Dr. Kathleen Heffron, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyFemaleAge 67

Telehealth services available

The Women's Health Group

9001 S 101st East Ave Ste 350 Tulsa, OK 74133

Dr. Kathleen Heffron, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Tulsa, OK and has over 42 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Heffron has more experience with Gynecologic Surgery and Gynecologic Care than other specialists in her area. She graduated from University of Oklahoma / Health Sciences Center medical school in 1979. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Hillcrest Hospital South and Hillcrest Medical Center. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Heffron to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists in your area

• Easy Scheduling
    Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Quiet Hospital
    Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is quiet. See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Oklahoma

Frequently Treated by Dr. Heffron

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Heffron treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Heffron treats other conditions, please contact the office at (918) 293-6200.

Gynecologic Surgery

Gynecologic surgery treats conditions affecting the female reproductive system, including cancer, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and uterine fibroids through procedures such as hysterectomy, tumor removal, and myomectomy.Compare with other Gynecologic Surgery specialists.

Dr. Heffron typically treats 70% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 11 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Colposcopy
Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancy)
Vaginal Surgery
Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic
Normal Frequency
High Frequency
Very High Frequency
Similar Providers

Gynecologic Care

Gyncologists diagnose and treat conditions that affect any part of the female reproductive system, such as vaginitis, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, or polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).Compare with other Gynecologic Care specialists.

Dr. Heffron typically treats 69% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 15 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
Pregnancy Test

Check Dr. Heffron's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Heffron's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Abdominal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colporrhaphy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Gonorrhea Infections
  • Gonorrhea Screening
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hemorrhoids
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic
  • Laparoscopic Vaginal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nausea
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Heffron accepts

Dr. Heffron accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Heffron's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Heffron

3.3

Dr. Heffron?
  • Office environment (27)
  • Appointment scheduling (24)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (22)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (13)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (11)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (11)
I’m a very sensitive person and she is pretty sarcastic. Some people like that, but I don’t. She is also not very trauma informed, or at least it does not come across that way. I was supposed to have a second appointment for birth control and cancelled it because I had an unpleasant experience. I will be seeing someone else.
Aug 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathleen Heffron, MD?
I’ve seen Dr. Heffron numerous times now over many years, and despite the the fact that I am always hesitant to make bad reviews online, as anyone can have a bad day, at this point I just can’t let this go without warning others. She’s an extremely rude and inconsiderate doctor. She doesn’t listen to anything I say and will actually cut me off mid-sentence numerous times every visit. When I tell her my thoughts, questions and symptoms she gets combative and will actually insult and mock me to make her points. I explained some weight gain that occurred immediately following the use of birth control hormones that she prescribed. She told me it was in my head, there’s no research to back up my claims and I’ve probably been eating too many French fries! I wish I was exaggerating but that is exactly what she said today at my visit. My previous visits were much the same. I am not a sensitive person but after 5 visits of being treated this way, I just can’t go back.
Nov 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathleen Heffron, MD?
I went to Dr Heffron after ultra sound found I had fibroids. She said” I don’t know why you are here” if your not bleeding heavily or in pain there is no reason for you to see me. Horrible experience, made me feel stupid and not important. She said ultra sound wasn’t clear. Well then why didn’t she order another ultrasound to be sure there wasn’t anything serious wrong. No she just made me feel like the dr that referred me was crazy & that I wasn’t important enough to mess with. Horrible bedside manner
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Sep 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathleen Heffron, MD?
I chose her out of my insurance catalog because my other gyn had retired. I made a bad decision! I suffer with pmdd, my family suffers it also. My history has not been the best with it and my pcp even says it's a matter of life or death. She acted as though I was lying, looked at me like I was dumb, and tried to get me with words, THAT I KNEW! I've had college, but because my tooth cap had fallen hours before, I was looked at as if I was a typical red neck just guessing. I need a full hysterectomy but she gave me birth control samples which made me feel the way I feel when I go thru an episode. Do not recommend her at all!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Pissed with PMDD – Aug 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathleen Heffron, MD?
Dr. Heffron literally saved my life and my career. Her knowledge, expertise, ability to listen, and willingness to immediately test further (without waiting for another appt) was key in taking the appropriate preiminary steps that led to correct diagnosis of endometrial cancer. After her initial screening exam and subsequent hysteroscopy (ten days later), she referred me to appropriate GYN Oncologist. She not only is straight forward and intelligent, she cares about her patients.
RSK in Tulsa – Oct 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathleen Heffron, MD?
Dr. Heffron is to the point with answers for my questions. I love this and find it so much better to have a doctor like her that doesn’t sugarcoat anything. I had a procedure with her and she was thorough with answers and made sure I was prepared. She’s fantastic! I highly recommend her. Office was clean, staff friendly and courteous.
TK in Tulsa, OK – Aug 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathleen Heffron, MD?
Her bedside manner is horrible. I went to her for a second opinion and to see if she could help wherenother doctors couldn't. She made me feel horrible about my visit. I wished I would of never went to her I left feeling like I was unheard and that I had wasted her time. If you want to be listened too go to another doctor. She questioned everything I told her like I was not telling he truth or that it could not possibly be happening the way I was telling it.
Sep 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathleen Heffron, MD?
I have seen Dr. Heffron since 2002. She delivered all three of my children. I am so grateful for her very direct and matter of fact delivery. She snapped me back to reality several times when pregnant. I am so grateful for her and her staff.
Tulsa, OK – May 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathleen Heffron, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Heffron for what the radiologist described as an abnormal CT scan of my abdomen and pelvic area. I was not so nicely informed that there was nothing wrong with me and I should not have been referred to her in the first place. She did not care about any of my problems. Also, her nurse came in every couple of minutes without knocking and kept informing her about her other patients. I had no privacy or concern about my well-being whatsoever.
Anonymous in Tulsa, OK – Dec 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathleen Heffron, MD?
There are many reasons that I would recommend Dr. Heffron. I would consider her to be an expert in her field. If it is beyond her scope, she will refer you to the appropriate provider. I think the thing that I love the most is her honesty. Some people might say that her bedside manner is horrible, but I disagree. If you want it sugar coated, she is not for you! Despite her "Brutal honesty", she really is very compassionate and caring. Kudos Dr. Heffron and her staff!
Mary Kay in Tulsa Ok – Oct 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathleen Heffron, MD?
Came to Dr with family history of breast and ovarian cancer one immediate relative and two aunts. Made my fears greater. Only wanted to admonish me on how the ovarian pain I have had for years with endometriosis could not be. Words used to the effect that the insurance company would not approve surgery anyway. Said surgery was very high risk. Seemed relieved when I walked out without letting her do examination.
Atlanta, GA – Aug 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathleen Heffron, MD?
Although Dr. Heffron's bio is impressive her bedside manners was not! Within the first five minutes she was talking about removing my ovaries (she didn't have access to my previous medical records nor previous test results) and she hadn't even examined me yet). She was culturally insensitive and incompetent. It wasn't until she saw my tears that she took her foot of the gas and stopped pushing her agenda which appeared to be based on preconceived ideas, by then the visit was over.
A Patient With A Voice in Tulsa, OK – Jun 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathleen Heffron, MD?
She is amazing!!! She made me feel so comfortable and I felt like she was really listening to me. I can tell that she really cares for her patients. Thanks Dr. Heffron!
Jan 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathleen Heffron, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Heffron?

Comfort, respect and quality medical care are the values that guide us.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology