Anesthesiology  |
Dr. Karl Zarse, MD
I specialize in minimally invasive therapies for painful spinal conditions. My background in different from other pain physicians in a variety of ways. I started my career in Orthopedics, which gave me significant surgical skills and the ability to read my patients MRI and X-rays without relying solely on a radiology report. I have been an instructor teaching the Kyphoplasty procedure for compression fractures to area doctors and fellows. And I am certified by the American Board of Interventional Pain Physicians, the most stringent certification process available in interventional pain management. My goal is for my patients is to have a full understanding of their condition and what treatments are available. Together we will incorporate a plan that may include interventions, physical therapy, and medical management. I strive to maximize your function without resorting to extensive and often debilitating surgery. However, my background allows me to quickly identify what conditions are surgical, and I will make that case if those unique circumstances arise. I have been devoted to health and fitness my entire life. I love to workout in the gym and vacation in the mountains. In addition to resistance training I incorporate Pilates, Yoga, and the Bar method as ways to stay active and pain free for years to come. I regularly encourage my patients to do the same and provide a variety of educational resources to encourage their involvement in these activities.

Idaho Pain and Spine

6140 W Curtisian Ave Ste 400

Boise, ID 83704

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Premera Blue Cross

Learn about Dr. Zarse

Dr. Zarse's Experience

Dr. Zarse's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Anesthesiology

• Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Stellate Ganglion Block
  • Thoracic Epidural Steroid Injection

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

• University Of Wisconsin / Madison
  • Baylor University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Certified By The American Board Of Interventional Pain Physicians
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Zarse has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Zarse does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zarse and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zarse's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zarse to family and friends
Dr. Zarse's Performance
Boise, ID |
Dr. Zarse is friendly, knowledgeable and completely resolved my issue. 5 stars all-the-way!
Midvale, UT |
Dr Zarse was very professional and was able to get me the pain relief needed. Thank you!
in New Braunfels, TX |
Direct and responsive to physical complaint. After receiving treatment elsewhere for over a month, a one time back injection for severe sciatica resolved my symptoms in three days. Dr. Zarse is pleasant and no nonsense. He is knowledgeable and patient and put me completely at ease. I would definitely refer family and friends!
in New Braunfels, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Zarse. He was able to greatly reduce my post-surgery pain and got me back on my marathon training regimen in only one visit with a combination of physical therapy recommendations and pain management medication. His knowledge and friendly, caring demeanor has made him my go to Dr.
in New Braunfels, TX |
I was seen quickly and given exact steps as to a plan of treatment. Dr. Zarse is very knowledge and professional. I would definitely recommend him to other patients needing pain management services. It can be hard to find good doctors these days and I can happily say he tops my list of great doctors.
in New Braunfels, TX |
When I came to Dr. Zarse, my whole right side of my neck, shoulder and arm was in disabling pain. The pain completely distorted my demeanor and caused havoc with my emotions. Dr. Zarse looked at my medical history and knew right away what treatment I needed. There was no guessing on his part. He gave me a series of shots in my neck over a month's period. His expertise has restored my whole right side where I am mobile again with no pain at all. Thank you very much Dr. Zarse.
in SEGUIN,tx |
Dr Zarse was very friendly and polite i would highly recommend him very nice guy
in New Braunfels, TX |
Having had pain for years in my feet and legs caused by pinched spinal nerves, and having tried several things, both medical and otherwise, I am pleased to tell you that Dr. Zarse was able to eliminate that pain altogether. He and his staff are great, and I was taken care of by them during every visit. Highly recommend him and his office.
in New Braunfels, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Zarse when I was in unbearable pain. The office was quick to get me in and Dr. Zarse took time to visit with me before making a recommendation for my treatment. I felt relief after the first injection. Dr. Zarse seems genuinely concerned for my well-being. Everyone in the office was friendly and helpful. I was especially impressed with Toni.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Zarse was a Godsend to me as I suffered with intense pain for so long and no doctor was able to address it. Dr. Zarse listened to my complaint, quickly diagnosed the cause and planned the treatment. The treatment was spot on in addressing the pain giving me relief for the first time. His care was compassionate, professional, and relieving. I strongly recommend dr. Zarse!
in Seguin, TX |
Dr.Zarse has always been very attentive about my pain relief. With chronic back pain I have always appreciated his goals of no back pain. He has shown an acute sense of remedial functions that will achieve almost no pain for me. He has a great bedside manner and is a very hard worker at achieving a zero pain level. He also was able to control my knee replacement pain after it went bad. You can depend on his techniques of diagnoses and remedial actions. He has always reduced my pain.
in New Braunfels, TX |
I've had two previous back surgeries, and after multiple doctors thru the years, I can honestly say that Dr. Zarse's demeanor is unlike any of the doctors I've seen in the last six years. He listens, appears sincere, and remains committed to being proactive to help his patients. He was recommended to me by a well known and respected doctor in town, and I understand why!
in New Braunfels, TX |
Had severe lower Back PAIN FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND AFTER SEVERAL VISITS TO DR. KARL ZARSE HE NNOW HAS MY BACK PAIN DOWN TO A MANAGEABLE LEVAL IN WHICH I CAN LEAD A NORMAL LIFE. IF YOU HAVE BACK PAIN DR. ZARSE IS THE DR. TO SEE.
in La Vernia, TX |
Dr. Zarse has been my Pain Management Doctor for almost three years. I followed Doctor Zarse when he moved to a different pain management service. Doctor Zarse treats you like you are a friend and not just your doctor. I trust his care of me without question. doctor
in Seguin, TX |
I have only positive things to say about my experience with Dr. Zarse. He knows what he is doing, is very efficient and obviously has compassion for his patients. He made my pain go away! He's a great doctor!
in Seguin |
He and his office staff were professional, clean and made me feel safe during procedures.
Have you seen Dr. Karl Zarse, MD?
Are you Dr. Zarse?