Dr. Kathleen Minnick, MD

Dr. Kathleen Minnick, MD

General Surgery  |

Dr. Kathleen Minnick, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Wellington, FL. She is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Minnick is affiliated with Palms West Hospital, Good Samaritan Medical Center and Wellington Regional Medical Center.

Kathleen Minnick, MD

10141 Forest Hill Blvd

Wellington, FL 33414

• AARP
  • AvMed
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Minnick

See how frequently Dr. Minnick performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
high
Cancer
Breast Cancer

Dr. Minnick's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Minnick "Come by and meet Dr. Kathleen E. Minnick, M.D. at one of her two Palm Beach County office locations. She is one of a handful of Board Certified female Breast Surgeons in Palm Beach County. A Pennsylvania native, she moved to South Florida eleven years ago. After completing a rigorous residency program at Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, she joined a well established private practice providing general and vascular surgical services. Over the ensuing decade, she further sub specialized in the care of benign and malignant breast disease taking care of hundreds of patients each year. Through her interactions with the community as a physician, as a public speaker for local organizations, and as an active participant in local breast cancer support groups, she realized the surgical care of patients with breast disease does not begin and end at the operating room doors. So she envisioned Advanced Breast Care of the Palm Beaches."

• General Surgery

• Lung Cancer
  • Melanoma
  • Myeloma
  • Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer

• Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Minnick has no awards or honors listed.

• Pediatric soft tissue infections, 1995
  • Soluble ICAM-1 in biliary atresia and its relationship to disease activity, 1998
  • The inflammatory response in pediatric biliary disease: Macrophage phenotype and distribution., 1996
  • Differential expression of the major histocompatibility antigens and ICAM-1 on bile duct epithelial cells in biliary atresia., 1997

Dr. Minnick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Minnick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Palms West Hospital

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Minnick to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Minnick's Performance
in Royal Palm FL |
I really like this doctor. I have no problem with the surgery she did or the following appointments, My problem was the last appointment scheduled. . I arrived for an 11 am appointment only to be told it had been rescheduled . When I said no one had called, I was told they had sent me a letter! .Letter went out the 17th to cancel an appointment on the 23rd. You can call my cell, text ,me , or email. Why in this day and age would you use snail mail?
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I have never completed an on-line survey for either positive or negative feedback but I just had to write to say that our experience with Dr. Minnick was absolutely incredible. She spent a lot of time diagramming, explaining, and the discussing next steps, the team, and what to expect. I have seen quite a bit and she absolutely blew me away. To say I was and am impressed is an understatement. Palm Beach County is lucky to have her. I
in Boca raton |
I saw Dr. Minnick 4 years ago and I waited two weeks for an appointment, to have his staff call me and cancel my appointment because the office didn't have one test result, even when I stress the urgency of my visit and offer to bring or fax the test results. I was told the doctors intrusions were to reschedule the appointment. I am highly disappointed that an office that deals with breast cancer would have staff that don't care when a patient expressed the urgency even after waiting two weeks
in West Palm Beach, FL |
She is an excellent doctor. She explained everything to my family and I.I had to have a double mastectomy because I had a very aggressive cancer in both breasts. She explained to my family and I thre procedure that I was to have which was a double mastectomy and the other procedures involved. She explained what effects i could have afterwards. Also her manner is straightforward and caring which I found very reassuring.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr. Minnick is an excellent example of how all doctors should treat patients. She treated me like an intelligent person, calmed my fears, and gave me support when I needed it. Dr. Minnick is a rare find. Thanks for everything that you do.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I have seen Dr minnick and she's excellent and highly recommended.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I saw Dr. Minnick in 2012 when my mammogram illustrated high volume density. I was not getting a clear understanding what it all ment and decided to reach out to a specialist. With a history of all kinds of cancer in my immediate family, I was not taking any chances or unclear explanations. Dr. Minnick was amazing explaining all that was going on. She went into details regarding awareness and follow up. Two biopsy later we are staying on top of things. Peace of mind and heart.
in West Palm Beach |
Dr. Minnick wins best in breed. She has a brilliant mind, an upbeat personality and is a perfectionist. Her surgery is state of the art....clean and concise. I love her...you will too!!!
Have you seen Dr. Kathleen Minnick, MD?
Are you Dr. Minnick?

Visit Dr. Minnick

Dr. Minnick accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • AvMed
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA