Dr. Kayvan Kamali, MD

Rheumatology | Male

Dr. Kayvan Kamali, MD
Dr. Kayvan Kamali, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Longview, TX. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Kamali is affiliated with Good Shepherd Medical Center, East Texas Medical Center - Carthage, Etmc Henderson, East Texas Medical Center Pittsburg and Titus Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Kamali's Experience

See how Dr. Kamali's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kamali

Dr. Kamali accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Kamali has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kamali's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kamali to family and friends
2.0
Dr. Kamali's Performance
    GOOD
Kilgore, TX |
Staff does not return calls, you will have to wait 30-45 minutes to see a Dr. for 10 minutes. Providers really don't seem to care, mistakes are the norm for this clinic.
in Longview,Tx |
My problems are with the office and nurse who sends my medicine through fax to my pharmacy. I have called many times when my pharmacy company said they have requested my RA injection I am supposed to take every 2 weeks. It has been two weeks today since I spoke to a staff member who orders this through fax. She informed me she would send it by fax before she got off. I have called three times since then and she assures me she will send it. Today she wouldn't even talk to me she hung up on me
Kilgore, Tx |
Dr. Kamali has really helped me alot. I initially went in diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, come to find out I have Rheumatoid Arthritis too. I do have issues getting my medication every month. His prescription person always has me back and forth with her and the pharmacy. I leave messages on her voicemail, and she never returns my call. I do know that if Loraina answers the phone, whatever I need she will help me. She's the only person I ask for, because I know it will get done.
Texarkana, TX |
Dr. Kamali was very thorough and explained everything quite well answering all my questions. His office and staff were very professional and helpful.
Longview, TX |
Dr. Kamali is very knowledgeable about autoimmune diseases. I have found I have to listen intently to keep up with all the information he gives me. I know friends who have found it difficult to keep up with him, but he has excellent PAs and staff who provide me the support I need as I struggle with RA, fibromyalgia, and non-diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Because my lab results don't indicate a high RA factor or sed rate, it has made diagnosis difficult but he nailed it.
in Houston. TX |
Being that there isn't many rheumatologist's in longview, no one knows their options unless they're willing to travel. My experience with Kamali was okay the first Two visits then after I never seen him again. Just his assistant. I'm glad I took the time to research another physician before making an appointment
in Longview, TX |
Patient's that have to pick up triplicate scripts for pain medicine have been having to have a nurse visit when they go to pick it up. The patient pays a $10 co-pay and their insurance is billed for a minimal visit. The person that sees them is not a licensed nurse. It is just a tech or something. It is illegal to call them nurses. Also the time frame in which these patient's have to pick up their prescriptions is very limited. If they work, they have to miss work to pick it up.
in Longview,texas |
He will just see his patients the first and maybe the second visit. The succeeding visits, they intentionally schedule you to his PA and NP, who will just ask the same questions you were asked during the first visit for them to understand what's going on with you. Yet, in the appointment reminders, they will say, you are scheduled to Dr. Kamali. BUT on the day of the visit, the NP and PA will gonna say you are scheduled in their roster. the Dr himself lacks skill in explaining to his pt the tes
in Longview tx |
The staff there are horrible and he does not take any time with you. Most the time you see his assistant
in Longview, TX |
Because he was just thinking about money, if you go in his office all they will ask about how you will pay if you don't have insurance first pay the all money if you have insurance first will talk about the co payment. After that he gave you so many test even you can think of any.
Have you seen Dr. Kayvan Kamali, MD?
Are you Dr. Kamali?

Compare Dr. Kamali

Dr. Kamali's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  Board certified in Rheumatology

Dr. Kamali has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kamali's Board Certifications

• Dermatomyositis
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Felty's Syndrome
  • Gout
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

Wilson Mem Hospital

Completed in 2000

University Med Dent Nj/Cooper Hospital

Completed in 2002

Dr. Kamali does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kamali and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology