Dermatology  |
Female
Dr. Kathleen Garvey, MD
Dr. Garvey is a Board-Certified Dermatologist specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of general skin conditions such as acne, atopic dermatitis (eczema), psoriasis, plus the treatment of skin cancer. Dr. Garvey’s expertise also includes cosmetic procedures, including Botox, dermal fillers and vascular laser.

1320 Pabst Farms Cir # 180

Oconomowoc, WI 53066

Dr. Kathleen Garvey, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Garvey

Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out.

Dr. Garvey's Experience

Dr. Garvey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Dermatitis
  • Folliculitis
  • Itchy Skin
  • Lichen Planus
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• Miami University, Oh
  • Mayo Clinic, Florida
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Other Education | Completed 1997

Dr. Garvey has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member
  • American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Member
  • Waukesha County Medical Society, Member

Dr. Garvey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Garvey to family and friends
Dr. Garvey's Performance
Slinger, WI |
Dr. Garvey took the time to answer all of my questions and explained my treatment options thoroughly. She and her staff made me feel comfortable and were very welcoming. I would definitely recommend Dr. Garvey to anyone who is in need of dermatology services.
Waukesha, WI |
Dr. Garvey is always sincere and professional. She is efficient and has a pleasant bedside manor. Would recommend her to anyone.
in Oconomowoc, WI |
One of the things that I like best about Dr. Garvey is her thorough full body exam. She explains her procedures, doesn't push you into something you don't want, let's you know what to expect. and is concerned about any uncomfortable feelings you may have whether it is pain or a mental concern.
Oconomowoc |
There was a scheduling error on the part of the dermatology office, but they handled it well and were able to fit me in quickly. Dr. Garvey was very nice, informative and took the time to address my concerns and treat my issues. She also took the time to inform me of billing options because it's not always in the patients best interest to use insurance, which I appreciated. Her assistant was also friendly and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Garvey to friends and family
Oconomowoc, WI |
After consulting other physicians over three months to no avail, I decided to consult a dermatologist. Dr. Garvey came highly recommended by a close friend. Condition has cleared up in two days!
Malone, WI |
I was very pleased with Dr. Garvey. She explained everything well. Her staff treated me well also.
in Oconomowoc, WI |
I thought I had completed this review before. But I'll do it again, since my experience was an excellent one.
Hi Thanks for the positive feedback and responding to the review. I appreciate the feedback.
in Hartland, WI |
Very good experience. Low wait time. Thorough examination and explanation of findings.
Watertown, WI |
Great experience from the minute I walked in the door. Staff very nice and Dr. Garvey personable, explained everything and detail oriented. Have recommended Dr. Garvey to several friends.
Hi Thank for you for the 5 star rating and positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
Waukesha, WI |
I like everything but do have problems with on line billing and not accepting my HSA account usage, so I pay through my health insurance account
Hi Thank you for the positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
Lake Mills WI |
Dr. Garvey's personality immediately made me feel at ease and I found our meeting very informative, in dialogue that I could understand. She explained the procedure thoroughly, and made it the least uncomfortable as she could. This was a "second opinion" appointment, and I am so very thankful for someone else recommending Dr. Garvey; and I believe she will continue to do what is best for my health situation. I will in turn, highly recommend Dr. Garvey to anyone who needs to see a dermatologist.
in Delafield, WI |
First appointment of any kind in years that was on time. Things were handled well and explained completely ..... well done!
Hi Thank you for the 5 star rating and taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate it very much.
in Waukesha, WI |
Dr. Kathleen Garvey is excellent! Both my wife and I go to her for our skin concerns. She explains everything really well and is extremely thorough when checking for potential skin cancers. The removal of these is also a concern so that each time it is minimally invasive. We've had other Dermatologists over the years, and we are both extremely pleased with Dr. Garvey and her entire staff. They take great care with us and we are most grateful.
in Oconomowoc wi |
Great experience! Explained everything very well to me and took the necessary time. Very professional- great staff -would recommend to anyone
in Eagle, WI |
Dr. Garvey is wonderful, very professional, very knowledgeable, takes time to explain everything to her patients, on time and accommodating with her appointments, not in the least it arrogant.
Pewaukee, WI |
Dr. Garvey saw me at my appointment scheduled time, no waiting! She was the most thorough Dermatologist I have been to for my Plaque Psoriasis, looking at each and every patch and had her nurse document all of the locations of the patches. No other Dermatologist has done this. She is friendly and seemed sincerely concerned to help me clear things up. She also understood how uncomfortable the Psoriasis is. Dr. Garvey took her time, did not rush and I was very impressed. Her nurse was excellent to
Whitewater, WI |
I can easily say that Dr. Garvey is THE most caring, thorough, and all around BEST doctor I have ever visited. She takes the time to thoroughly explain my condition and possible treatments. Also, she goes out of her way to find the best options when money is a factor. Not only would I recommend her to anyone in need of a dermatologist, but I would drive 100+ miles to visit her if I moved away and needed her services.
Hartland, WI |
Dr. Garvey was competent, professional and personable in my recent visit. I went in for a routine screening, she efficiently scanned me, told me what she found, gave advice on what to do going forward, and told me when to make my next appointment. I'm totally satisfied.
Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Garvey was extremely thorough, informative and knowledgeable. She and her staff were so nice and very friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Garvey.
in Oconomowoc, WI |
Dr Garvey and your staff were very friendly, informative and treated all of with much kindness. We are all very happy with Dr. Garvey and your other staff members.
