Neurology  |
Dr. Katherine Bencze, MD
It is most important to me to provide excellent care for my patients. My practice deals with general neurology with special interest in headaches, movement disorders, strokes, seizures and etc. I am a compassionate physician who takes pride of my work.

13601 Bruce B Downs Blvd Ste 261

Tampa, FL 33613

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Bencze

Dr. Bencze's Experience

Dr. Bencze's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Lambert-Eaton Syndrome
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• Tulane University Sch Med
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Tulane University Of Louisiana
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Bencze has no media or publications listed.

• Hungarian

Dr. Bencze does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bencze and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bencze's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bencze to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Bencze's Performance
Lakeland, FL |
She is the absolute best neurologist I have ever had. She is very thorough and caring. I have never been in the waiting room for more that 25 (usually 10) minutes and she spends a lot of time with me. She has called me at least twice to discuss my test results! How many drs do that anymore?? Her staff is very kind and professional too. If you're looking for a great dr who cares, I cannot recommend her enough!
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Bencze is a compassionate physician and truly interested in helping patients. She takes the time to listen to concerns of her patients and then formulates a treatment plan best suited for that patient. During my last office visit, I asked a few questions and was so pleased that Dr. Bencze took the time to review some reference materials and suggested the best course of action. Her staff is always very helpful and kind. I would highly recommend Dr. Bencze, a truly preeminent neurologist.
in Tampa, Florida |
She provides me with all the information about new medicine for my condition and keeps up on all the latest research also.
Winter Haven, FL |
Dr. Bencze is a focused practitioner. She goes over: current medications, symptoms, prognosis, and treatment plan. The doctor is personable, and has even called me after hours to access and advise. Amazing, these days. I trust her to provide the best of care.
Tampa, FL |
I love the fact that she takes the time to talk to you but more importantly to LISTEN to you. To try different things to see what works before for you and what does not. She is good at following up and keeping track of your progress as well.
Tampa, FL |
Made an appointment about 2 months ago. I didn't have my insurance card in front of me so I was told just to call back in with the information. I saw the appointment on my calendar and called to give them my information and was told they couldn't find my appointment because they don't hold appointments without insurance information, offered me an appointment with another 7 week wait. No attempt was made to find a closer appointment time.
in tampa, fl |
I taken my Father to Dr. Bencze for several years. My Father has severe Dementia. Dr. Bencze has been so helpful in assisting with the quality of life that Father enjoys today. Dr. Bencze is a true professional with an excellent and caring approach to patient care. I truly recommend her and am thankful that we were referred to her.
in Brandon, FL |
I have never had such a wonderful experience with a doctor before having met Dr. Bencze. She is caring, understanding, compassionate and has the willingness to listen to me. The staff is wonderful as well and the office is one that has a feel of home and acceptance. Having a doctor who is both professional AND caring in these days of quick fix and rushed doctor's office experience is like a breath of fresh air. If you are in need of a neurologist, she is the ONLY one I would recommend.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Bencze came highly recommended from my other physicians and now I know the reason why. Thorough and compassionate care gives me high level of confidence going forward.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Bencze has always been willing to listen to my needs and helps me figure the best way to treat my condition. She has told me to call her with any problems and her interest in me as a patient seems genuine. It would be nice if all doctors could take a lesson from her.
in Odessa, FL |
I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the care provided by Dr. Bencze and her staff. I have never seen a doctor that expressed such sincere interest in my well being and took the time to listen and understand my condition. I will be forever grateful for the improvement that I have experienced as a result of Dr. Bencze's expertise and professionalism. Dr. Bencze is a special gift to the medical field and her patients. I am blessed to have her as my doctor. #5starsisnotenough
in Tampa, FL |
I've been seeing Dr. Bencze annually for the past 7 years to manage a condition. She is patient, thorough and personable. What I really like is that her evaluations and recommendations go beyond her own exams and tests and that she equally factors in tests and findings from my other physicians. An "old fashioned" doctor who carefully hand writes her own notes! Her staff members are not friendly or warm at all; they're all rote minimal business.
in Tampa, FL |
I am a Physician myself.When I had traumatic brain injury I underwent Neurosurgical Procedure and after Surgery was considered a challange patient who would need best Neurology Care as I suffered every imaginable Neurology complication . I would label myself as Post-everything Neurology Patient looking help . I was looking for a good Neurology Are Us sort of Physician and Dr.Bencze took that challange and today it is her hard effort that I am fine and stand tall.Go for her Clinic.
in Tampa Fl |
Dr Bencze is very professional very personable. I am a new patient and I was very impressed on how much time she took with me. I did not feel rushed or intimidated.1st time I actually felt like a patient and found a Dr who is really concerned about my health. THANK YOU
in tampa , fl |
Very bad staff , they canceled my appointment twice and then they refuse to re schedule again even the both time they canceled my appointment they did it by them selfs . Not satisfied at all.
in Lutz, FL |
I had to go out of town on family business a week before my appointment. I returned two days before the appointment to find out that my appointment was cancelled because I didn't call the office to confirm. They only tried to reach me on my home phone, never cell or email, and because I was out of town, of course I didn't get the message. Now I am missing a day of work with no appointment and will need to reschedule when the next available appointment is a month away. Horrible.
in Gibsonton, FL |
Six months ago I was hit with a severe problem and needed to see a neurologist. Thank goodness my primary doctor referred me to Dr. Bencze. What a blessing. She wasted no time trying to get to the root of the problem. On my very first visit she performed tests, sent me for testing outside of her office that day, and was on the phone setting up consults with other physicians. She is very thorough, compassionate and will answer questions in a way that you can understand. Awesome Dr & Staff!!!
Tampa, FL |
Dr Bencze always spends time with me and never makes me feel rushed. She seems genuinely concerned for my problem and me as a person. She's very knowledgeable on many subjects but not afraid to recommend someone else when she doesn't know the answer. All around great doctor.
in Dunedin, FL |
Dr Bencze is wonderful! She takes all of the time needed to make a total and complete diagnosis. My daughter loves her and due to Dr Bencze help and diagnosis, her migraines have been vastly reduced. Dr Bencze really listens to her patients and hears not only what they say but what is left unsaid. She connects, a wonderful and unfortunately hard to find quality in many doctors today. We were so lucky to have found her!!
in Tampa, FL |
Dr Bencze is extremely knowledgable about her profession, and her bedside manner is wonderful! I am a healthcare professional myself, so I have been around hundreds of doctors over the years, and I know what constitutes a good one, a bad one, and a great one. Dr Bencze is one of the greats.
in Brandon, FL |
I am a stroke patient and retired nurse. I came to Dr. Bencze upon the advise of my primary doctor. While under her care, I was not in control of my emotions, Crying etc., all the time. Dr. Bencze listened intently, asked me several questions, and made the diagnosis of depression. Prescribed a mild med and opened a whole new world! I was my old self again. My family and I thank her, She is wonderful and her helpful friendly staff is too. Made my recovery easier. I highly recommend her.
I had been suffering for months and was hopeful that she would be able to help me with my Neurlogical needs. To my disappointment she was absolutely NO help at all. For her to be an expert in her specialty, she offered no direction and did not seem to be interested in working towards a diagnosis.I honestly felt like she didn't care and to add to everything she was very rude to me! I certainly would not recommend her!
in New Port Richey, FL |
She is a wonderful doctor. Very experienced and knowledgeable. She help me in 2-3 visits, compared to my former Clearwater neurologist which I had gone to for years. She was very through and took a lot of time with me. I would definitely recommend her to family & friends.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Bencze is thorough, she listens to you, she takes whatever tim? is needed. She has treated my husband and myself. A true gem!
in Land O Lakes, FL |
She wass most thorough and took the time needed to make an informed diagnosis. She was very professional but with a sense of humor. It was a pleasant experience.
in Land O Lakes, FL |
Actually takes time and listens to your problems and is very sympathetic.
Have you seen Dr. Katherine Bencze, MD?
Are you Dr. Bencze?

Blue Care HMO
    Group Plan PPO
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida
    Employer Group Open Access HMO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio