Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Katie Huynh, DO
Dr. Katie Huynh, DO is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Coeur D Alene, ID. She is 40 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Huynh is affiliated with Kootenai Health.

Kootenai Clinic Neurosurgery

• Medicare
  • Moda Health
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Huynh

Kootenai Clinic is a network of doctors, nurse practitioners and physician assistants who are employed by Kootenai Health and provide care to patients throughout the Inland Northwest.

Dr. Huynh's Experience

Dr. Huynh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery
  • Neurocritical Care

Dr. Huynh does not have any board certifications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

• Western U Hlt Sci Col Osteo Med Of The Pacific
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
  • Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015
  • St Louis University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016
  • Vanderbilt University
    Other Education | Completed 1999

Dr. Huynh has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Huynh has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Huynh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Huynh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Huynh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Huynh to family and friends
Dr. Huynh's Performance
in Coeur d'Alene, ID |
cannot thank Dr Huyhn, and her NP's Tara Flores and Jacque Alexander enough! There care and compassion were second to none! I had a microdisectomy 8/22/17 and I immediately felt better than I have in 10 years. The pre-op, surgery, and post-op services have been the best quality of care I have ever received. This group of highly trained and competent individuals are truly miracle workers.
seattle, wa |
I wanted a consult for cervical disc surgery. May she reviewed MRI. Accepted as a patient. In June I saw the PA in her office. Cervical disc herniation. Completed nerve conduction & spinal injection elsewhere. Became workman's comp case. Pain increasing, numbness and loss of fine motor, able only to work part time. Aug. 3 soonest appt. Dr. Huynh said she could not do anything for me and referred to another neurosurgeon. Waste of 3 months. May eval should have clarified surgery option
Hayden, ID |
Due 2 incompetence, I was irradiated 7 times needlessly; 2 X-Rays they had and 5 back X-rays be 4 they realized the error. I then left some requested paperwork at desk. I mentioned the error of unnecessary X-Rays and less than 1 hour later same person called asking if I would be in to have X-Rays done before the next day's appt. After appt. I was given folder with referral and a rushed updated history that's 10% wrong. Referral Dr. was sent wrong # and ins. THX to Dr Huynh's Off. No trust here
Thank you for the valued feedback. We now send all insurance info to referral doctors instead of just the insurance listed as primary. I hope all your paperwork was taken care of. If not, please call our office manager and we will take care of it. I apologize for the "unnecessary X-rays". As a clarification, when the ER or PCP orders X-rays, sometimes it does not provide us with all the views to make a sound surgical decision. The additional X-rays were different views, not duplicates.
in Coeur d'Alene |
explained everything very well. Doctor and staff very pleasant. would recommend to friends and family.
in Spirit Lake, ID |
I have never met a more compassionate or dedicated doctor than Dr. Huynh. She will operate any time, day or night, in order to save a life or ease pain. She cares about patients' wellbeing and quality of life more than any other considerations. She is not only immensely skilled and professional in her work, but she embodies the spirit and meaning of the Hippocratic oath. She is comforting, attentive, and very giving of her time and energy. She avoids risky procedures that could harm the patient.
in Coeur D Alene, ID |
wonderful and educational experience! Seemed extremely caring!
in Sandpoint, ID |
This was my second visit to Dr. Huynh. She took considerable time to explain what was happening with my backand to show me th what the MRI revealed. She is obviously a very knowledgeable and caring physician. I feel very comfortable with her explanations and the resulting patient plan that she outlined. Her staff was also very competent. My only negative is that, on both occasions, I had to wait for over an hour for her to appear. She made up for it, however, with the amount of time that she
in Coeur D Alene, ID |
Excellent doctor. Asked lots of questions, explained in detail my condition and her treatment plan. Spent generous amount of time understanding my issues and did so very patiently. Staff also excellent and empathetic. Definitely I would recommend this doctor
in Troy, ID |
My first visit, and I feel I was given individual care and an understanding of my situation. The staff folks, as well as Dr. Huynh, made me feel they cared about my problem and gave me sufficient information to make decisions about future actions.
in Hauser, ID |
Dr. Huynh is not only an excellent surgeon she is an incredibly compassionate person. The physical and emotional care she provided me was outstanding. I would give her the highest possible rating for the care she has provided me.
in Clarkston |
Dr. Huynh is a true gem to her community. She is thoughtful, thorough and insured me that I fully understood my spinal situation. She performed my surgery as scheduled and followed-up as promised. She was very kind and straight forward with my family to ensure they fully understood the procedure. She and her staff were readily following hospital discharge to overcome a minor problem caused by the pain medication. My pain situation has been resolved and I have full confidence in her.
in Rathdrum, Id |
Dr. Huynh is a very kind, caring and compassionate person. She went out of her way to help me when I really needed help with my ruptured disc. My surgery was a total success and I am amazed with the results. Her staff and followup was professional and thorough. I would definitely recommend Dr. Huynh and her staff to any of my family or friends.
in Coeur D Alene, ID |
Dr. Huynh's medical knowledge quite evident. She is able to explain diagnostic test in layman terms with ease as if you are a colleague of hers. Dr. Huynh's demeanor is caring, comforting and reassuring. The office, nurse practitioners and medical support are just as competent and friendly.
in Post Falls, ID |
Dr. Huynh is a wonderful doctor with a personality to go with it. She is an amazing soul with vast knowledge. I would highly recommend her to anyone needing the help of a neurosurgeon. I felt less like I had a doctor/patient relationship and more like I had a friend who was willing to work miracles for me! She and Tara, her NP, are an outstanding team!!
in Coeur D Alene, ID |
Before I found Dr. Huynh, I had been in terrible back and leg pain for almost three years, I saw her and she made my surgery appointment within a week, After surgery, I had no leg or back pain. She is a Dr. who cares about her patients and their care and comfort I can't say enough good things about her, I have several friends who have seen her and are having surgery, and they feel the same way. Roberta J. Snyder
in Coeur D Alene, ID |
I recently had major back surgery performed by Dr. Huynh. The results have been remarkable. I had extreme pain lower back and the right leg for 2+ years. After many injections and ablations, relief had not been found. Dr. Huynh quickly diagnosed my condition and thoroughly explained the appropriate procedure by use of spine models,MRI and X-ray visual aids. Her genuine concern for my well being was always her primary interest and evident in her demeanor. I highly recommend Dr.Huynh.
in Edwardsville, IL |
Most outstanding relationship with any doctor I have ever had. She is family.Kept my husband informed every step of the way during several brain surgeries and explained it all to me in terms I could easily understand. I will follow her to Idaho if possible.
Have you seen Dr. Katie Huynh, DO?

Visit Dr. Huynh