Dr. Kashif Alvi, MD

Urology | Male | 38 years old

Urological Surgeons of Arizona, PLC
6750 E Baywood Ave # 507
Mesa, AZ 85206 Get Directions

Dr. Alvi specializes in Urology and practices in Mesa, AZ. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Alvi? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Alvi's Experience

See how Dr. Alvi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Alvi

Dr. Alvi accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Alvi has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Alvi
Dr. Alvi's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (45)
in Florence, AZ |
he was very professional.exlplaned what he was going todo in the operation. I was very pleased with his services.
in Apache junction az |
I had a problem with urination and my primary doctor could not find the problem.I went to dr alvi and he found a bladder stone that was causing the problem.He also found a cancerous tumor on a kidney.He was able to remove both in a single operation and solve my problem.I highly recommend dr alvi for all urology concerns
in Mesa, AZ |
Had enlarged prostate. Dr Alvi used a new procedure that uses water vapor to enlarge the uretheter instead of surgery or clamps. I am completely satisfied with the results. I was one of his first ten patients to get this procedure. His expertise and understanding of my problems such as the urgency of urination, getting up 4 times at night and leakages was greatly appreciated. His bedside manner is impeccable and I would highly recommend Dr. Alvi and this procedure to anyone who is having urinary
in Mesa, AZ |
After multiple trips to the ER, it was determined that my bladder was excessively large. Referred to Dr. Alvi was the best thing to happen. He diagnosed that I had BPH (slightly enlarged prostate), and provided options for treatment. I selected a UROLIFT procedure which was done in his office under localized pain medication, I walked out of the office, and a month later, there is vast improvement with no down time after the UROLIFT.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr Alvi is a lifesaver! In the span of only 1 month, I had my initial visit, a prostate biopsy (with the diagnosis of cancer present) and robotic prostate removal. His knowledge, confidence and calming presence in such a difficult and life-changing situation was so reassuring. From his pre-op visit to consulting with my wife after the surgery to visiting me in the hospital the following day, we felt in good hands and not abandoned to the scary world of illness. I could not be more grateful.
in Maricopa, Az |
Easy to get an appt. Dr Alvi is very knowledgeable, friendly and listen to my problem, kidney stones. Within two days my stores were gone, and the day after the procedure i was riding my motorcycle again.
in Mesa, AZ |
My husband is still undergoing treatment for kidney stones with Dr. Alvi. So far, we like him very much.
in Mesa, AZ |
Do not go to this doctor if you are a woman! He was condescending and wasn't interested in anything I had to say. He charged me for procedures he didn't perform-I am a medicare patient. The worst part is that he did not diagnose my bladder cancer while it was still in an early stage-he would have found this had he actually performed the cystoscopy that I was billed for. Now I have stage IV metastatic bladder cancer. He should be ashamed to call himself a doctor.
in mesa, az |
excellent treatment.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I have suffered from a kidney stone issue (MSK) first discovered in 2001. Many doctors and surgeries later, Dr Alvi was the first to diagnose my condition accurately. He has also found treatment for this lifelong condition with the result that I have been infection free for 2 years with no significant stones which require surgery. Regular check ups have ensured that nothing gets ahead of us.
in hidden valley,az |
The easiest procedure I've ever had in m life and I've had many. No pain at all after surgery. The best part is that it worked, I have no more symptoms.
in MESA, AZ |
I HAD A PROCEDURE ABOUT 1 MONTH AGO; EVERYTHING IS GOING ALONG AS EXPCECTED. I ONLY HAVE TO WAKE UP ONCE A NIGHT AND BEFORE IT WAS 3-4.
in Mesa AZ |
He was very professional. He explains what he is doing. His office and nurses were also very professional I would recommend him to anyone.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Alvi performed robotic radical prostatectomy surgeryon me in July of 2014 because of malignant tumors on my prostate. He has a fantastic surgical crew that think the World of him. When I woke up in Recovery, Dr. Alvi was sitting at the Nurse's Station. He been waiting more than an hour and a half for me to come out of the anesthesia. The surgery was a success and two years later, I am still .....cancer free. Dr. Alvi saved my Life.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Met to discuss options for prostate. He explained the green light laser and recommended that. I came back days later to discuss and he described Urolift and thought we should do that. The procedure was done in the office and was very uncomfortable. I peed afterward and was told to go on about my day and everything would be fine. No info about post surgery was given. 6 hours later Iwas in the ER in excruciating pain, and was there for 6 days 4 pain & blood filled. I seemed to be an inconvenience
in Mesa, AZ |
I've been a patient of Dr. Alvi for nearly four years, ever since I was diagnosed with bladder cancer. I love this man -- not only is he extremely competent and committed to his profession, he is also one of those rare doctors who listens to his patients rather than rushing them out the door. I've read the negative comments posted here; they do not describe the Dr. Alvi I know. Yes, he's always behind schedule. Big deal, bring a book. It's worth the wait. Just my 2 cents.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Alvi Rocks ... a courteous guy and really good Dr. ... I had a greenlight surgery done 30 days ago and everything works great ! Now Monday he gets to blast a kidney stone for me ... I trust the guy and that's what matters most ... :)
in Phoenix, AZ |
I'm a PA in OB/GYN and I had my husband see Dr. Alvi for a varicocele consult that was causing a decreased sperm motility and infertility. Dr. Alvi did microsurgery to correct it and 3 months later my husband had a perfectly normal semen analysis and we are pregnant finally! He was incredibly compassionate and had great bedside manner even before he found out I was a PA. His office appointments tend to run behind, but that's just how some days go. I don't hesitate sending patients to him!
in San Tan Valley AZ |
DO NOT GO TO DR. ALVI especially if your a woman. Right at the start of first appointment he was rude insulting saying I don't know what I'm talking about. He will yell at you if you ruffle his feathers. Had a procedure done by him and he hurt me inserting instrument. If he had used caution the pain may not have happened. He does not talk or explain anything about what he thinks may be your problem or talk to you while doing anything to you. I CAN NOT Recommend DR. K. ALVI TO ANY FEMALE OR MALE
Have you seen Dr. Kashif Alvi, MD?
Are you Dr. Alvi?

Compare Dr. Alvi

More Urology Specialists like Dr. Alvi at Urological Surgeons of Arizona, PLC

Dr. Alvi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
  •  Board certified in Urology
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Alvi has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Alvi's Board Certifications

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Infection, Chronic
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

Massachusetts Genl Hosp/Harvard Med Sch

Completed in 2010

Yale University

• Punjabi

Dr. Alvi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alvi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology

• Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Orchiectomy
  • Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Penile Implants
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Total Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry