Dr. Katerina Kurteeva, MD

Dr. Katerina Kurteeva, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Katerina Kurteeva, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Newport Beach, CA. She is 39 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Read her story

400 Newport Center Dr Ste 404

Newport Beach, CA 92660

Learn about Dr. Kurteeva

See how frequently Dr. Kurteeva performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Herpetic Keratitis
Corneal Ulcer
Migraine

Dr. Kurteeva's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Kurteeva's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kurteeva "As a Board Certified Ophthalmologist for over a decade Dr. Kurteeva has been serving patients of Orange County, CA. With continuous technological advances in cataract surgery and LASIK Dr. Kurteeva delivers the latest to her patients. She has been a Diplomate of the American Academy of Ophthalmology since 2003 and a member of Orange County Medical Association. With several mission trips around the world, Dr. Kurteeva enjoys improving vision locally and globally and sees her life mission to improve quality of life through better eyesight."

This content was provided by Dr. Kurteeva "Care and attention to our patients is our first priority. We strive for excellence in every step of the way from the moment you choose our office. Our goal is to recognize visual and aesthetic needs of our patients and deliver results in the kindest manner possible. We treat everyone with promptness and personalized approach that makes our patients our extended family."

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • LASIK
  • Laser Cataract Surgery
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Sutureless Cataract Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • Henry Ford Hlth System
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Henry Ford Hlth System
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Kurteeva has no media or publications listed.

• Portuguese
  • Russian

Dr. Kurteeva does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kurteeva and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kurteeva's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kurteeva to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Kurteeva's Performance
in Newport Beach, CA |
Today I was evaluated by Dr. Kurteeva after a referral from HOAG Emergency Room. I was seen within 5 minutes of finishing my paperwork. Immediately I felt at ease and comfortable with her disposition. She took the time to get to know my medical history even though she is an eye doctor. After a thorough exam my eye drops have been adjusted and I recovered nicely from my infection. She genuinely cares for her patients with diligence and attention rarely seen. Thank you!
in Costa Mesa, CA |
I have seen Dr. Kurteeva for several minor issues. She has been extremely professional every time and has treated my very small concerns with the greatest of care. She is extremely thorough even when the issue seems routine and she ALWAYS FOLLOWS UP. I have seem many types of physicians over the years and it seems that all of them are overworked, quick to draw conclusions with little information and overall pretty jaded. Dr. Kurteeva embodies the characteristics of which all doctors should have.
in Orange, CA |
Dr. Kurteeva is an intelligent, compassionate, and caring person which makes her an excellent doctor! I’ve been Dr. Kurteeva’s patient for several years now. Her soft-toned voice and carrying attitude create a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere during the visits. Dr. Kurteeva always answers all of my questions in detail but without going on to mumble for hours. She is also absolutely great with kids! Every time I visit her office, it is nothing but a wonderful and positive experience!!!
in New Port Beach, CA |
I saw Dr. Kurteeva for the second time for a stye that continued to grow despite the treatment prescribed by my optometrist. I tried drops and cream but the stye became bigger. Dr. Kurteeva discussed different ways to treat the stye; since I was tired of dealing with it, I opted for in office procedure. I didn't know what to expect. At first, I was nervous, but when she said that everything was over, I could not believe it. It took just a few minutes, and I was able to drive myself home. It took
in Costa Mesa, California |
Dr. Kurteeva did my cataract surgery five years ago and I couldn't be happier. I continue to refer all my friends who need surgery to her. I have great confidence in her skills. I was touched by her professional manner and kind heart. I truly enjoy my "new" vision and love the colors around me. The only complaint I have that I can see all the wrinkles on my face now! I recommend Dr. Kurteeva to my friends and family. Susan
in Newport Beach |
I was seen by Dr. Kurteeva at HOAG Emergency room after I was misdiagnosed initially with an eye infection at the previous Emergency room visit. Thankfully. Dr. Kurteeva was on call and came in to examine me right away. She spent a good amount of time listening to my story of multiple visits to doctors and the drops I used that did not help me. Within a few minutes of examining me, she made the right diagnosis and reassured me I should get better shortly with proper treatment I felt much better.
in Santa Ana, CA |
Thank you very much for quick and accurate diagnosis. I was able to get back to work shortly after procedure. Thank you Dr. Kurteeva
in Santa Ana, CA |
I came with a foreign object in my eye...it was very painful and I could not get it out myself....Dr. Kurteeva was able to extract the object...she gave me some antibiotics...I was very happy with the treatment and speed at which she accomplished this.
in Santa Ana, CA |
Last year I saw Dr. Kurteeva for a small black spot on my eyelid that has been growing and bothering me. We had a family photo shoot scheduled for the holidays cards and I wanted to get rid of this growth before the pictures were taken. Dr. Kurteeva saw me quickly and recognized that the spot was not dangerous. I was relieved to learn it was not cancerous. I was happy to hear that she could remove it quickly in the office. Thank you very much. I felt confident with you.
in California |
Best experience ever!
Have you seen Dr. Katerina Kurteeva, MD?
Are you Dr. Kurteeva?