in Oconomowoc, WI |
She was fantastic. Dr. Garvey did not beat around the bush, did not waste time, and spoke in clear language so I knew exactly what was being discussed. Kind and intelligent staff made the appointment painless and easy.
in Waukesha, WI |
Dr. Garvey and her staff are awesome. They are always helpful and she fights for your care with the impossible insurance companies for you. Highly recommend for any skin issues.
St Paul, MN |
Excellent service and treatment.
in Oconomowoc, WI |
Very through exam to identify potential problems.
Hartland, WI |
Great doctor who cares about her patients and makes her patients feel confortable. I would highly recommend her to friends and family.
Pewaukee, WI |
Very professional, caring, thorough, personable.
Oconomowoc, WI |
Wonderful and caring. Extremely knowledgeable and thorough.
in Oconomowoc, WI |
I was unable to have an urgent appt. with my regular Dr. So they scheduled me with Dr. Garvey. She had an opening the same day. I was pleased to get in so quickly. Initially it appeared I would have a long wait once I got to the Drs. office. But Dr. Garvey was able to shave some time and meet with me much quicker. Dr. G never met me before, but she was able to absorb my medical info before hand without repetitive questioning. She was very professional and to the point. I would see her again.
in Hartland, WI |
I appreciated Dr. Garvey's referral to another doctor for a cosmetic procedure I was interested in having done.
Oconomowoc, WI |
This was my first visit to see Dr. Garvey. I came at the wrong apppintment time because of a time zone change but they were very accommodating and got me in right away. She was very professional yet personable. She was thorough in her exam and gave clear information about my issues. She answered all of my questions. I would recommend her!
North Prairie, WI |
I have been going to Dr. Garvey for 5+ years. She has removed many atypical moles. She is wonderful and I trust her with my children too.
in Whitewater, WI |
Stubborn issue but Dr Garvey doesn't give up and does what is needed to provide a better standard of life with the obstacles of skin issues. Highly recommend her for all things Dermatology
in Dousman, WI |
Dr. Garvey is a VERY caring person. She takes great time to be certain to answer questions and always asks if I have questions. She writes things done for me to take home so that I have a "plan" to follow in writing. She is VERY careful to be certain that the patient fully understands the directions and very thorough in her care. A VERY nice person over all and a GREAT doctor.
in Sullivan, WI |
Dr. Garvey made me feel very comfortable and explained what she was doing the whole time. She was very nice and you could tell she loves her job and cares about her patients. She answered my questions in a way that I could understand. I definitely recommend her!
in Pewaukee WI |
My husband and I highly recommend Dr. Garvey. She always takes her time with us, explains everything so we have a thorough understanding of what the diagnosis is and how the treatment will take place. I have had experience with 3 other dermatologists over the last 39 years and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I found Dr. Garvey 5 years ago and we have recommended her to several people looking for a great dermatologist!
in Dousman WI |
Dr. Harvey was very thorough with her examination and offered several recommendations for the prognosis. She is very sensitive to the patients concerns. Highly recommended for her services.
Hartland, WI |
I went to see Dr. Garvey for a baseline check, my first visit with a dermatologist. She was referred to me by the nurse of my primary care Dr. Dr Garvey was very thorough and spent a lot of time with me. I was very happy with my appointment.
in Oconomowoc |
Prompt service with top quality professionals. Dr. Garvey has a great personality and listen to you concerns. She is always complete with her review and communicates the best solutions. When you leave you feel like you received the care and quality results you wanted. Her staff is friendly and good listeners.
in Oconomowoc , WI |
I would definitely refer all my family and friends to Dr.Garvey. I think she is an excellent Dermatologist-very caring, takes time w/you, explains problems and procedures well, and is very gentle when treating you. I appreciate her very much, and thank God for her! We are all very fortunate to have her practice here in our area of Oconomowoc. Her staff are all kind and caring too! Sincerely, Dianne B.
Oconomowoc, WI |
friendly staff. On time, professional and concerned.
Watertown, WI |
Dr Garvey is thorough & considerate. She is approachable & a good listener. I do recommend her to family and friends.
in Oconomowoc, WI |
Dr Garvey is a very caring dermatologist.
Dr Garvey takes the time to listen and determine the best course of treatment . Her passion is fantastic. On the other side when follow up is needed via phone , the staff does not follow through
Janesville, WI |
Dr. Garvey from the start gives one the feeling of confidence in her ability to treat you. Friendly, knowledgeable, and yet direct to assess your problem. I am looking forward to seeing Dr. Garvey again to learn how well the regimen of treatment has helped with my problem.
in Oconomowoc, WI |
Dr. Garvey was great when I went to her office to discuss my skin health and order refills on my medications. She actually remembered me from several years past, and it is wonderful to have her back living and working in Oconomowoc. I was able to see her in a couple of weeks compared to scheduling an appointment one year in advance. She is definitely worth seeing if you live in the area and you don't want to wait so long to see a Dermatologist. Welcome back Dr. Garvey! Live long and prosper!
in Oconomowoc, WI |
I was very pleased with my first visit office with Dr. Garvey. She was very thorough and explained things that I had concerns about very clearly. I definitely will see her again when I have dermatological needs. It was very easy to get an appointment and the office staff was accommodating and friendly.
Pewaukee, WI |
Friendly, caring and helpful visit!
Beaver Dam, WI |
After many years of searching for something to help my rosacea, Dr. Garvey resolved it for me in one visit. Two other dermatologists diagnosed, then prescribed a topical creme which did not work at all. Each time I was stuck with an expensive tube that was useless. Dr. Garvey listened, examined and then offered small samples of 3 different options for me to try for a few weeks each. I was happy to find that one worked very well to control breakouts.
in Oconomowoc, WI |
Dr. Garvey was very thorough and took care of concerns that I had.
Have you seen Dr. Kathleen Garvey, MD?

Visit Dr. Garvey

Dr. Garvey accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.