Dr. Kathy Cook, MD

Dr. Kathy Cook, MD

Dermatology  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Kathy Cook, MD is a dermatologist in Ankeny, IA. She specializes in dermatology.Read her story

Forefront Dermatology - Ankeny

2785 N Ankeny Blvd Ste 24

Ankeny, IA 50023

• HAP Insurance
  • Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Cook

See how frequently Dr. Cook performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dermatitis
Skin Infections
Boil

Dr. Cook's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Cook's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cook "Kathy Cook, MD is a board-certified dermatologist who founded Skin Solutions Dermatology in 2004 after spending twelve years with multi-specialty groups. Dr. Cook has a passion for cosmetic dermatology and anti-aging procedures. For the past eight years, Dr. Cook and her staff have been voted Best Dermatologist in Story County, Iowa."

This content was provided by Dr. Cook "Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out."

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

• Iowa State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Iowa
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University Of Iowa Hospital and Clinics

Dr. Cook has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member
  • Iowa Dermatological Society, Member

Dr. Cook's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cook to family and friends

Dr. Cook's Performance

Very professional while being friendly. Thorough exam. I do recommend her.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I find Dr. Cook to be knowledgeable, competent, and easy to work with. When I explain an urgent or semi-urgent basal cell need, I can get an appointm4nt within a few days.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
When I called to schedule an appointment the said they accepted my insurance, but when I got there they informed me that they did not after I had already been told otherwise. It was a wasted trip that could have been saved if they had told me over the phone when I asked numerous times.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
People are super friendly, helpful, confidential and the visits are never rushed. Always a good experience when I go there. They listen to your concerns and genuinely care. I have never felt like just a "number" and have always been happy with my visits.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Based on many conditions, including other available dermatologists, I would recommend Dr. Cook ahead of any other choices in Ames. Availability, timeliness, friendly, knowledgeable, and ability to work with a solution quickly and effectively is such a standard above the norm that it makes her a...more
Are you Dr. Cook?