Dr. Karl Schultz Jr, MD

Dr. Karl Schultz Jr, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Karl Schultz Jr, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Gainesville, GA and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from Emory University in 1992 and specializes in neurosurgery and neurological spine surgery.

1240 Jesse Jewell Pkwy SE Ste 300

Gainesville, GA 30501

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Schultz Jr

See how frequently Dr. Schultz Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Subdural Hemorrhage
Herniated Disc Surgery
high
Spine Disorders
high

Dr. Schultz Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Schultz Jr "Neurosurgical illnesses of the brain, spine, and peripheral nerves can be quite lifestyle altering. I feel privileged to be able to help my patients achieve a improvement in their quality of life, while providing state of the art care in a friendly practice environment. I have a special emphasis on minimally invasive treatment options for spine disease that I employ when appropriate, but remain active in the surgical management of a wide variety of neurological diseases."

• Neurosurgery

• Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Washington and Jefferson College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1988
  • Emory University
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Emory University Affiliated Hospitals
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Department Of Neurological Surgery, The Emory Clinic and Emory University School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • American Association of Neurological Surgeons
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • American College Of Surgeons
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Schultz Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schultz Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schultz Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schultz Jr's Reviews

3.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schultz Jr to family and friends

Dr. Schultz Jr's Performance

Was referred to Dr. Scholz from my neurologist. L4 L5 disc were protruding pinching the S1 nerve root. Dr. Schultz did laminectomy and microdiscectomy. Had even more pain after surgery and the pain was in different areas. Nerve conduction studies we’re not done prior to the surgery. Turns out I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Waited in waiting room 1 hr. Examining room 1 hr. Before Dr. Came in. He was looking at my MRI, phone rang he answered finished call and started explaining my problem- phone rang again he said I'm on call need to answer. After several minutes he hung up. Phone rang again he answered and talked...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

I am truly sorry that this happened. Unfortunately the nature of my practice involves not only running an elective practice, but also one of covering consults for inpatients as well as those from the ER at a busy level 2 trauma center. There are times, when I simply have to interrupt an office visit to attend to urgent/ emergent matters. While such events can cause delay during an office visit , in the end, I always try to provide the same attention to detail to all my patient's conditions.

I have seen Dr. Schultz twice and both he, his nurse Marleen and PA Kathy were exceptional. I am a medical management professional myself and have upmost respect for their professionalism and care shown to me. Dr. Schultz thoroughly went over my MRIs and explained my options in detail. Answered...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
Rude staff, doesnt care about patient care, impersonal, overly flirty, there is no communication between staff and especially to the patient. Rude to patients with severe spine injury who need pain medicine.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option2
does not care AT ALL! he messed me up so bad... 2 years in pain and he laughed! something is wrong. I cannot get help from anyone!! and his nurse..i don't even really want to go into that, how she got a job I cant even understand that! PLEASE DO NOT GO TO HIM!! STAY AWAY
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Unfortunately, I cannot respond to this person's complaints as I am unsure as to who this person was, but I suspect it was the same person as who provided a comment from June 13, 2016. I would never "laugh" at a patient in pain and would attempt to make appropriate referrals to a specialist who may be able to help - If I didn't feel that I could help that person.