Dr. Kaukwok Ho, MD

Dr. Kaukwok Ho, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Kaukwok Frederick Ho is a board certified ophthalmologist specialized in cataract surgery, multifocal lens implant, laser surgery, diabetic eye diseases, glaucoma and macular degeneration as well as the full spectrum of vision disorders. Dr. Ho is also recognized for his expertise in pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus surgery. He has been voted a Top Doctor in the US by the Consumer's Guide to Top Doctors and a Top Ophthalmologist by the Consumer's Research Council of America. He has earned a Superior Service Award from the Angie's List and a Health Grades Recognized Physician Award. Dr. K. Frederick Ho is the medical director of Atlantic Eye MD and Atlantic Surgery and Laser Center, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Academy of Ophthalmology. An honors graduate of the California Institute of Technology, Dr Ho earned his medical degree from Washington University, St. Louis. His ophthalmology residency was completed at Barnes Hospital and Washington University Medical Center. Dr. Ho was awarded a prestigious Pediatric Ophthalmology Fellowship by the Children's Hospital in Washington, DC. Dr. Ho offers his time and expertise in service agencies in his community as well as national and international organizations, including the Brevard Health Alliance, the Lupus Foundation and the Brevard Association for the Advancement of the Blind. He has been honored by the Knights Templar Eye Foundation for his volunteer work in ophthalmology and eye surgery. Dr. Ho instructed doctors while performing eye surgery in China on a jet equipped with an operating room for Project ORBIS.

8040 N Wickham Rd Ste 102

Melbourne, FL 32940

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Ho

See how frequently Dr. Ho performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Conjunctival Hemorrhage
Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Cataract Removal Surgery

Dr. Ho's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Ho "Our goal is to provide our patients excellent, personalized eye care in a friendly and compassionate environment.

We use our knowledge and skill to protect your precious gift of sight."

• Ophthalmology

• Diabetic Cataracts
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Relaxing Incisions, Corneal
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• Barnes/Wash U
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Childrens Ntl Mc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Ho has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese

