Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Karl Roberts, MD
Dr. Karl Roberts, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Grand Rapids, MI. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Roberts is affiliated with Spectrum Health - Blodgett Hospital.

1000 E Paris Ave SE Ste 215

Grand Rapids, MI 49546

• Cofinity
  • Medicare
  • Priority Health
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Roberts

Our goal at West Michigan Orthopaedics is to provide high quality patient centered care based on evidence based approaches. We value communication between the physician (surgeon) and the patient so we ensure you see your doctor every time as this is critical to good patient care. We understand the importance of educating our patients regarding expectations, risks and benefits of surgery so that the correct treatment decision can be made and expectations can be achieved.

Dr. Roberts' Experience

Dr. Roberts' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Spinal Nerve Block
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Indiana
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Indiana University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Grand Rapids Med Education Research Center/Msu
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Roberts has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Roberts does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Roberts and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Roberts' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Roberts to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Roberts' Performance
in Muskegon, MI |
I would definitely recommend Dr Roberts. This was my initial visit and both my husband and I were very satisfied with the information given to us regarding having knee replacement surgery, as well as the time spent. Looking forward to having him do my knee replacement(s) in the near future. Thank you.
in Grand Haven, MI |
Dr. Roberts' results concerning my hip replacement were outstanding. He explained things very well, answered all my questions, and provided excellent advice at our appointments. His office staff were very helpful. The therapists and nurses that provided home care and advice also did and excellent job. I am very pleased with the results.
Middleville, MI |
Dr. Roberts took time to thoroughly explain and answer all my questions prior to total hip replacement surgery. Personable yet professional bedside manner. Great post-op follow-up.
in Big Rapids, MI |
I got Dr. Roberts name from a customer that came into store where I work. After a phone call or two - I had an appointment. It's the Best choice I made!! He's a caring Doctor, when I had questions - he answered them and he has a good sense of humor. He replaced both of my knees and explained to me what was going to be done. After surgery - I had a Wonderful experience with my recovery! It ( the replacements) were the BEST thing I ever did!
in Big Rapids, MI |
From the time I walked in, I received the best of care. The x-ray technician was very competent and through, the intern was very knowledgeable and took her time to make sure she had all the information and answered all my questions. Great Dr. in the making. And as always, Dr. Roberts was very kind and explained everything. I highly recommend anyone looking for an Orthopedic Physician go to West Michigan Orthopaedics.
in Stanwood, MI |
Dr. Roberts was very professional and timely. I was able to get an appointment within a couple of weeks of my initial call. My surgery (torn meniscus) was 2 months later. He did a great job of explaining the surgery , pre and post-op. I hope I never have to go back again but, if I do, I wouldn't hesitate to have Dr. Roberts and his team @ Spectrum East do the surgery.
in Rockford, MI |
Dr. Roberts has been my orthopedic surgeon for seven years. I had a knee replacement at that time. Was sorry I didn't have it done earlier. I am now scheduled to have my other knee replaced but have been doing injections with him as he never suggests surgery unless it's absolutely necessary and the injections don't work and you can't stand the pain. His bedside manner is amazing. Would recommend him and have to friends and family members who have all been very pleased .
Just got a check-up on the hip replacements that Dr. Roberts performed almost 5 years ago. As always, he was very professional and informative, answering all of my questions. He communicates in very understandable terms. I have already and will continue to refer people to Dr. Roberts. I am a very satisfied patient.
in Ludington, MI |
I am sure everyone is apprehensive about replacement surgery, I certainly was, however that was misplaced. My experience with Dr Roberts was very positive. I was back on my feet in no time & feeling wonderful. I would recommend him to everyone who needs a hip or knee.
Grand Rapids, MI |
I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Roberts. His explanations were clear and helpful. He was kind and patient. I got shots when I needed them.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
This is the second total hip replacement that I have had. My first total hip replacement was done in January of 2013. I had chosen to have the anterior method used for this procedure. I chose the anterior method because my research showed it to be less invasive surgery with quicker recovery. I needed to have my other hip replaced. This time I chose Dr. Roberts and a different procedure. It has been a very rewarding experience. Less invasive and quicker recovery that my first hip replacement.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
When I come to a doctor and express to them that i'am in severe pain the answer to my problems should not be "get more physical activity" What good is physical activity if i'm in constant agony? This doctor could've given a cortisone injection but instead gave whats supposed to be a stronger equivalent to Naproxen which hasn't succeeded in helping my pain. I think this Doctor is heartless and cold hearted, Im quite sure if his level of pain was a nine he'd have nurses injecting him!
in Grand Rapids, MI |
After two visits, my experience with Dr. Roberts has been exceptional. Dr. Roberts listens, examines, diagnoses, explains and answers questions. He's relaxed, personable and concerned. He's earned my trust and appreciation. The receptionist, nurses and insurance staff are professional, friendly and efficient.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
So far my experience with Dr. Roberts has been very good. He explains the problem area and offers solutions. If there aren't any, like in my case, surgery is recommended and he does an excellent job explaining the details of the surgery. He is warm, welcoming and I have confidence in his experience and skills that my surgery will be successful and is the right path for me.
Lowell, MI |
I went to see him for a hand problem. After X-rays he suggested some treatments, then said "I'm not sure what to do for your pain." he then walked away. Needles to say I was disappointed.
in Rockford, MI |
Very knowledgeable and explains things thoroughly. Surgery went well, great follow up after surgery. Very happy with the results. I had a total hip replacement and would highly recommend him.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I am so pleased with my right hip replacement performed by Doctor Roberts. He walks through the entire process, explains in detail what to expect and is genuinely concerned about you as his patient. I went home the following day, only used a walker for two days, a cane for about a week. I look forward to "balancing out" with getting my left hip done soon. Go Cubs Go!!!
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I could not ask for a more informed, approachable, communicative, caring physician/surgeon than Dr. K. Roberts. He listens, advises and gives all pertinent information and honors the patient's decision.
in St Clair Shores, MI |
At age 60, I recovered from a total hip replacement in two days without the need for therapy. I think this says it all.
in Grand Rapids MI |
Excellent. I have and will recommend him and his office. I have had a knee and a hip replaced with no complications. Everything was explained before hand and completely done as expected.
in Rockford, MI |
Excellent experience. I recommend his Orthopedic expertise to anyone that needs it. Support staff is excellent. Excellent bedside manor.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Roberts replaced both knees. He spoke to me and my family in terms we could understand. He was very honest and straightforward through the entire process. I was very comfortable in the decisions we made and knew the reasons why. Would highly recommend to anyone needing knee or hip replacements.
Have you seen Dr. Karl Roberts, MD?
Are you Dr. Roberts?