Dr. Kathryn O'Day, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & MetabolismFemaleAge 45

Telehealth services available

SCL Physicians

1960 N Ogden St Ste 120 Denver, CO 80218

Dr. Kathryn O'Day, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Denver, CO and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. O'Day has more experience with Osteoporosis & Screening, Thyroid Disorders, and Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring than other specialists in her area. She graduated from University Of Minn Med School In Minneapolis medical school in 2004. She is affiliated with Saint Joseph Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. O'Day to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. O'Day is affiliated with Saint Joseph Hospital Denver, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Critical Care Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Frequently Treated by Dr. O'Day

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. O'Day treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. O'Day treats other conditions, please contact the office at (303) 403-7933.

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. O'Day is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Osteoporosis
Osteopenia

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Dr. O'Day is experienced in the area of Thyroid Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 17 conditions and procedures

Thyroid Goiter
Hypothyroidism
Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
Hyperthyroidism

Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring specialists.

Dr. O'Day is experienced in the area of Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Diabetes Type 1
Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Diabetes Type 2
Diabetic Ketoacidosis

Gonadal Endocrine Disorders

Gonadal endocrine disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the reproductive and sex glands, including polycystic ovary syndrome, Turner syndrome, and gynecomastia, most often through hormone replacement therapy.Compare with other Gonadal Endocrine Disorders specialists.

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

• Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Congenital Hypothyroidism
  • Iodine Deficiency
  • Lipedema
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Oral Glucose Tolerance Test
  • VAP Lipid Testing
  • Vitamin D Deficiency
  • Water Deprivation Test

Dr. O'Day accepts

Dr. O'Day accepts the following insurance:

Whole Health Colorado Front Range

Dr. O'Day's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. O'Day

3.6

Dr. O'Day
DO NOT RECOMMEND. I was very disappointed with Dr. O'Day. Although overall she was polite, I felt judged and unheard during my appointment and like my needs were not met. Nobody told me to sign up on their portal to receive my test results and nobody from the office called me to discuss them with me. I had to call another department (their office is closed Fridays) to learn about the online portal. From there, Dr. O'Day had no interest in discussing my results over the phone even though I requested it. I've never experienced a doctor so unwilling to help a patient in need.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Jul 13, 2021
I do not recommend Dr. O'Day if you are looking for a caring doctor who really listens and wants to work with you. If you are just looking for a doctor to prescribe meds then she is probably a good fit. She did not perform a physical exam on me nor did she follow up with my lab results despite them being flagged by the lab. It did not feel like she took my concerns seriously and I was left feeling very unsupported after my visit with her. I would never recommend her to family and friends.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Disappointed – Jul 13, 2021
Existing patient that was unable to schedule a visit. Office processes are a broken. Office not focused on providing health care.....
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
X Patient – Jun 15, 2021
Wow, this has been a nightmare. I recently moved to the area and was referred to Dr. O'Day from my old endo (who was AMAZING). After several weeks of follow up to ensure my records were received, it was clear no one on the staff every opened my records to review. Dr was late to the telehealth appt, app did not work (opened on my phone and laptop before I could push through to "open" the appt. Fast forward 3 weeks and I still don't have my pre-authorizations for insulin. I was forced to purchase pen needles without insurance because no prescription was sent in. It's been 4 days since my last voicemail and no response from the office. AND I realized after picking up RX that they prescribed me one insulin in vials instead of Kwikpens. I've been using Kwikpens for 18 years, and this burned 90 days of insulin RX now that I cannot use despite paying exorbitantly for it. Also, no needles for the vials. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
  • Long wait times
Mar 06, 2021
My experience with Dr. O’Day has been nothing but positive. She explains procedures and medicine well and is patient with me as I ask numerous questions. She is courteous, respectful, professional and kind
Mary Monaghan – Jan 14, 2020
She is a fantastic Endocrinologist. She listens to her patients and will do everything she can to find out what is wrong. She honestly cares about her patients.
Claire Scharfenberger – Nov 16, 2019
I have had two appointments with Dr. O'Day. She is professional and carefully analyzed my labs and history before recommending a course of action. I found her thorough and informed. I would recommend her.
May 29, 2019
Not about the doctor, never got to see her. Three months after my referral from my PCP, one call back from their office for an intake interview while I was in the middle of a medical emergency with a family member I needed to call back and then was told they no longer had my information. AND no office manager to speak with.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Dec 06, 2018
Dr. O'Day is amazing I have spent a lot of time trying to find the right doctor for my PCOS and hypothyroid management. She is genuine and really makes me feel that she cares about my concerns and helps me to understand my body better. I'm thankful to have found her and highly recommend her.
Maggie in Denver, CO – Jul 18, 2016
My rheumatologist referred me to Dr. O'Day after a bad bone density scan. Dr. O'Day set up a Reclast IV infusion. It mad me horribly sick! Due to my employment situation (and lack of insurance). I have not returned to her. I believe that she's a very good doctor. I must mention that he nurse had a nearly impossible time with a blood draw. One of the worst experiences EVER!!! If I ever go back to Dr. O'Day, I will ask her to order my blood draw from a lab ~ anywhere than at her clinic. :(
S Graves in Sioux City, Iowa – Dec 17, 2015

How was your experience with Dr. O'Day?

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism