Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM

Podiatry ·  Female

Dr. McCarty

Sports Occupational & Knee Surgery

9150 Huebner Rd Ste 200 San Antonio, TX 78240

Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM is a podiatry specialist in San Antonio, TX. She graduated from Barry Univ and specializes in podiatry and podiatric foot & ankle surgery.

Dr. McCarty's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McCarty

4.3

13.559322033898304%

Dr. McCarty?
Dr. McCarty's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM
Overdue but came in today with church friend. Doctor Kat is a sports team podiatrist but should be our church podiatrist as well. She has treated over eight of us for ankle fracture surgery, ankle sprains, ingrown nails, dislocated foot in car accident and many other things I cant remember. She also diagnosed a friend with rheumatoid saving her from multiple surgeries. She is so skilled, nice and straightforward.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Very long wait times in office. Very long recovery time. More foot surgery was done than discussed causing 8 month recovery time and still have some pain. No rehab was given even though it was requested by me. Pain meds and creme were prescribed only after several months out of cast(s). They were also sent to my home without my consent and attempted to bill me after being refused. Time mentioned to be off my foot was not correct and went into several months no weight bearing. Ancient Xray.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Coming from a medical and athletic family, I sought 3 opinions on my issue. She was the most decisive and thorough. I can't thank her enough for changing my life for the better (although I had to have major surgery and 4 months to recover). I'm active and even back to running now after nothing for years. Rare to find a great surgeon with great bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
My son was originally referred to another podiatrist, who was eager to conduct surgery. Doing some research we found Dr McCarty and she provided a more realistic to his condition and how to balance/fix with his highly active soccer schedule! So glad we found her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Dr. McCarty was not particularly punctual, however, the care and attention I received was absolutely worth waiting for. It's been my experience these past years it is normal to have to wait in a Doctor's office. Nevertheless, she was very professional, took care of my foot problems, recommended ortho inserts that were less expensive, but the most important thing is she fixed my feet issues and I have no more pain! I highly recommend Dr. McCarty.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Since my accident in 2015, I had foot pain and sought treatment. It didn't work so I listened to my wife to come to McCarty. First time-I waited 10 minutes and then they did my Xrays. I then waited another 10 minutes before Dr. McCarty came in and spent 30 minutes with me explaining my leg and ankle issues, my Xrays, and why my pain hadn't resolved (basically what the other 2 doctors missed). I have one more visit but after 2 months, I think I'm healed. Really excited to start training agai
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Had a 9:45 appt. At 10:15, I asked the receptionist if it would be much longer. She replied she was just waiting for a room. Another 15 min go by. I asked if it was normal to wait this long (45 min now) to see the doctor. She said, it depends. She's a specialist, she may have procedures to do. I said I also have things to do, I cannot wait for 45 minutes with no end in sight. I left. I don't care how good she is, ifshe has 45+min of wait time, she cannot manage her patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Two different surgeons told me my prognosis was poor and they couldn't (or wouldn't) help me. After years of failed treatments, Dr. McCarty listened to me. Although it required a major, reconstructive surgery, I am back to jogging and my life. I cant thank her enough. She's so kind and talented. Even my scars have almost faded.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Had excellent results from foot surgery. Dr. McCurty removed a bunion and straightened toes that were being pushed sideways by that bunion. She guided me thru the recovery period giving me instructions on how to care for my foot. I can't believe how good my foot looks now. I'm very pleased with the outcome and highly recommend Dr. McCarty.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Dr. McCarty was very committed and diligent to cure my feet issues. We tried different types of treatments and she was very determined to find a solution. We were successful in the end and I'm grateful for her determination and breath of knowledge which ultimately led better quality of life for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Never felt rushed. This doctor always took her time and explained everything.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
I felt like she was being dismissive and she couldn't decide if one of my toes had a fungus or not, I did schedule a procedure but canceled it because I found a different Doctor the next day.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Dr. Mc Carty does a great job of getting to know her patient and understanding their need. She is conscientious and detailed with your injury.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
She took care of an infected toenail. She was so kind and made me feel at ease.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Dr. McCarty is one of the few physicians who actually spends time with her patients and listens to what they have to say.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Dr. McCarty is very knowledgable. She cares about her patients as if they were her own family. I have sent a few of my friends and family to her because I know they are in good hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Dr. McCarty was an excellent physician when I needed advice on ankle issues. She was knowledgable, personable and very caring. She recommended a great physical therapist group to help with rehabilitation. I would highly recommend her to friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Seems very competent in her area of expertise, has comforting bedside manner, took time to treat me properly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Doctor McCarty is great. However, the billing staff and office manager are rude and do not bill correctly which results in over charges. It takes forever to get a refund.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathren McCarty, DPM?
Even with appointments at 8:30 in the morning, you can plan to wait more than an hour to actually see her.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. McCarty?

• Podiatry
  • Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery

Board Certified by American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgeons in Reconstructive surgery of Foot, Rearfoot and Ankle
Chief Resident, Orthopedic Department, Podiatry Div
University of Texas Medical School At San Antonio
University of Texas Health Science Center
Barry Univ
St. Mary's University, San Antonio

Dr. McCarty accepts

Dr. McCarty accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. McCarty's experience treating your condition or procedure

Ankle Sprains and Strains

Dr. McCarty treats Ankle Sprains and Strains more than 98% of her peers

Dr. McCarty treats this condition more than 98% of her peers

Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture

Dr. McCarty treats Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture more than 97% of her peers

Dr. McCarty treats this condition more than 97% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Achilles Tendon Rupture

• Foot Deformities
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Foot Surgery
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Hallux Rigidus
  • Sprain
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Toe Sprain
  • Traumatic Injuries

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. McCarty treats patients.

Methodist Hospital