Dr. Kashif Alvi, MD

6750 E Baywood Ave # 507

Mesa, AZ 85206

• American Enterprise Group
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • PHP-Physicians Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Alvi

Dr. Alvi's Experience

Dr. Alvi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Urology

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Infection, Chronic
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

• Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Orchiectomy
  • Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Penile Implants
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Total Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vasectomy
  • Wound Repair
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• King Edward Medical University
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Brigham & Women's Hosp-Harvard Med Sch
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Massachusetts Genl Hosp/Harvard Med Sch
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Yale University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Alvi has no media or publications listed.

• Punjabi

Dr. Alvi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alvi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Alvi's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alvi to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Alvi's Performance
in Tempe, AZ |
If you are looking for a very professional and knowledgeable doctor in Urology this is your doctor. He is a perfectionist and he know his job very well; he is very knowledgeable and understanding and he know how to address your needs. I would highly recommend him for any urological problems you may have that need to be addressed. He has no problem getting to the root, cause of any issues you may be having. He is very thorough and efficient.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Update to my review. I am 7 weeks out of my implant surgery. Last week Dr Alvi activated the implant. From that day on and all this week I haven't worn a Depends or pad at all! What a great feeling to wear my underwater! Dr Alvi really changed my life. Be careful what urologist you go to. This other urologist sure messed me up. Thank God for Dr Alvi! Dr Alvi and his staff are beyond excellent!
in Mesa, AZ |
I am a part time resident of the area and had to seek care from an urologist. I was given Dr Alvi's name and I have been so pleased with the excellent care I have received. He and his entire staff make you feel very comfortable. They talk to you like you are friends. You can ask any questions and they always answer you honestly but in a relaxed and caring way. Dr Alvi respects your time and works to your schedule when possible. I plan to continue my care with him even when it means traveling.
in Mesa, AZ |
Doctor Alvi is very compassionate when it comes to taking care of patients. I recommend taking your loved ones to see him. My adult son absolutely love Dr. Alvi The ladies in the office are absolutely amazing!!
in San tan valley |
I love Dr. Alvi. I had an emergency situation with kidney stones at another hospital and was transported to Banner Baywood where Dr. Alvi literally saved my live! He was kind and compassionate. He performed surgery a week later and again so caring and carefull that I understood everything he was going to do. I have seen other urologists that made me feel confused and non important. Dr. Alvi is the best. Yes sometimes I have to wait in the waiting room for my appointment, but he's worth the wait.
in Mesa, AZ |
I found myself in the Emergency Room of Banner Baywood due to blood clots in my urine. After flushing out my bladder I was discharged and I was told to follow up with an Urologist. I asked "who was a good urologist to see?" Dr. Kashif Alvi, MD was recommended. I set an appointment and saw him. Green Light Laser surgery was the best option. I had my surgery on February 20, 2017. I have not had a problem at all. I have referred Dr. Kashif Alvi to family and friends. He is the best urologist!
Glendale, AZ |
Dr. Alvi is a very competent urologist. I had Greenlight laser surgery in May of 2017. Everything went smoothly, but wish their office would provide written instructions on what to expect after the procedure. Don't believe everything you read on line and in brochures. The greenlight brochure is overly optimistic on recovery time and how long to have catheter after surgery. Dr. Alvi recommends catheter for at least three days after surgery. I am 71 years old and in good physical condition.
in Mesa, Z |
My PSA results were very high and referred to Dr. Alvi. He ensured prostrate was not cancerous and explained all options. I had Green Light laser surgery done. 2 years later, PSA test are showing a constant level. Within a week after the procedure, I was back to normal. Also like to note that Dr. Alvi's assistant was extremely pleasant throughout all my visits.
Newark, NJ |
I had prostate surgery in December 2016, Green Light Laser. After four months I am happy with the results.
in miami, az |
Dr.Kashif removed a tumor from my scrotum and everything went very well. He also used a new prostate procedure with steam that has improved my urine stream ,and now I only get up at night once instead of three times to urinate
Gilbert |
If waiting for 2 hours past your scheduled appt time for a bedside manner that includes insulting what he assumed to be what he labeled as "just a caregiver" for an 88 year old Patient, general incompetence in office staff, and an unclean waiting area and patients rooms is what you are looking for then this is your subpar Urologist! The kind of behavior and lack of empathy not just from Dr. Alvi but his staff was simply unacceptable.
in Mesa, AZ |
dr alvi and his staff are incredible my cancer surgery was flawless my aftercare speaks for itself dr alvi made me cancer free respectfull staff and best care ever their simply isnt a better doctor then alvi hes hands down the best i thank him for the gift of life
in Mesa, AZ |
my quality of life has definitely improved with his treatment.
in Queen Creek ,Az 85142 |
We brought My 83year old father-in-law to Dr Alvi after he visited us in Arizona only to have his enlarged prostate totally close his uretha. Dr Alvi introduced us to resume' and explained the benefits my father in law was scheduled right away.As I sat there I knew I too had a slow urine stream and I said to my self if resume' works for him then I will have it done. At 83 years he has full night sleeps, It is 1 month since my resume' I have a descent urine stream looking forward to next 3 months
in Gilbert, AZ |
I had a Cyctoscopy to help with my frequent UTI's and leakage from Dr. Alvi. It has been over 4 months and have to say that I have not had a UTI. Also, I can sneeze and cough without worry. I would certainly recommend this procedure to anyone who has these problems.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Terrible practice! The provider spent 3 minutes with me and just gave me a prescription which didn't work. I tried calling several times to let them know I was still in pain and no response. I ended up going to another doctor who fixed me up.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Prostate laser surgery. I can sleep through the night without having to get up to go to the bathroom. This think really works. Dr Alvi is fantastic.
in Florence, AZ |
he was very professional.exlplaned what he was going todo in the operation. I was very pleased with his services.
in Apache junction az |
I had a problem with urination and my primary doctor could not find the problem.I went to dr alvi and he found a bladder stone that was causing the problem.He also found a cancerous tumor on a kidney.He was able to remove both in a single operation and solve my problem.I highly recommend dr alvi for all urology concerns
in Mesa, AZ |
Had enlarged prostate. Dr Alvi used a new procedure that uses water vapor to enlarge the uretheter instead of surgery or clamps. I am completely satisfied with the results. I was one of his first ten patients to get this procedure. His expertise and understanding of my problems such as the urgency of urination, getting up 4 times at night and leakages was greatly appreciated. His bedside manner is impeccable and I would highly recommend Dr. Alvi and this procedure to anyone who is having urinary
in Mesa, AZ |
After multiple trips to the ER, it was determined that my bladder was excessively large. Referred to Dr. Alvi was the best thing to happen. He diagnosed that I had BPH (slightly enlarged prostate), and provided options for treatment. I selected a UROLIFT procedure which was done in his office under localized pain medication, I walked out of the office, and a month later, there is vast improvement with no down time after the UROLIFT.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr Alvi is a lifesaver! In the span of only 1 month, I had my initial visit, a prostate biopsy (with the diagnosis of cancer present) and robotic prostate removal. His knowledge, confidence and calming presence in such a difficult and life-changing situation was so reassuring. From his pre-op visit to consulting with my wife after the surgery to visiting me in the hospital the following day, we felt in good hands and not abandoned to the scary world of illness. I could not be more grateful.
in Maricopa, Az |
