Dr. Kathleen Leone, MD

Dr. Kathleen Leone, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Kathleen Leone, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Wilmington, NC. She is 55 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

1729 New Hanover Medical Park Dr

Wilmington, NC 28403

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • American Republic
  • CoreSource
  • MedCost

Learn about Dr. Leone

See how frequently Dr. Leone performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cataract Removal Surgery
Presbyopia
Senile Cataracts
high

Dr. Leone's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Pinguecula
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
  • Presbyopia
  • Pterygium
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Retina Diseases

• Glaucoma Surgery
  • LASIK
  • Refractive Lens Exchange
  • Refractive Surgery
  • Visian Impantable Collamer Lens (ICL)
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • National Naval Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • National Naval Medical Center

Dr. Leone has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Leone does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Leone and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Leone's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Leone to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Leone's Performance
Southport, NC |
At my age I have been to a number of different doctors. Dr. Leone rates in the very top. She explains everything completely and listens carefully. I never felt rushed with her. Her friendliness is a welcome change from many doctors! She knows how to relate to people. I felt she saw me as not just another patient but also as a person. Her confidence and calm manner in explaining the surgery allowed me to go into it with no concerns or unnecessary worries. I can not recommend her enough!
in Camp Lejeune, NC |
I had a follow up eye appointment. I was in very good hands. Christine Garvin was very patient and kind. Ashlee was very helpful with all of my questions. I highly recommend Dr. Leone; she took such good care of me, I felt like family.
Waxhaw, NC |
Dr Leone is fantastic! She did my cateract surgery and corrected the astigmatism.The results are amazing. It is obvious that she is a dedicated professional while being very empathetic.
in Wilmington, NC |
Dr. Leone is extremely competent, professional in every way and truly is concerned for her patients. I felt completely at ease in her hands and confident that her surgery would be successful. Her follow up was outstanding. I would highly recommend her to any one seeking eye care or surgery.
in Swansboro, NC |
During October I had cataract surgery. Dr. Leone did the surgery at New Hanover Medical Center. I want t take the time to let you know how professional and courteous Dr. Leone and her staff were. From the moment I arrived until leaving everyone was so helpful and explained who they were and their role. Everyone provided what I consider World Class Customer Service.
in Southport, NC |
Very sweet, gentle way about her & she explains procedures well & what to expect. Seems genuinely interested in the patient on a personal level. Practice is well run, plenty of staff, not much wait time, all staff very pleasant. Practice is very well organized.
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
Was referred to Dr.Leone by my eye doctor in Myrtle Beach,SC and even though 100 miles away decided to take my doctors advise. Glad I did as it was worth the trip and the doctor was really excellent in all ways. I had a very good experience with her and she took very good care of my two cataract surgeries. You won't go wrong going to her. I now can see at a distance for the first time in years with 20/20 or 20/40 vision.
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
Excellent treatment from beginning to end through two cataract procedures. I received everything I expected and more. Everyone was professional, helpful and friendly. That says it all. Thanks Dr. Leone and the entire crew.
in Southport, NC |
Treats patients like people, not just a number. Listens to patient and responds in a way that a layman can understand. ????
in Wilmington, NC |
Dr. Leon was well recommended and I was not disappointed. She was friendly, competent, efficient and best of all the outcome of my cataract surgery has been outstanding. I constantly tell friends and associates of my positive experience.
in Wilmington, NC |
I had a refractive lens exchange with Dr. Leone in 2011 and my outcome was great. I recently noticed some decreased vision. I was able to see Dr. Leone quickly. I needed a laser treatment to clear some cloudiness that had developed. I appreciated the time she took to explain why the cloudiness had occurred and how the treatment works. My vision improved almost immediately.
in Wilmington, NC |
My eye sight has never been worse. I am going to have to have other surgeries to correct her mistake.
in Chadbourn |
I had an absolutely wonderful experience! I had Lasik surgery March 2015 and had great results! The preliminary testing was awesome and the staff was very friendly and personable! I have recommended Dr Leone and the staff to my friends! Wonderful beside manner and makes you feel like you are the only patient in her care that day and sits down to talk to you! I highly recommend Dr Leone and this practice!
in Hubert, NC |
Overall, my cataract surgery experience was not positive. During the preliminary exams in the Wilmington Office, the atmosphere seemed very impersonal. This was also true at the surgery center -- sort of like a cattle call. Dr. Leone herself was quite pleasant and did attempt to answer my questions but after that initial visit, it was very difficult to contact her or get a response to additional questions. I have not been satisfied with the follow-up visits by an optometrist.
Have you seen Dr. Kathleen Leone, MD?
Are you Dr. Leone?