Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 59

Neurosurgery

Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Atlanta, GA. He is affiliated with Northside Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD

Piedmont Physicians Neurosurgery

980 Johnson Ferry Rd Atlanta, GA 30342 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Khajavi with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Mayo.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Khajavi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Khajavi

3.9

Dr. Khajavi

Successful Spine Surgery
Dr. Khajavi performed a lumbar laminectomy and microdiscectomy and I am incredibly happy with the results and recovery has been going very well. The sciatic pain I experienced in my legs was eliminated and I felt a huge improvement immediately after surgery. I'd highly recommend Dr. Khajavi to anyone considering spine surgery. I found him to be very careful and thorough and considerate of ensuring a good outcome for me.
Apr 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
Starting at the first visit, I was heard. Dr.Khajavi and his team were exceptional. I ended up having surgery and had a great result.
Katie Paradowski – Oct 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
Dr. Khajavi is a wonderful back surgeon who recently did a unique SI Joint fusion on me. The results were excellent and I would trust him with my life.
Lance F – Aug 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
For years I suffered with back pain. I had one surgery to fix two herniated discs when I was 13, but the pain and weakness never truly went away. Twenty years later, I met Dr. Khajavi during a period where my spine felt extremely weak and I was sitting and sleeping on the floor just to get some reprieve from the pain. Dr. Khajavi recommended a two-level spinal fusion. I trusted his judgment and am so happy I did. The surgery went extremely well, recovery with proper physical therapy went faster than expected, and I feel stronger and healthier than ever before. I will always be thankful for Dr. Khajavi, his expertise, and patient care. Because of him and his team I feel like a full human again.
M Horta – Apr 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
My chiropractor recommended I see Dr. Khajavi as a second opinion for mulit-level spinal fusion anterior C4-C7. At the appointment, I first saw Patrice Braun, PA-C and she did a thorough asssessment of my symptoms. Dr. Khajavi came in and spoke with me letting me know that surgery was absolutely necessary. I felt not only comfortable with both of them I felt like they were who I needed to perform the surgery. Surgery was scheduled promptly with Jackie Esparza, MA. for February 2nd, 2021, at Northside Atlanta Hospital. From start to finish I felt comfortable (although nervous) and cared for. It has been four+ weeks since surgery and I feel that I have my life back. There is no pain and while there is some tingling & numbness in my right hand and left foot, it comes and goes, and I have been advised it will take up to six months for the complete healing process. The whole team is responsive, thorough, knowledgeable and I would absolutley so this again if necessary!
K Grahl – Mar 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
I have been in pain for literally 18 years. My life has been filled with shots and surgeries, potions and lotions and nothing really helped me for any length of time. All of that changed 12/22/2020. Dr. Kahjavi performed a SI fusion and I am telling you he hit the nail on the hip in my case. My fusion is a success and for the first time in 18 years I can see a life at the end of my tunnel. I would recommend Dr. Kahjavi to anyone seeking answers and help because I have all the confidence in the world he can help you.
Deanna M. – Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
I had a spinal fusion (as a 70 yr old man) with Dr. Kaveh Khajavi in March, 2020 following years of debilitating back and leg pain; after physical therapy and steroid injections did very little to alleviate the pain. From the pre-op visits with Dr. Khajavi and Patty (PA), everything was explained very well, including the risks and what to expect post-op. Following three months in a back brace following surgery, I began Physical Therapy twice a week for six weeks and once a week for six weeks at PT Solutions in Brookhaven. I was skeptical about PT, assuming I could go a few times and then do it on my own. I quickly realized that PT was a must. With follow-up X-Rays and post-op visits at one month, three months and six months, Dr. Khajavi monitored my progress carefully, and I was given clearance to resume all normal activities at my six month follow-up. Overall, the surgery was very successful and I'd recommend this procedure to anyone with a similar medical dilemma.
Jeff Lehren – Sep 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
I had a XLIF L4-L5 fusion on July 1. I was up and walking almost immediately, and was back at work in 10 days (with a brace). I am 7 weeks post surgery now, and all is going well. I chose Dr. Khajavi after seeing several other surgeons who were pushing me for a fast surgery with little or no care for my particular situation. Dr. Khajavi encouraged me to try several different things (PT, Chiro., etc) prior to surgery. He does not rush in surgery for the sake of cutting. I later realized how important the XLIF surgery is (his specialty). The majority of the post-op pain is from the incisions needed to fix the spine. My XLIF was from the side, avoiding the stomach and back muscles. Yes, the pain in the side was bad at first, but diminished with time (1-2 weeks). But, it was all very bearable since the spine and leg pain had disappeared! Dr. Khajavi is truly a master of the game, and the fact that he has great bedside manner is even better. I highly recommend him.
Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