Dr. Ho does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ho and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ho's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ho to family and friends
Dr. Ho's Performance
in Melbourne, FL |
Following 2 cataract surgeries performed by Dr. Ho, my vision is spectacular. I no longer need to wear glasses & traded my expensive prescription glasses in for a $10 pair of cool sunglasses. Thanks Dr. Ho!
Melbourne, FL |
Horrible doctor. More a businessman than a healthcare provider. To your face he may pretend to be nice but don't be fooled. He is a disgusting little man who hires sex offenders and drug addicts and under qualified staff just to save $$ Purposefully misleads his patients and if you have surgery with him plan on having a second procedure he won't tell you about. Just overall horrible doctor. As I said he should be considered a businessman NOT a doctor. BEWARE!! BEWARE!!! Don't trust him.
in Melbourne, FL |
I read medical articles written by Dr. Ho in the local paper and also researched his qualifications and found him to be well qualified. I just completed cataract surgery on my second eye and the experience was excellent. I am now back to 20/20 vision in both eyes and colors are now so vivid. Their staff is very friendly and professional and I found Dr. Ho and his staff eager to answer all of my questions to my satisfaction and I did not feel rushed. Thank you Dr. Ho and the A-Team.
in melbourne, fl |
I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes which was performed by Dr. Ho. I am absolutely thrilled with the results. I how have 20/15 vision and no longer have to wear glasses except for reading. He thoroughly explained the procedure and what I could expect upon completion. He gave me total confidence in his abilities and I was not disappointed. His surgery center is excellent and his staff is superb. I was treated with utmost care and professionalism. I recommend him highly!
in melbourne, fl |
If you are looking for an ophthalmologist who is an expert in his field, willing to patiently explain your condition and answer your questions, and assure that his staff consists of qualified, caring professionals, then Dr. Ho should be your choice. My macular degeneration is at a stand-still and is being carefully monitored. Both cataracts were removed and my eyes recovering nicely. For the first time ever I could see the rocket when it launched! Thank you, Dr. Ho!
in Viera, FL |
Wonderful, wonderful doctor. He's the best Ophthalmologist I've ever gone to. He is currently treating my glaucoma. I've referred all of my family to him. He and his staff are professional, caring, and knowledgeable. He is up on all of the latest treatments. He and his staff are great.
in Rockledge, FL |
I only wish all of my doctors and their teams took the lead from Dr. Ho and his staff in patient care!!! This group is outstanding and I can't thank them enough for my new look on life with 20/20 vision after lens replacements!
in Rockledge, FL |
During my first cataract surgery (Dec. '16), I was very nervous. Dr. Ho and his staff were very concerning and alleviated my anxiety. The surgery went very easy and with great results. The 2nd cataract surgery just occurred (Jan. '17) and this time, I experienced no nerves or anxiety and the second went even better than the first surgery. I now see great in distance with no glasses and for close reading, I use "cheat" 2.5 readers. Praise the Lord and Dr. Ho and his very efficient staff.
in Melbourne, Fl |
Outstanding service. Staff extremely caring and friendly. Highly recommended.
in Melbourne, FL |
I am older, and during my life I have experienced various surgeries but I have never experienced such an amazing doctor & staff. The office staff is very knowledgeable , courteous, and caring. Dr. Ho was amazing, and performed outstanding surgery on both of my eyes. Everything was done professionally and correctly. The surgical staff was also excellent; making me comfortable and confident in their ability to handle the procedures and insure I was well taken care of. I can now see everything!
in Melbourne, Fl |
Dr. Ho has taken wonderful care of my eyes for many years. I recently had my second cataract surgery. Dr. Ho and his staff are the most professional and caring group of people I've ever met. From the folks at the desk to the anesthesiologist everyone you meet is thoughtful and attentive. Just the best group!
in Satellite Beach, FL |
Dr. Ho is an outstanding, skilled surgeon who performed my recent cataract surgery that has greatly improved my eyesight. Dr. Ho, his office personnel, and clinical staff treated me as an individual with great respect and attentive compassion. My husband also has been treated by Dr. Ho and likewise holds Dr. Ho's professional knowledge, skill, and care in high esteem. I highly recommend potential new patients seek experienced medical care from Dr. Ho and his team.
in Melbourne, FL |
Just finished my other eye cataract surgery by Dr Ho. He did an amazing job. Both Dr Ho and staff are very caring and professional Just made an appointment for my wife with him. Also my neighbor used him and had nothing but praises for them at Atlantic Eye and Dr Ho. Al Taylor Melbourne fl
in Melbourne, FL |
Review for Dr. Ho Dr. Ho performed my cataract surgery in May-June 2016. Having long since “recovered,” I could not be happier. For almost fifty years I wore glasses and now I need none at all, not even for reading. When I was told during my previous exam (by a regular ophthalmologist) that my cataracts were so bad that no further corrective lenses would help, my wife and I scoured the Net to locate the best ophthalmic surgeon in Brevard County. I was leery of going to a large group and bein
in Merritt Island, FL |
Dr Ho's care and surgical expertise regarding my catarachs and overall loss of vision including macular degeneration was over and above what I expected as a result. My vision has been restored to 20/25, I am now able to drive and read effortlessly. Not bad for a 78 yr old woman !! I am highly recommending Dr.Ho for your vision problems, he is a miracle worker in my mind. Thank you Dr Ho.
in Melbourne Beach, FL |
I'm new to area and was in dire need of eye care. After thorough Internet research, I decided to go with Dr. Ho who had excellent ratings/reviews from everyone. Absolutely no negative comments to be found. I had failed DMV's eye test and wanted help with understanding and improving my vision. Dr. Ho was indeed the best choice. After initial eye exam, he explained that I needed cataract surgery in both eyes. After surgery I have 20/20 vision. Strongly recommend Dr. Ho & competent staff! The BEST!
Have you seen Dr. Kaukwok Ho, MD?
Are you Dr. Ho?

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA