Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Katherine Kamholz, MD
Dr. Katherine Kamholz, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Barrington, IL. She is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Kamholz is affiliated with Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital.

509 W Old Northwest Hwy Ste 100C

Barrington, IL 60010

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Kamholz

Dr. Kamholz's Experience

Dr. Kamholz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Cholesterol Diseases
  • Sore Throat
  • Throat Disorders
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

• In-Office Skin Procedure
  • Lab Service
  • Physical Examination
  • Soft Tissue Injections

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Northwestern Meml Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Northwestern Meml Hospital McGaw Mc
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Kamholz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kamholz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kamholz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kamholz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kamholz to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Kamholz's Performance
Hoffman Estates, IL |
I have been going to Dr Kamholtz for over 10 years and have always been very happy. They always find time to get me in when I am sick or have an issue. I find Dr Kamholtz to be very reasonable in her care and what she recommends. She is very personable and remembers what was going on in my life from the last visit. I find her staff to be helpful and willing to have the dr call me if needed to discuss test results or treatments. I have recommended Dr Kamholz to many other family & friends.
Barrington, IL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Kamholz for 12 years. She is kind, thorough, funny, and always willing to take the time to listen and explain a condition/procedure. Her physician's assistant, Kathy Bliler, is also great. One of them is usually available to see me within a day or two of my call if a matter is urgent. I also enjoy the other staff. The receptionist may seem a bit curt to some, but once you get to know her, she is a sweetheart and very efficient. Highly recommend this practice!
in Barrington, IL |
Ten years ago, this practice was recommended to my family by my favorite surgeon at Good Shepherd Hospital after I was unhappy with the attitude of my G.P. at the time. Dr. Kamholz is thorough, knowledgable, very helpful and takes time to explain things. We would highly recommend her. We've always felt welcome and have been accommodated on short notice when necessary.
Cary, IL |
Have seen Dr. Kamholz for about 15 years. Although she has always been friendly and kind, her absolute refusal to make a personal phone call, even to give test results requiring further evaluation, are no longer acceptable to me. This task is always handed off to a staff person who is often times unqualified to answer any questions. Office visits are required for every kind of communication. Her receptionist is rude, snarky and unprofessional.
in Cary, IL |
Not sure about the other reviews but I can only speak for myself and my family. There is not a better doctor in Chicago, maybe IL then Dr. Kamholz. You don't get the kind of care she and her staff provide anymore. Caring, efficient, takes her time to not only provide medical care, but she gets to know you as a person. We have been her customers/patient's for 15 years, thus I write this review with a great deal of history in my words. Great Doctor!
Arlington Heights, IL |
My husband and I have been going to this doctor for years because she always takes whatever time is needed, always listens , and sincerely cares how you are doing. I do not find the receptionist to be rude but instead efficient and knowledgable.
in Barrington, IL |
As other reviewers have said, rude and unhelpful receptionist. Limited insurance plans accepted. Require an appointment to get an order for routine test and then another appointment to get test results even if the results are negative. Overall feeling is that this practice is about the money. Kamholz does not remember you from one appointment to another and is even confused about which tests she has ordered. The staff is equally incompetent and will argue with you even when you are right.
in Barrington, IL |
Terribly rude arrogant receptionist. Not helpful at all!!! Going to switch my family all thanks to her!!!
Have you seen Dr. Katherine Kamholz, MD?
Are you Dr. Kamholz?