Dr. Kathleen Nelson, MD

Dr. Kathleen Nelson, MD

Adult Psychiatry  |
Dr. Kathleen Nelson, MD is an adult psychiatry specialist in Beverly, MA and has been practicing for 24 years. She graduated from University Of Mn Med Sch in 1988 and specializes in adult psychiatry.

275 Cabot St Ste 5

Beverly, MA 01915

• Beacon Health Strategies
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Nelson

See how frequently Dr. Nelson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

ADHD and-or ADD
Bipolar Disorder
Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse

Dr. Nelson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Adult Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Couples Therapy
  • Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• University Of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus
  • Keck School Of Med At Usc
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Keck School Of Med At Usc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Nelson has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Nelson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nelson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nelson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nelson to family and friends
3.0
based on 20 total reviews (4 with comments)

Dr. Nelson's Performance

Trustworthiness
GOOD
Explains condition(s) well
GOOD
Answers Questions
GOOD
Time well spent

Scheduling
GOOD
Office environment
FAIR
Staff friendliness
GOOD
Average wait time

Dr. Nelson saved my life. 20 years I have been wondering what is wrong with me. All the health care pros kept saying it was just depression. She figured it out almost straight away. 3 hour initial interview. And 40 minute sessions. This is unheard of. Proper care, highly intelligent and...more
I have seen many psychiatrists over the past 12-14 years (since I was in my teens), and Dr. Nelson has proven how dedicated she is and how she wants to truly help you feel better. I see her for medication, and she is the first psychiatrist to really listen to me and my concerns, and help me find...more

Thank you so very much! I am glad you are feeling better!

Dr. Nelson is a very competant Dr. in psychiatry. She is very in tune with my feelings and how to approach them for resolve. She is wonderful about returning phone calls in a crisis. I would definitely recommend her to family and friends.

Thank you so much! You folks are all so very kind! I am so blessed in what I do, and so happy to be helping others to feel good in the process! Be well!

She prescribed me a medication that caused me to get Akathasia. When confronted about this issue, instead of trying to help me, she would no longer see me and took zero responibility in the painful new condition I was dealing with. Thankfully my actual MD took care of me and I am now fine.

I take great care in what I do, and although I do not recall the specific situation, I am always deeply concerned about what I prescribe, the impact of medications on patient well-being, and would be more than happy to listen. I am sorry you feel discarded in this manner, however, I would never stop seeing someone because of a side effect. I wish you the best, and hope you are well, and no longer suffering from any side effects whatsoever. The only thing that matters is quality patient care.