Dr Keyhani. I had to have cataract surgery with laser treatment on both eyes. Right from the first appointment both Dr Keyhani and his staff worked very hard to let me know that I was not just a number and answer all of my questions. All my appointments were done quickly . The people who work for you are important and Dr Keyhani staff are both efficient and personable.
in White Plains, NY |
Dr. Keyhani was explicit and reassuring as to what he would accomplish with my particular eye lid condition. I am very pleased with the results and everyone in his office was helpful,pleasant and organized. I certainly recommend him.
in WASHINGTONVILLE |
EXCEPTIONAL Doctor, get bedside manner, office staff very professional
in Somers, NY |
Dr. Keyhani and his staff are very caring and courteous. On my visits, the office always seemed filled with patients, but the wait time was never very long. Dr. Keyhani never seems harried or rushed, always giving his fullest attention to the patient! He noticed a small malignant cancer on my lower eye lid that I was unaware of. The area was removed by a mohs surgeon. Dr. Keyhani performed the reconstructive surgery with such skill that 4 months post surgery and there is barely a trace.
in Putnam Valley, NY |
The doctor spent less than 10 minutes with me after being there for 2-hours for a routine eye exam. His rude and condescending tone was shocking. Upon entering the exam room he displayed exuded agitation and anger and then proceeded to answer my questions and concerns with abrupt, even snide, responses. Clearly, he needs to return to med school to learn more about bedside manner. Personally, I will never return to this awful little man's office nor will I recommend him to anyone.
in Peekskill, NY |
My experience with Dr. Keyhani was EXCELLENT! He answered all my concerns before and after surgery. When visiting his office I noticed that his staff was equally as caring as he was. Couldn't ask for a better experience. I am truly amazed how Bright and Colorful the world seem to be now! THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF ME.
in Mahopac, NY |
Dr. Keyhani came highly recommended. He did cataract surgery on both of my parents. As a 53 year old woman, I was shocked that I needed the same surgery due to medication I took as a child. He couldn't be more kind. He's extremely intelligent and explained all options very thoroughly. My only complaint would be that most appointments you have to plan on being there at least an hour as there is almost always a long waiting period.
in Goldens Bridge, NY |
Having seen quite a few doctors in various settings, I have to recommend my appointment with Dr Keyhani and his team. From entry to exit of his office, the entire seamless experience was friendly, professional and extremely efficient. Having last seen Dr. Keyhani four years ago, he remembered me as a patient. His team had no trouble finding my file and updating it. Dr. Keyhani demonstrates how a health care business should be run .
in Ossining, NY |
Dr. Keyhani did cataract surgery on both eyes. After wearing contact lenses forover 50 years, I couldn't even imagine being able to see distance with inplant, but, by golly, I have 20/20 vision in both eyes. Thanks to Dr. Keyhani's miraculous hands. I had no pain, no discomfort. He's the greatest.
in Poughkeepsie, NY |
Dr. Keyhani and his staff did an outstanding job for my cataract surgeries. This performance applied to requirement assessments, pre op preparation and advise, surgeries, and post op activities on both eyes. In addition to Dr. Keyhani himself, other special recognition was earned by his staff members Cathy, Elizabeth, and Jada. Cataract issues are complex, and Dr. Keyhani and his staff did a fine job of listening, thinking, and helping us decide on the right type of surgery for my situation.
in Peekskill, NY |
Dr. Keyhani performed cataract surgery on each of my eyes approx.1 1/2 years apart. With both experiences, he provided the best of care, informationally and surgically; encouraged and answered all questions, and made me feel comfortable and at ease. His staff is welcoming, caring and knowledgeable. And may I mention, it feels so good to see.
in Yorktown Heights, NY |
wonderful and knowledgeable doctor. but, but, but used to have a better rapport with his patients. has no time for you anymore: time is money! everything is 'hurry, hurry, hurry'...for this reason only, I would not recommend him anymore.
We have no record of this person in our practice.
in Fort Montgomery, NY |
Dr. Keychain is an amazing surgeon with a genuine concern for his patients. He is attentive and always available to talk with for any questions or concerns you may have. The day of each cataract surgery, his bedside manner was the best!!! I am recommending him to all my friends.
Have you seen Dr. Kayvan Keyhani, MD?

Visit Dr. Keyhani