Easy to get an appt. Dr Alvi is very knowledgeable, friendly and listen to my problem, kidney stones. Within two days my stores were gone, and the day after the procedure i was riding my motorcycle again.
in Mesa, AZ |
My husband is still undergoing treatment for kidney stones with Dr. Alvi. So far, we like him very much.
in Mesa, AZ |
Do not go to this doctor if you are a woman! He was condescending and wasn't interested in anything I had to say. He charged me for procedures he didn't perform-I am a medicare patient. The worst part is that he did not diagnose my bladder cancer while it was still in an early stage-he would have found this had he actually performed the cystoscopy that I was billed for. Now I have stage IV metastatic bladder cancer. He should be ashamed to call himself a doctor.
in mesa, az |
excellent treatment.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I have suffered from a kidney stone issue (MSK) first discovered in 2001. Many doctors and surgeries later, Dr Alvi was the first to diagnose my condition accurately. He has also found treatment for this lifelong condition with the result that I have been infection free for 2 years with no significant stones which require surgery. Regular check ups have ensured that nothing gets ahead of us.
in hidden valley,az |
The easiest procedure I've ever had in m life and I've had many. No pain at all after surgery. The best part is that it worked, I have no more symptoms.
in MESA, AZ |
I HAD A PROCEDURE ABOUT 1 MONTH AGO; EVERYTHING IS GOING ALONG AS EXPCECTED. I ONLY HAVE TO WAKE UP ONCE A NIGHT AND BEFORE IT WAS 3-4.
in Mesa AZ |
He was very professional. He explains what he is doing. His office and nurses were also very professional I would recommend him to anyone.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Alvi performed robotic radical prostatectomy surgeryon me in July of 2014 because of malignant tumors on my prostate. He has a fantastic surgical crew that think the World of him. When I woke up in Recovery, Dr. Alvi was sitting at the Nurse's Station. He been waiting more than an hour and a half for me to come out of the anesthesia. The surgery was a success and two years later, I am still .....cancer free. Dr. Alvi saved my Life.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Met to discuss options for prostate. He explained the green light laser and recommended that. I came back days later to discuss and he described Urolift and thought we should do that. The procedure was done in the office and was very uncomfortable. I peed afterward and was told to go on about my day and everything would be fine. No info about post surgery was given. 6 hours later Iwas in the ER in excruciating pain, and was there for 6 days 4 pain & blood filled. I seemed to be an inconvenience
in Mesa, AZ |
I've been a patient of Dr. Alvi for nearly four years, ever since I was diagnosed with bladder cancer. I love this man -- not only is he extremely competent and committed to his profession, he is also one of those rare doctors who listens to his patients rather than rushing them out the door. I've read the negative comments posted here; they do not describe the Dr. Alvi I know. Yes, he's always behind schedule. Big deal, bring a book. It's worth the wait. Just my 2 cents.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Alvi Rocks ... a courteous guy and really good Dr. ... I had a greenlight surgery done 30 days ago and everything works great ! Now Monday he gets to blast a kidney stone for me ... I trust the guy and that's what matters most ... :)
in Phoenix, AZ |
I'm a PA in OB/GYN and I had my husband see Dr. Alvi for a varicocele consult that was causing a decreased sperm motility and infertility. Dr. Alvi did microsurgery to correct it and 3 months later my husband had a perfectly normal semen analysis and we are pregnant finally! He was incredibly compassionate and had great bedside manner even before he found out I was a PA. His office appointments tend to run behind, but that's just how some days go. I don't hesitate sending patients to him!
in San Tan Valley AZ |
DO NOT GO TO DR. ALVI especially if your a woman. Right at the start of first appointment he was rude insulting saying I don't know what I'm talking about. He will yell at you if you ruffle his feathers. Had a procedure done by him and he hurt me inserting instrument. If he had used caution the pain may not have happened. He does not talk or explain anything about what he thinks may be your problem or talk to you while doing anything to you. I CAN NOT Recommend DR. K. ALVI TO ANY FEMALE OR MALE
Have you seen Dr. Kashif Alvi, MD?
Are you Dr. Alvi?

Visit Dr. Alvi

Dr. Alvi accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • American Enterprise Group
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • PHP-Physicians Health Plan