Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyFemale

Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Hyattsville, MD and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University of Maryland At Baltimore / Professional Schools medical school in 2000. She is affiliated with medical facilities Holy Cross Hospital and UM Laurel Medical Center. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mahalati to book an appointment.

Dr. Mahalati

Kathy Mahalati MD

3311 Toledo Ter Hyattsville, MD 20782

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Mahalati's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Mahalati's Top Procedures and Conditions

Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)

Dr. Mahalati treats Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea) more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Mahalati treats this condition more than 100% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Abnormal Menstruation

• C-Section
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Fluid Contrast Ultrasound
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • Gynecologic Cancer Screening
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic
  • Hysterectomy - Open
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Laparotomy
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

Dr. Mahalati accepts

Dr. Mahalati accepts the following insurance:

Select

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mahalati

87.64044943820225%
6.367041198501872%

Dr. Mahalati?
  • Explained conditions well (240)
  • Listened & answered questions (239)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (239)
  • Long wait times (22)
  • Appointment was rushed (17)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (17)
She's helped with my last pregnancy and for routine check ups. This doctor is very helpful , committed and will take the time to answer any questions and provide options as well.
GW – Mar 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
I recently had a baby with Dr.M and my experience was wayyyyyy better then I expected. I was sooooooo scared when I was getting closer to deliver. During my pregnancy the Doctor and staff were so reassuring always answering my questions. My labor was long and hard I was trying to call it and just get a c section so many time but Dr. M was a rock?? this was my first pregnancy and she wanted to make sure I had a good experience and had a vaginal birth. This pregnancy and delivery was everything I wanted and more. ????
Mar 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
i hadnt been to the doctor since grade school & was terrified when i found out abt pregnancy. From day one I explained my fears/anxiety, & Dr. Kathy & staff ensured I was comfortable & relaxed each visit. Laughing & talking w/them calmed my nerves (thats the office atmosphere, very inviting). I ALWAYS looked forward to my visits. They made me feel (& know) I was more than a patient,they treated me like family! Level of concern & compassion, talking me thru everything. Above & beyond care. They knew how nervous I stayed (anxiety) & would come & talk & laugh with me before the dr saw me (this also got my BP down to normal).I could/did text with questions/concerns & quickly they responded & relieved my anxiety. A lot of uncertainties along the way; Dr. Kathy personally ensured I had the care (w/specialists) needed.Dr. Kathy promised no matter where/when I went into labor she would be there (she was my calm) and she was! She left a family event to deliver my baby. SHE IS THE BEST!PERIOD!
Camille Love – Feb 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
I love coming here! Dr. Mahalati is truly a blessing. During my pregnancy, the office manager and staff were extremely friendly and were knowledgeable of all questions asked. Dr. Mahalati delivered my baby girl 09/09/19. I loved her office so much that I made her my primary doctor. I highly recommend it here.
Jan 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
Wonderful staff and Doctor I would highly recommend this office. I love how they have everything in one office so I don't have to go to different location.
Very satisfied – Jan 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
She insists to see you every two weeks and sends you to a specialist multiple times. I was scheduled 6 times in my first 12 weeks of pregnancy... I told her I have headaches and she sent me to a neurologist. She added nothing but stress to my first pregnancy. You’d think I was high risk or geriatric... it really seems like a money grab to be completely honest. Office manager is incredibly pushy. I would rather have gone to a more generic doctor... seriously brought so much stress to me and my family.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
GoSomewhereElse – Nov 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
Dr.Kathy M Mahalati is such a caring physician and very hard working. She is not only a good and knowledgeable doctor but also a great human being. All of her staff members are also very helpful and professional. After every visit, I felt so good about their service. I felt so fortunate after finding her as my OB-GYN. Thank you for being so much more than I ever would have thought I could find in a doctor. I will recommend her to all my friends and family.
Tasnim faruque – Nov 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
I have visited Dr. Mahalati for at least 7 years. She has been an incredible doctor; an amazing OB/GYN! She helped us during our infertility and has delivered our 3 children. She has an amazing group of women working for her, they always treat us like family. Our last child was delivered over 1 week ago - and when in the hospital she makes sure you are taken care of. If you are looking for an amazing doctor, someone you can trust and know they will be there for you every step of the way, you need to see Dr. Mahalati!
