Dr. Kathy Karamlou, MD

Dr. Kathy Karamlou, MD

Rheumatology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Kathy Karamlou, MD is a rheumatology specialist in Newport Beach, CA and has been practicing for 20 years. She graduated from George Washington University / School of Medicine And Health Sciences in 1998 and specializes in rheumatology.

355 Placentia Ave Ste 208

Newport Beach, CA 92663

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Delta Health System
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Karamlou

See how frequently Dr. Karamlou performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
Arthritis
Psoriatic Arthritis

Dr. Karamlou's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Rheumatology

• Rheumatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Biological Therapy
  • Bursa Injection
  • Diagnostic Ultrasound
  • Injection Therapy
  • IV Therapy

No malpractice history found for California.

• George Washington University / School of Medicine And Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • La Co Harbor Ucla Med Center

Dr. Karamlou has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Karamlou does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Karamlou and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Karamlou's Reviews

3.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Karamlou to family and friends

Dr. Karamlou's Performance

Dr. Karamlou is a fantastic rheumatologist. She is current on the latest medicines, research and treatment protocols. Two family members are under her care and they are doing great, thanks to her help. She is professional, prompt and cares about us. Her office staff is a dream to work with, and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Karamlou is the most knowledgeable ethical physician I have met. She is kind and lovely.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I needed to see Dr. Karamlou for a second opinion when I was between insurance plans. She is very professional and knowledgeable. I have a rare disorder and she was up to date on treatment options and even emailed a specialist at the Cleveland Clinic to make sure I was on track. I highly...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I tried for 10 days to actually secure an appointment. I hear Dr. Karamlou is fabulous, however her office staff obviously isn't concerned if you are in pain and need some help in a reasonable amount of time!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

I apologize for the delay in scheduling. One of the local Rheumatologists passed away suddenly last month and we have been inundated with appointment requests. I appreciate your feedback and we are working to streamline our process to reduce the frustration for patients calling to schedule.

I was surprisingly underwhelmed with Dr. Karamlou. She didn't truly listen and during my first appointment she told me that I was simply depressed, and wrote off all of my concerns. She did some tests begrudgingly which returned negative, and then she tried to diagnose me with something that I...more