Dr. Kathleen Hogan, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Female

Dr. Kathleen Hogan, MD
I am a board certified, fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in hip and knee replacement. I trained at Brown University School of Medicine, and completed an orthopaedic residency at the Medical University of South Carolina. I then completed an arthroplasty/joint replacement fellowship at the Brigham & Womens Hospital / Harvard University. I am in private practice at New Hampshire Orthopaedics in Nashua/Manchester NH. I specialize in primary and revision hip and knee replacements. As part of WOGO: Womens Orthopedic Global Outreach/ Operation Walk I have traveled to Congo and Tanzania to perform knee replacements. I believe that it is important to do whatever we can to help others in need.

Dr. Hogan's Care Philosophy

The decision to have a hip or knee replacement can be a difficult one. A joint replacement is a major surgical procedure, with inherent risks. The risk of complications, however, is small compared to its potential benefits. It is a life altering procedure, restoring the ability to garden, play with grandchildren, go for walks, travel, all without pain. I spend time with my patients and try to understand what they hope to gain by undergoing surgery. I want to make sure that the pain you are experiencing is caused by arthritis. I want you to understand the risks and benefits of surgery before embarking upon this journey. You need to trust and believe in your surgeon, that they will be there for you no matter what happens. I absolutely love what I do. I love coming to work and seeing my postoperative patients happy and satisfied with their surgery. I enjoy the time I spend in the clinic with my patients. And I love being in the operating room and performing joint replacement surgery.

Dr. Hogan's Experience

See how Dr. Hogan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hogan

Dr. Hogan accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Hogan is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Hogan has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hogan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hogan to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Hogan's Performance
in Antrim, NH |
I walked into Dr. Hogan's office in sever pain, using a walker and needing 2 hip replacements at 58 years old. She said she would do the surgery but I needed to lose around 40lbs. After hearing her reasons, I agreed with her, lost the weight and had the surgeries 8 weeks apart. She did a fantastic job! I am pain free! Have my life back! She is a no nonsense type of Dr. who tells you the truth. I woke up from each surgery pain free as she said I would! I highly recommend Dr. Hogan.
I had been in pain for years but never realized the pain was coming from my hip. Dr Hogan replaced my hip and after 2 weeks I was walking without a cane. I have my life back and I just wish I had done this sooner. Dr Hogan really took the time to listen to me and the office staff was wonderful.
in Nashua, NH |
I waited at least one hour on two occasions to see Dr. Hogan. I found her cold and patronizing. It was obvious that she had never reviewed my medical record since she asked questions that were in the medical records I supplied. You must provide all prior medical records and xray & scans re your ortho problem before you are allowed to see any MD in this practice. Why provide them if the doctor doesn't look at them? The office staff are well organized and pleasant.
I am sorry you were unhappy with your experience. I do try to spend time with my patients and sometimes run behind because I talk too much and try to spend time to listen to my patients. Even though I review the records from other providers, I do go over the history in detail with patients again in order to listen to them describe what has happened in their own words, instead of relying on what someone else has written in the chart.
Have you seen Dr. Kathleen Hogan, MD?

Compare Dr. Hogan

Dr. Hogan says...

As part of WOGO: Womens Orthopedic Global Outreach/ Operation Walk  I have traveled to Congo and Tanzania to perform knee replacements.  I believe that it is important to do whatever we can to help others in need.

Dr. Hogan's Care Philosophy

Dr. Hogan says...

Fellowship trained hip and knee replacement specialist

My practice is focused on treating hip and knee arthritis

I perform both primary and complex revision joint replacements

Dr. Hogan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in New Hampshire not available

Dr. Hogan has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Hampshire.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hogan's Board Certifications