Neurotology  |
Dr. Karl Horn, MD
Dr. Karl Horn, MD is a neurotology doctor who practices in Albuquerque, NM. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 41 years. Dr. Horn is affiliated with Presbyterian Hospital.

415 Cedar St SE

Albuquerque, NM 87106

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico
  • Presbyterian Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Horn

See how frequently Dr. Horn performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Perforated Eardrum
Otitis Media
Outer Ear Infection

Dr. Horn's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurotology

• Down Syndrome
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Otitis Media
  • Otosclerosis
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Sinusitis

• ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Mexico.

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio
    Medical School | Graduated 1976
  • Mt Zion Hosp Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1977
  • U Calif
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981
  • House Ear Inst
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Horn has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Horn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Horn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Horn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Horn to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Horn's Performance
Albuquerque, NM |
Jerk of a Doctor with an even worse staff. Don't bother to make an appointment unless you have at least 3 hours to wait around before you even have your initial hearing test.
in Aztec |
This dr is awesome talks and explains great dr all around thank you for everything
Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Horn diagnosed me with a cholesteatoma telling me I would die without having a surgery - I won't go into his gruff impatient manner or his refusal to explain further - I will only say that I never had a cholesteatoma according to 3 other doctors so I'd never recommend him - EVER
Albuquerque, NM |
DR Horn is an excellent Doctor , grumpy , but an excellent Doctor if you can get through the front office staff . The front office clerks are horrible. The woman at the front desk is rude and not very helpful, especially if you call to ask a question. They act like they are doing you a favor when you ask for help . I could not get over how rude I was treated over the phone.The medical folks in the back are great. Fire the clerks in the front and you will have great place to go for ENT services.
Rio Rancho, NM |
seemed like he wasn't paying attention....almost constant whistling....which is very annoying.... staff was rude and stand-offish....that came across as not caring....will be looking for another ent dr....
in Rio Rancho, NM |
Total wait 1 hour and 45 minutes. When I approached the reception desk, the lady there axplained that she has placed my file away and they forgot abour me. I insisted on talkimng to Dr. Horn. He came into a waiting and prended that nothing was wrong. I mentioned my wait time, my re-filed chart. He acted rude and angry that I dared to critzized his staff. He offerred no apology or explation. A high disapointment from a care giver staff and a poor professional provider.
in Albuquerque, NM |
Suffered a head injury and loss of consciousness. Now experiencing vertigo. The woman at the front desk staff was very rude and told me the next appointment she could schedule me for was two months away. Go anywhere else instead.
in Albuquerque, NM |
Extremely satisfied with Dr. Horn and his staff. I was treated for sudden hearing loss and I have recovered most of my audition. They scheduled my first appointment very quickly which is important to the outcome on this cases. Dr. Horn and his associates spend the time to explain what was going on and what to expect from my condition. I highly recommend him based on my experience
Horrible. Still waiting for a returned call... Thank goodness my ailment got better on its own. I strongly suggest finding another physician. Sorely disappointed.
in Las cruces |
Dr. Horn is the last in a long line of ENT's. I got so discouraged at my undiagnosed cholesteatoma! I suffered for over 10 years. By the time I went to the mayo clinic in Phoenix I was desperate. They told me the best doctor for cholesteatoma awas Dr. Karl Horn is Albuquerque! He has been the first ENT that makes me feel like I can relax knowing I'm in excellent hands! I have had a complete mastoidectomy. My ear is all prosthetic or remade from cartilage. He is an excellent surgeon!!
Have you seen Dr. Karl Horn, MD?
Are you Dr. Horn?