My surgery was 6/30/20 & 7/01/2020, it was a complicated surgery. I did my homework on the team I chose to put my health, life, and ability to continue to keep me upright and ambulatory. Dr. Khajavi and staff ended up being that team and they are truly amazing. I am so pleased with my decision. I am 6 weeks 'post healing.' Everyone in this office had solid professionalism. Dr. K was great at explaining all of my 'targeted' spine issues and what my options were. He is impeccable about his work. As said, it was a complicated procedure, he, his medical assistant, Jackie and his PA, Patty were fabulous at helping me to understand what I had ahead of me.One's health going into any procedure is a major component in recovery. Knowing this as a career personal trainer, I prepped the best I could prior, with all the questions I had via email or phone, I was treated w/ respect in their answers to the best knowledge that they have experienced from science and experience.
Deannine C. – Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
9/19/2019 I recently underwent an XLIF spine fusion (L4-L5) procedure with Dr Kaveh Khajavi and his team. I cannot express the constant feeling of severe leg pain, numbness and weakness that existed for years prior to this surgery. Walking with my family proved to be a challenge. I did significant research on this procedure and had numerous meetings with Dr Khajavi and his team prior to my surgery. He personally answered all questions I and my family had throughout this process. After surgery, my pain was completely gone and have never had any reoccurrence. I consulted with a number of physicians and selected Dr Khajavi because of his outstanding reputation, philosophy of creating a minimally invasive process and extensivve experience in procedures such as this. I can say with conviction that Dr Khajavi lived up to the high standards he has already created and performed this complex surgery with perfection.
Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
I wish I could give Dr Khajavi and his staff 10 stars. He is an excellent surgeon! His skill and expertise are extraordinary.
Judy Ward – Jun 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
Great Surgeon that really cares about his patients. Listens to their concerns,and is very thorough with the explanations regarding any procedures and continued care to keep patients healthy
BJ Myers 6/8/2020 – Jun 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
After living with severe pain in my left leg for almost a year, Dr Khajavi performed a minimially invasive surgery which gave me immediate relief! It was miraculous! His support staff of Jackie, Patty and Annette were very professional and helped me though the pre-op and post-op. I highly recommend neurosurgeon, Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, and the staff of Southeastern Neurosurgical Specialists to anyone suffering from debilitating back and leg pain. Dan E.
DANIEL E. – Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr. Khajavi. My PCP recommended Dr Kaveh Khajavi, neurosurgeon, when I was diagnosed with severe spinal stenosis. It was a very fortunate recommendation for me. Dr. Khajavi was very thorough and direct in explaining what needed to be done as he described the type of laminectomy I needed and the reasoning behind his thinking. He is easy to understand and conservative in his approach. While there was a degree of urgency, I never felt rushed. On surgery day everything went exactly has he and his staff said it would. I was up and walking in the hospital hall about 8 hours after the surgery. His physician assistant, Patti Braun, is very knowledgeable and patient, and his medical tech Jackie Esparza was very responsive both before and after the surgery. Together they make a great team. Five stars all around.
Peter Hill – Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
I had spinal fusion surgery with Dr. Khajavi on Jan. 29, and I could not be more pleased. I have found Dr. K. to be very caring (what doctor spends 30 minutes with a patient?), very meticulous and very straightforward. In my case he had to remove 25 year old hardware from a previous fusion, then fuse another level. Mine was not an easy surgery, but he and his team were and continue to be wonderful. His staff also is approachable and easy to reach, which is important after surgery when all kinds of questions tend to pop up.
Debra Hartsfield – Feb 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
A great Doctor and surgeon and he did seem to really care as opposes to what other patients say. He fixed my problem and basically gave my life back. I would recommend him always.
Michael S. Katz – Dec 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
My experience with Dr. Khajavi was excellent. His last solution for me for my back problems was surgery. That is the route we ended up going after trying PT and injections. The surgery went better than I expected and was able to leave the hospital the same day without an overnight stay. Recuperation went well and I was back to normal in two months.
Ron Morgan in Marietta, GA – Nov 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
Dr. Khajavi repaired my exploded T11 &12 vertebrae. He was very honest, sincere, and realistic with my expectations. He was meticulous removing bone fragments from around the spinal cord. Went to Dr Rhodts for a second opinion years later. He praised the work Khajavi performed and told me he did an excellent job. I agree and wouldn't have any other surgeon due to his results.
Lilburn – Sep 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
Excellent physician. Very down to earth and does explain your condition in detail easy to understand. My fusion procedure went just as planned. After years of severe back,leg pain and weakness I am able to finally walk without pain.He has to be one of the best in Atlanta!
Simone Flack in Suwanee, GA – Aug 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?
I’m sure this doctor knows his stuff, but he just doesn’t seem to care very much. It felt like I was just another number to him. He didn’t seem to care about my comfort at all. I ended up going to a completely different neurosurgeon.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nov 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaveh Khajavi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Khajavi?