Dr. Kavita Kalidas, MD

Dr. Kavita Kalidas, MD

Neurology  |
Female
Dr. Kavita Kalidas, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Tampa, FL.

13330 Usf Laurel Dr

Tampa, FL 33612

• Ambetter
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Kalidas

See how frequently Dr. Kalidas performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Headache
Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Kalidas's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

Education data for Dr. Kalidas is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Kalidas has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kalidas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kalidas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kalidas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kalidas to family and friends
1.9
Dr. Kalidas' Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Brooksville, Florida |
Had confidence in her for debilitating chronic migraines. That is no longer the case , I have been recently diagnosed with a debilitating fungal infection that is hard to treat and is devastating. This disease causes chronic headaches and her ignorance on the subject and inability to educate herself was apparent when she was dismissive and wouldn't even consider the problem. The problem here in Florida is not one doctor knows about this disease that stems from the southwest . She is arrogant.
in Weeki Wachee, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr Kalidas since moving to FL three years ago. She is helpful, very knowledgable and always up to date on current treatments. She always has something new to add to the migraine discussion. She never lets the appointment end without being sure I have no more questions for her. The plan of care is always clear when I leave, and it is easy and convenient to communicate through the USF website.
in Kissimmee, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Kaladis...I had headaches and electrical shocks going into the back and top of my head...She nailed that the main problem was with my occipital nerves in the back of my head...Gave me 4 injections that day and my local Pain Management Doctor followed through with two more rounds...Additionally, she had me take two little pills each night...I have no more headaches and my local Internist continues the script for me...I could not have asked for a better outcome...
Land O Lakes, FL |
Dr. Kalidas is just so unpleasant, aroggent and all around disrespectful. My mother was with me at every appointment and she was so rude to her. She didn't care about what we had to say about MY problem. She just thought she knew everything and how to fix everything and she doesn't. She never helped me. So I just highly recommend never going to her...EVER!
Spring Hill, FL |
She is the best and the worst. If you're suffering from migraines which can not be controlled by another neurologist than she's your gal. She will not make you feel good. She will not give you the warm fuzzies. If you're lucky you might catch a smile. However, she is a genius. She will find a solution to your problem. She will fix your migraine but you'll have to work around her. Brilliant doctor and I wouldn't go any where else.
Tampa, FL |
Do NOT see this doctor if you have an urgent medical need. As a patient, this Dr. refuses to refill a prescription because she has not seen me recently. However, the Dr. is unavailable for any appointments for 3 months and I suffer chronic, debilitating migraines. My prescription recently ran out and I have tried to see her. Her staff is apathetic and they would rather a patient suffer than refill a (10 year old) prescription to help their patient in the interim. Find a Dr. who cares.
Tampa, FL |
I would not recommend anyone this doctor. She insinuated I was a drug addict, an alcoholic, and told me that if I sold my pills it would be a felony among another things. I hate drugs I told her that and that I just wanted to sleep and that I have been suffering from migraines for years. She didn't even read my chart before interrogating me. I have anxiety and depression and didn't have my meds to get through class after my visit with her. I stayed and put up with that in more because it was $40
in Tampa, FL |
Wow I came upon this website just trying to find Dr. Kalidas's phone number for my medical history. I decided to read the reviews and I am so glad I did. If I could leave zero stars I would. I am stuck with Dr. Kalidas because my neurosurgeon (Dr. Winters) passed away two years ago. I had been going to him for 11 years and he was the best doctor I ever had. So to go from that to THIS is a nightmare that would take up this whole page. Every review on here nails this woman to a T.
To be quite blunt, I tried to like Dr. Kalidas the first office visit, given her chilly bedside manner. She was very direct and seemed to have an organized approach. However, all later visits were nightmares. She was so patronizing and rude. She subtly told me multiple times I was lying, but while she was smiling! I have never felt so disrespected, especially by a healthcare professional. It sickens me that she is in this powerful position when so many people are suffering.
in Orlando, FL |
There aren't a lot of choices in this field unfortunately, this is an issue. I travel quite a way to see Dr. Kalidas. However once I arrive she is patronizing and condescending. Every piece of info I give her ends in her asking me some type of question that makes me feel small and stupid. She isn't exactly rude, but she is a scientist with no bedside manner. The sad thing is I think she thinks she has bedside manner. She is successful with her prescriptions though so I return each time.
Tampa, FL |
She stopped responding promptly when I was in crisis and began to ignore my refill requests. She told me how often per week I was supposed to have migraines that required medication. I did not blame her when after two years I was still in pain daily with it often escalating but she seemed to blame me. I tried many things to prevent the pain under her care none of which worked consistently. I think this frustrated her and she expressed this by being unkind during our last couple appointments.
Tampa, FL |
She is terrible! She walks in the door and never smiles. She has her nose in the air like she's better than you. And she's EXTREMELY judgemental! Do yourself a favor and find someone else!
in Rumson, NJ |
This Dr hides her lack of knowledge behind a childlike insecure condescending manner. She offers no advice or shows absolutely little to no knowledge of migraine headaches or cluster headaches. She started at Devry University Medical School with a 69% acceptance rate (It's not Harvard that's for sure). Thant should say it all. As a lifetime sufferer migraines and now in another of several cluster cycles after visiting this Dr I have only one positive thin to say: she accepts 19 ins. co's. HA HA
in Zephyrhills, FL |
Dr. Kalidas has a poor bedside manner. I have experienced her as rude, condescending, and defensive. When my care was transferred to her from a fabulous neurologist that left USF, I was hopeful. Unfortunately she leaves me very disappointed and wondering if she is just too young, inexperienced, or has chosen the wrong profession. I would never recommend her to anyone.
Tampa, FL |
I thought Dr. Kalidas was great! She asked me many questions to determine my issues as I was a new patient. I was getting multiple migraines a week, and I wanted to determine a way to use less medicine. Based our discussion she gave me serval vitamins to take on a daily basis and one prescription for when I traveled. i did not have a migraine for a month after starting to take the vitamins and only have had a handful since my visit 5 months ago. She was direct, but efficient-results matter!
in Tampa, FL |
When I first started treating with her in 2012, she was not rude. Now my last visit she was flat out rude, her bed side manor was horrible! I'm now in the process of looking for another Dr. I could not believe how rude she was. She didn't explain her self clear about the treatment process. When I asked a question about it, she looked at me as if I had the problem. Her statement May be I didn't explain myself clearly! (Sarcastically). She is the absolute worst!
in Dover, FL |
I've never had a doctor talk down to us like she did. My 16 yr old son see's her for his chronic migraines & she was upset that we didn't follow her instructions 100% from our very first visit. He was doing well since that visit so another visit nor phone call was warranted. Needless to say his migraines returned a good month later & we made an appointment. She was thoroughly upset with us & made sure she verbally stated that & referred us to another doctor. She needs a lesson on manners!
in Brooksville, FL |
She was extremely rude & did not listen to anything that I had to say. She decided, before even meeting or examining me, that my debilitating migraines were caused by anxiety because of medication that I was taking. The medication was prescribed for a heart condition & not anxiety. My condition continued to get worse. After discussion with my rheumatologist & opthalmologist it was suggested that I be tested for MS. She blatantly refused to do so. So I had to get a new neurologist.
in Wesley Chapel, FL |
This doctor needs to work on her people skills. I would not recommend
Wesley Chapel |
Very very rude ..I'll be going elsewhere
Saint Petersburg, FL |
this was my second visit with dr kalidas for migraines. She was very rude to me, treated me like I was a 5 year old. Talked very condescending to me. Discredited my concerns with medications. Was not at all helpful in coming up with a new plan for my migraines. Will not be returning to see her anymore. Definitely would not recommend her to anyone!
in tampa fl |
This Dr was not only condescending but contradictary to her fellow. He was wonderful but she created a very disrespectful, insulting, and unpleasant experience. I am sure she's knowledgeable but has a terrible bed side manner. She did not listen to my explanation of why I was there. She just made assumptions about me, my reason for being there and prescibed meds. I only wanted a referral to be evaluated for mild TBI. I was in a lot of pain that day. Her condescending behavior was unnecessary.
I thought that the previous patients have been over re acting but trust me they are not if you are looking for a dr to deal with complex headaches than find another provider i was shocked at this dr lack of empathy or giving alternatives she does not liked to be questioned either you do as she says or she would rather stop treating you. After being admitted to the er she was cleary irritated that i came to see her sooner than my follow up appointment
The first I met my doctor I thought it was me losing sleep that first night I met her, sh comes on ttostrong to strong to the point you don't want to even tell her about yoyouealth conditions I thought it was me me, d my second appointment and it was not me the same thing happen again this time I felt my inside boiling with this doctor now getting the good part all the end of my appointment her phone ring the doctor answer not another DOCTOR A FRIEND TALKING ABOUT BEDS BEING DELIVER SHE WALK OUT
Have you seen Dr. Kavita Kalidas, MD?
Are you Dr. Kalidas?

Blue Select
    BlueDental Choice
    Emblem Health
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA