Dr. Katayun Irani, MD

Dr. Katayun Irani, MD

Bariatric Surgery  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Katayun Irani, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Golden, CO and has been practicing for 8 years. She graduated from University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in 2002 and specializes in bariatric surgery, general surgery, and more.Read her story

400 Indiana St Ste 200

Golden, CO 80401

• American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
  • First Choice Health
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Irani

See how frequently Dr. Irani performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Esophageal Surgery
Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)

Dr. Irani's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Irani's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Irani "Dr. Katy Irani is a bariatric surgeon who moved to Colorado in May of 2015. During her general surgery training at New York University in New York City, she completed additional research training at Harvard University in Boston, MA. Dr. Irani started a bariatric program at Willamette Valley Medical Center after which she moved to Asheville, NC where she practiced for several years, helping build the program. During her time there, she was appointed Assistant Professor to University of North Carolina Medical School where she educated medical students in the field of general and bariatric surgery. Dr. Irani is very passionate about bariatric surgery. The transformation in her patients lives, which she feels privileged to be part of, is what drove her to her specialty. She focuses on a patient centered approach and prides herself in making patients' and families feel comfortable. Dr. Irani helps educate and support patients and their families throughout their journey, including the preparation period, the operative period, and the follow up, for the rest of their lives."

This content was provided by Dr. Irani "I'm passionate about taking care of patients and helping them with their weight loss journey.  I pride myself in being open and accessible to my patients for the rest of their lives"

• Bariatric Surgery
  • General Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Robotic Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
  • Good Samaritan Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Harvard University Massachusetts General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Irani has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Irani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Irani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Irani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Irani to family and friends

Dr. Irani's Performance

Alas, I have known a great many doctors but i have never known a doctor HALF as caring, committed and competent as Dr. Irani. Not even close. I had a large and unpleasant surgery with her (nissen fundoplication) that has taken a lot out of me but you know what my only complaint is? I can't make her...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I had the gastric sleeve done please don't do it.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Hi, I'm not sure who this is, but please contact my office if you are struggling. We are always available to help you. I hope you do reach out to us and let us know how you are struggling.

Dr. Irani is very kind and patient. I feel like I'm in good hands and trust her expertise.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Irani is the most patient and understanding doctor I've ever worked with. She explained all of my surgery options very clearly and helped me make the right choice for myself and my lifestyle. Her bedside manner is incredible and my sleeve surgery has been incredibly successful. I can't say...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Irani is awesome! I was told by another surgeon that I would not be successful. Dr Irani did not do this. I lost 25 lbs before surgery. Surgery was on june 21 2016 and since then I have lost another 85 lbs. She is a one of a kind Doctor who really cares about her patients. She inspires...more