Dr. Kavitha Thukkaram, MD

Internal Medicine | Female

Prime Medical Care 212 Bridge St Bldg D Metuchen, NJ 08840 Get Directions
Dr. Kavitha Thukkaram, MD
Dr. Kavitha Thukkaram, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Metuchen, NJ. She is 44 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Thukkaram is affiliated with JFK Medical Center.

Dr. Thukkaram's Care Philosophy

We strive to promote health and maintenance through disease prevention, counseling, patient education, and diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses. We collaborate with other health professionals, and utilize consultations or referrals as appropriate. We believe patient advocacy is a key factor in accomplishing cost-effective care and acheive our goals by offering superior care through effective communication with patients and encouraging patients to act as a partner in health care.

Dr. Thukkaram's Experience

See how Dr. Thukkaram's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Thukkaram

Dr. Thukkaram accepts 24 insurance carriers

Dr. Thukkaram is now accepting new patients
Prime Medical Care212 Bridge St Bldg D
Metuchen, NJ 08840
Evening
Saturday
(732) 632-1700Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Thukkaram has admitting privileges.

Dr. Thukkaram's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thukkaram to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Thukkaram Says:

We are thankful to all our patients that have taken the time to review our services.

We strive to provide the best experience for all our patients.

We do understand that there is always room for improvements and appreciate all constructive feedback.

Please leave comments on our website if possible for an immediate response to your concerns.

Dr. Thukkaram's Performance
in Edison |
I would highly recommend Dr, thukkaram to my friends and family, because she is taking interest and answering questions and especially giving time to evaluate my medical concerns.
in Metuchen, NJ |
Excellent service staff is very friendliness The Dr.Thukkaram helps me all the way to achieve my goal and guidance
in Metuchen, NJ |
No waiting on very professional explained all the procedures what they were and the outcome of each one
Metuchen, NJ |
The Doctor was recommended by my Endocrinologist who had worked with her at JFK Medical Center. He felt she was a thorough Clinician. Happy with the care.
Metuchen, NJ |
Dr. She is very nice. I go to many doctors and she does a good job reviewing all the info. I am not thrilled with her computer system since I have to get all test results online. I do not have a computer or smart phone. Sometimes she is a little slow with my prescription requests.
Dr.T has been my doctor for last 10 plus years. She is an excellent doctor. She is friendly and knowledgeable. She listens and advises accordingly. Her staff is very friendly and helpful. No issues with appointments or emergency request. Would gladly recommend her to my friends.
in Metuchen, NJ |
Staff always friendly love dr thukkaram, always take me explain and never feel rushed
Metuchen, NJ |
I have learned a lot from Dr. THUKKARAM, she's very knowledgeable and willing to explain. I feel comfortable with her and feel she has my best interest at heart. Much appreciated!
Metuchen, NJ |
Dr. T is very thorough, caring, and confident. Nevertheless she is not afraid to consult with other specialists (cardiologist in my case) to confirm her readings of medical tests (abnormal ekg in my case), which only adds to my confidence in her. And importantly, from year to year she remembers me and my history. I highly recommend her.
Metuchen, NJ |
Dr Thukkaram has been my Doctor for today last 9 years. She is a caring, knowledgeable and forthright physician and there is no one else I would rather go to.
Metuchen, NJ |
Dr. KAVITHA THUKKARAM IS VERY FRIENDLY AND PERSONABLE. SHE STAYS CURRENT ON NEW ADVANCES IN MEDICINE. SHE ALSO GIVES GOOD TIPS AND RECIPES ON HEALTHY EATING.
in Metuchen, NJ |
Dr.Thukkaram is very professional. She take care of every issue about my health, she is very lovely and caring person. I would recommend doctor Thukkaram to anyone who needs a good doctor. She is the right doctor !
Excellent service....
in Edison nj |
She is too good and clarifies all your questions.
in Metuchen, NJ |
I have been with the doctor for over 7 years. She is very patient and understanding. She listen all the concerns and explain to me in the detail. I didn'the face any issue with appointment or emergency request. I recommended Dr kavitha to all my friends.
Manalapan, NJ |
Very professional staff and service is excellent. Dr really cares for your well being and goes above and beyond to support your goals.
Metuchen, NJ |
The doctor is extremely knowledgeable in her field.
Excellent Doctor
Metuchen, NJ |
I have known Dr Thukkaram for more than 10 years and knew her from working at JFK hospital. I find her to be extremely empathetic and efficient. She always returns my calls and I am very happy with her bedside manner and clinical skills. Her office is very helpful and pleasant. They make sure my medications are refilled in a timely manner
in Dunellen, NJ |
Cool, calm, patient & a very caring doctor! Also she's very understanding of your needs so I highly recommend going to see.
I have been a patient of Dr. Thukkaram's for the last 5 years and have always appreciated her compassionate nature and ability to put me at ease when answering my many questions. My work schedule is unpredictable and Dr. Thukkaram has always been flexible to accommodate last minute requests for appointments. I leave my trust in Dr. Thukkaram because I truly believe that my good health and improvement in my quality of life is her primary concern.
in Washington, DC |
I am a fellow medical professional. When I called her office to speak with them about a patient, she was extremely rude. She seems to have no
north brunswick, nj |
Very pleasant experience with both office staff and Doctor. I always get a same day appointment unless it is Thursday or Sunday. She is knowledgeable and seems to genuinely care for her patient taking her time to explain in lay man's terms. No wonder she is rated top tier in all the insurance companies for her quality of care and cost efficiency
north brunswick, nj |
My Husband and I have been Dr Thukkaram's patients since 2005. We are mostly healthy and usually see her for occasional sick visits and annual physicals. She is very thorough and spends a lot of time in counselling a healthy lifestyle. I particularly appreciate her preference for lifestyle changes rather than starting medications. Unlike my previous physician, she will not prescribe antibiotics unless absolutely necessary. I would highly recommend her for those who value that kind of approach!
in Edison, NJ |
Her professional support and great staff
in Edison, NJ |
Best doctor! I would definitely recommend friends and family
in Edison, NJ |
For Excellent service, knowledge, great office support!
Have you seen Dr. Kavitha Thukkaram, MD?
Are you Dr. Thukkaram?

Compare Dr. Thukkaram

Dr. Thukkaram's Care Philosophy

Dr. Thukkaram says...

Dr Thukkaram believes that being healthy is a journey and not destination.

She believes in Prevention and Life style changes to most chronic problems  and her Obesity Medicine Training gives her an unique insight into lifestyle changes as a means to control most chronic conditions.

Her passion for an improved quality of life also comes from her training in Palliative care and working closely with Haven Hospice at JFK Hospital.

She is not only trained and Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Care and Obesity Medicine.

Dr. Thukkaram says...

We strive to provide the best experience for all our patients.

Dr. Thukkaram's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine and Internal Medicine

Dr. Thukkaram has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Thukkaram's Board Certifications

• Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine

• Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

Completed in 2001

• Hindi
  • Tamil
  • Telugu

Dr. Thukkaram does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thukkaram and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dietetics