Dr. Karl Schweitzer Jr, MD

Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery | Male

Duke Orthopedics 3700 NW Cary Pkwy Ste 100 Cary, NC 27513 Get Directions
Dr. Karl Schweitzer Jr, MD
My pursuit of a career in orthopaedics has come as no surprise to those around me. Growing up on our family horse farm in Mechanicsburg, Pa. afforded me many mechanical tasks. Foot and ankle orthopaedic surgery was an obvious choice: the diverse patient population, challenging surgeries, exciting research, and the ability to help my patients get back to the activities they enjoy most. I do not take for granted my wonderful mentors throughout residency and fellowship training. I am thankful to be practicing back where my interest in foot and ankle was first ignited. My wife Samantha and I are excited to return to the Triangle. Samantha works locally as a nurse practitioner. We enjoy traveling running/working out and weekend trips to Wrightsville Beach. As medical missionary and family relative, Dr. Albert Schweitzer said, "At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by the spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." It is my responsibility, but also privilege as a surgeon to empower my patients with that light through optimism, knowledge, and ultimately relief through both non-operative and surgical means.

Dr. Schweitzer Jr's Care Philosophy

Medical missionary and family relative, Dr. Albert Schweitzer said, "At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by the spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." It is my responsibility, but also privilege as a surgeon to empower my patients with that light through optimism, knowledge, and ultimately relief through both non-operative and surgical means.

Dr. Schweitzer Jr's Experience

See how Dr. Schweitzer Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schweitzer Jr

Dr. Schweitzer Jr accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Schweitzer Jr is now accepting new patients
Cary3700 NW Cary Pkwy Ste 100
Cary, NC 27513
(919) 862-5093Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Schweitzer Jr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schweitzer Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schweitzer Jr to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Schweitzer Jr's Performance
Chapel Hill, NC |
Very degrading and horrible bedside manner. Will talk down to you.
in Raleigh, North Carolina |
Don't let his youthful appearance fool you. Dr. Schweizer is as knowledgeable and caring as they come. I had to lose my leg and he took the time to discuss my options and the possible outcomes, not just post-surgery but lifetime. He made sure I was ready and prepared and sure I was making the right decision. I'm sure my excellent recovery is due to his skill in the operating room as well as bedside. Mike Gurkin
Have you seen Dr. Karl Schweitzer Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Schweitzer Jr?

Compare Dr. Schweitzer Jr

Dr. Schweitzer Jr says...

Dr. Schweitzer Jr's Care Philosophy

Dr. Schweitzer Jr says...

As a fellowship-trained, board-certified foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeon, I perform a complete spectrum of surgical procedures on the lower extremity.  My expertise lends itself to both simple and complex reconstructive procedures, ranging from bunion and hammertoe procedures, ankle arthroscopy and cartilage restorative procedures, ankle reconstruction for instability, tendon repair/reconstruction, foot/ankle/lower extremity fracture care, ankle replacement and fusion surgery, diabetic Charcot reconstruction (including use of Ilizarov thin-wire frame techniques), and advanced deformity reconstruction for conditions related to arthritic, neurologic, congenital, or acquired conditions.  I see many patients for second opinions and in consultation for consideration for revision surgery.

Dr. Schweitzer Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Schweitzer Jr has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schweitzer Jr's Board Certifications

• Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

Orthocarolina Foot and Ankle Institute

Completed in 2014

Franklin and Marshall College

Graduated in 2004

Dr. Schweitzer Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schweitzer Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery