Dr. Karl Schultz Jr, MD

Dr. Karl Schultz Jr, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Karl Schultz Jr, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Gainesville, GA. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

1240 Jesse Jewell Pkwy SE Ste 300

Gainesville, GA 30501

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Schultz Jr

See how frequently Dr. Schultz Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Subdural Hemorrhage
Herniated Disc Surgery
high
Spine Disorders
high

Dr. Schultz Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Schultz Jr "Neurosurgical illnesses of the brain, spine, and peripheral nerves can be quite lifestyle altering. I feel privileged to be able to help my patients achieve a improvement in their quality of life, while providing state of the art care in a friendly practice environment. I have a special emphasis on minimally invasive treatment options for spine disease that I employ when appropriate, but remain active in the surgical management of a wide variety of neurological diseases."

• Neurosurgery

• Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Washington and Jefferson College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1988
  • Emory University
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Emory University Affiliated Hospitals
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Department Of Neurological Surgery, The Emory Clinic and Emory University School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • American Association Of Neurological Surgeons
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • American College Of Surgeons
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Schultz Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schultz Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schultz Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schultz Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schultz Jr to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Schultz Jr's Performance
Gainesville, GA |
Waited in waiting room 1 hr. Examining room 1 hr. Before Dr. Came in. He was looking at my MRI, phone rang he answered finished call and started explaining my problem- phone rang again he said I'm on call need to answer. After several minutes he hung up. Phone rang again he answered and talked again, he tried to talk with me phone rang again he began talking. At almost 6pm I told him to give more my MRI and I would leave! So insulting and rude!!
I am truly sorry that this happened. Unfortunately the nature of my practice involves not only running an elective practice, but also one of covering consults for inpatients as well as those from the ER at a busy level 2 trauma center. There are times, when I simply have to interrupt an office visit to attend to urgent/ emergent matters. While such events can cause delay during an office visit , in the end, I always try to provide the same attention to detail to all my patient's conditions.
in Gainesville, GA |
I have seen Dr. Schultz twice and both he, his nurse Marleen and PA Kathy were exceptional. I am a medical management professional myself and have upmost respect for their professionalism and care shown to me. Dr. Schultz thoroughly went over my MRIs and explained my options in detail. Answered all my questions and didn't feel rushed. I've had several friends who's seen him for neurosurgery procedures and had great outcomes. I'm fully trusting him with mine! Many thanks Dr. Schultz and staff!
Atlanta, GA |
Rude staff, doesnt care about patient care, impersonal, overly flirty, there is no communication between staff and especially to the patient. Rude to patients with severe spine injury who need pain medicine.
in Flowery Branch, GA |
does not care AT ALL! he messed me up so bad... 2 years in pain and he laughed! something is wrong. I cannot get help from anyone!! and his nurse..i don't even really want to go into that, how she got a job I cant even understand that! PLEASE DO NOT GO TO HIM!! STAY AWAY
Unfortunately, I cannot respond to this person's complaints as I am unsure as to who this person was, but I suspect it was the same person as who provided a comment from June 13, 2016. I would never "laugh" at a patient in pain and would attempt to make appropriate referrals to a specialist who may be able to help - If I didn't feel that I could help that person.
in Cleveland Ga |
His staff was rude and had no compassion. I've have delt with numerous medical offices over the last 8 years with all my medical issues and I have never been so disrespected by a medical staff.
Dawsonville, GA |
I have NOT had a procedure done, so my evaluation is only of 2 office visits (one with him and one with NP). He explained what he found thoroughly, took adequate time with me and arranged for follow up.
Flowery Branch, GA |
he messed me up and will not take the blame DO NO GO TO HIM!
in Clayton, GA |
Extremely professional..and kind...he performed successful surgery on my neck three years ago. Did great follow up . I now have lower back problems..he explained the MRI in detail as my son and I saw the the images. I TRUST him. He has a neat sense of humor..is positive . Always takes time and listens . I left his office feeling secure in the fact that if surgery is needed, Dr. Schultz will be there for me.
Have you seen Dr. Karl Schultz Jr, MD?

Visit Dr. Schultz Jr

Dr. Schultz Jr accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Schultz Jr has admitting privileges