Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Karl Spector, MD
Dr. Karl Spector, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Bel Air, MD. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Spector is affiliated with UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center.

602 S Atwood Rd Ste 200

Bel Air, MD 21014

Dr. Karl Spector, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Spector

I am a solo Internist who simply puts my family members in the place of my patients. This allows me a very easy decision-making process: I just think, "what would I do if my mother/father/sister/brother or child was sitting in the place of you, 'the patient?' " What would I do in terms of tests, the specialists I choose to refer to, surgeries, medications, etc? It truly doesn't have to be any more complicated than that!

Dr. Spector's Experience

Dr. Spector's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

• Substance Abuse

• Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Physical Examination
  • Urinalysis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

1 Sanction
  • Allowing an unlicensed individual to practice (7/25/2014)
    Action Taken: Consent Order
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Maryland
1 Board Action
  • Allowing an unlicensed individual to practice (9/26/2014)
    Action Taken: Release from Prior Order
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Maryland

• Franklin Square Hospital Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Franklin Square Hospital Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Spector has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Spector has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Spector does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Spector and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Spector's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Spector to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Spector's Performance
in Baltimore, MD |
Doc Spector is tops! Not only an outstanding physician, but a caring and supportive practitioner with great customer service. Been with him for a decade, as has the whole family now that the kids are beyond pediatrics. Always will be.
Bel Air, MD |
Make sure if he says you have a "fatty tumor" and "you'll get more" and its NOTHING to worry about.... YOU GET A SECOND OPINION!
in Baldwin, MD |
This doctor is informed, compassionate and always gives you the time you need to ask questions. My husband and I both see him and are glad he was recommended by our adult son.
in Bel Air, MD |
I have seen Dr. Spector 6 years now. He by far is the best doctor out there. The knowledge he has is incredible, and I'm super confident in what he tells me. Every time I come to his office, the staff is super sweet, and efficient. Everyone there goes above and beyond to fit the needs of the patients, and I just strongly recommend his practice !
in Harford County, MD |
Wow. He will go out of his way to help you!!
in Street, MD |
Have been going to Dr. Spector for years since he was in his old office across from the Festival in Bel Air. Great doctor, compassionate with his patients he really does care about them, genuine easy to talk to (Friendly) his staff is pretty good as well sometimes it's hard to get through to his office during active hours when you call - but that really isn't a fault on their part otherwise great office, decent location - great staff, and great doctor.
in Bel Air, MD |
Staffing extremely rude and inefficient, I think Dr. Spector does not how the staff is treating patients, they hung up on you all the time, they make mistakes and they blame on you and the worst thing they do not let you talk to your doctor. I'm very upset because I have been feeling ill.. I miss Amanda so much.
in Bel Air, MD |
if you want an accessible Doctor DON'T go to Dr Karl Spector. My husband and I moved from CA. I deal with acute pain due to numerous conditions and my husband has severe pain due to needing knee replacement in both knees. I called Dr Spector's per recommendations given by friends and family. Neither my husband or myself ever saw or spoke to Dr Spector. Everytime we made an appt we only saw his PA, and she took it upon herself to cancel our pain medication and change the strengh of another.
Have you seen Dr. Karl Spector, MD?
Are you Dr. Spector?

Visit Dr. Spector

Dr. Spector accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Spector has admitting privileges