blanca flores – Sep 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
She is the best OB-GYN I have ever known, She delivered my three babies and I thank God for her. she is good at what she does and loves what she does. Treat her patient with respect. And her office secretary is the best. Will definitely recommend her to family and friends anytime, any day.
Humu keita – Jun 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
Excellent care! Excellent Doctor!!!!! Excellent staff!!!!!! I highly recommend this office.
Apr 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
When I have an appointment with Dr. Mahalati there is little to no wait to start your appointment. Dr. Mahalati’s staff are all wonderful they are all so sweet they treat you like they have known you for years. They create such a peaceful environment and make you feel so welcomed. Dr. Mahalati is very thorough and she answers and addresses any concerns you have she is very caring and understanding. She dedicates time to you and makes sure you leave the office understanding everything that was discussed.
America Marin – Mar 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
Despite on some of the negative reviews, I can only speak from my own personal experience. I have known Doctor Mahalati and her staffs for over 8 years. She helped me delivers my 3 babies. We can’t make everyone happy, but what I learned over the years that Doctor Mahalati and her staffs will always make sure that all of her patients have the best care. They were with me in the good times and the bad times. I will always feel that they are a part of my life, because of the level of professionalism and dedication they have for this field. If I can give 10 stars, I would. They are the best and I will always recommend women to come to Doctor Mahalati.
F williams – Jan 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
This is the third pregnancy that Dr. Mahalati is seeing me with ! I will not go to anyone else but her ! I love love love the staff and the dedication Dr.Mahalatii has with her patients . She helped me deliver vaginal after a c-section and helped me with my premature delivery . During this pregnancy I’ve had complications but due to her constant check up she has been able to catch things before baby decides to come early again . Forever grateful ! Best doctor hands down !
Ma. pouerie – Dec 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
I am a new patient to Dr Mahalati office. My experience with them has been nothing but great so far. I called and got an appointment the same day each person greeted me with a smile. The flow of the office was excellent. Once I got the Doctor she explained everything to me. Inform me of everything she was going do. She made sure I understood everything completely which is what I liked I have never been to a Doctor office. Where the Doctor did not rush in and rush out she took her time. Highly recommended!!!!
Sherry Ashton – Dec 06, 2019
Great office ,great experience
Nov 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
I am a soon to be grandmother for the first time and I live out of state. On my visit with my daughter, she brought me to one of her appointments . She was so excited for me to meet this Doctor she has been talking so much about. Once I got there I was surprised at how clean and organized the office was. In the waiting area they had relaxing music playing on the TV. And everyone greeted me with a smile. And the Doctor was wonderful. This is my daughter’s first pregnancy and I love how the Doctor explains everything to her and made sure she understood everything. Me and the Doctor had a couple of laughs and I felt very comfortable with her. This experience made me feel a little better about not being here to experience everything with my daughter. When I move back to Maryland I will be coming to this office for my check ups
Jul 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
I just left this office and I must say, I love the environment, the friendly staff, love the Doctor. Everyone was so honest about everything. They made sure I understood what I was doing and my plan of care was explained to me. I went there for a 2nd opinion and I never have an experience like this I will be keeping Dr. Mahalati as my Doctor.
May 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
Dr. Mahalati is a caring and wonderful doctor. But unfortunately, I have to deal with one of the staff member Chanel who is very manipulative and not at all helpful.
Pinky in Lanham, MA – Mar 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
500 ch is not enough to explain what a gem my OB is. She is the BEST! Pampers us, she is on top of all medical tests, has a great group of team members to assist her. Chenelle, is fantastic and very friendly. You get the best care possible in every way. For me, I visited with her during all my prenatal visits in person and during labor, delivery and recovery, she was there through out for more than 14 hrs as I had to deliver early-34 weeks. Had a C- section, Felt so comforted that she was around
Angelin – Feb 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?
Best staff, caring management, convenience of available laboratory and ultrasound services,open on weekendsm,same day appointments in care of emergency. You can not beat it!
Oct 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathy Mahalati, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mahalati?

• Obstetrics & Gynecology