Dr. Karl Greene, MD

Dr. Karl Greene, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Karl Greene, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Appleton, WI. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

5320 W Michaels Dr

Appleton, WI 54913

Learn about Dr. Greene

See how frequently Dr. Greene performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spondylosis
Cranial Trauma
Spine Disorders

Dr. Greene's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

• Ear Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Secondary Malignancies

• Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• Stanford Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1989

Dr. Greene has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Greene does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Greene and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Greene's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Greene to family and friends
Dr. Greene's Performance
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Greene performed a Lumbar Microdiscetomy and a Laminectomy/ Decompression on my L4 and L5. He has excellent communication and did a great job addressing all my concerns prior to surgery. His team is great as well and the follow up with his PA-C was excellent as well. I would not hesitate to recommend him to family and friends.
in Suring WI. |
I would recommend Dr Greene , he is a great Dr, cares about his patients First time meeting him, felt very comfortable , he explain everything, did my back surgery , I am now without pain. Him and his staff are very good. .
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Greene was amazing & I felt very confident in him as my surgeon. Anthony Lee, PA-C, was also very helpful in guiding me through the procedure and answering all of my questions. I never felt rushed in any of my visits with Dr Greene and his staff.
in Fond Du Lac, WI |
I am a 60 year old male patient of Dr. Karl Greene. As of the writing of this review, I am ten days post op of a posterior Lumbar Interlaminar Laminotomy surgery without fusion performed by Dr. Greene. My recovery is going quite well and as scheduled. Dr. Greene and his entire team, pre-op and post-op have been remarkable in so many ways. Professionalism at its best, personable, caring, knowledgeable and understanding. I have been truly blessed. Godspeed to all.
in Oshkosh, WI |
Dr. Greene is amazing. Spent time with me reviewing my MRI, Discussed his plan, options, surgery, recovery. Spent as much time with me as needed. I rate my pain level 2 weeks after surgery as a 95% improvement. I have a whole new outlook on life. I did not know I could feel this good. I would refer him to anyone with back / leg pain. Thank you Dr. Greene!!!! You are amazing and so happy you are part of the Nero Spine Center in Appleton
in Sturgeon Bay, WI |
I highly recommend Dr. Karl Greene. He performed an L4-5 fusion in my back in 2006. My recovery from surgery went very smoothly and I couldn’t be happier with my results. 11 years later I continue to be symptom -free. Thank you, Dr. Greene!
in Bear Creek, WI |
I was losing the use of my right arm, after MRI Dr. Greene told me I had some vertebrae that were compressing my spinal cord. He recommended 2 surgeries, one on the front of my neck and then one on the back. I am 3 months post surgery, I have the use of my right arm again and have really no less use of my neck. I would definitely recommend Dr. Greene to anyone, very caring and proficient. Both him and Dr. Lee were very helpful.
in Hilbert WI |
Being able to walk without pain is a blessing. Dr Greene was very nice to work with. Only thing is I only saw him once and that was my first visit. I would of like to of thanked him personally. He is a busy Doc too.
in Hortonville, WI |
Went in to Dr. Greene with very painful neck and numbness in my arm and hand. Ended up needing two discs replaced and fused. Came out of the surgery with ZERO pain and all the feeling back in my arm and hand. Recovery was a breeze, zero pain during recovery. The only annoyance was the neck brace, but that was unavoidable. Dr Greene and Anthony his PA were AMAZING and I would highly recommend the entire staff! I am 12 weeks out as of today and back to most of my normal workouts and work!
in Oshkosh, WI |
Had pain for over a year. Went to numerous doctors. Did physical therapy, had epidural injections, chiropractic care and even acupuncture. Nothing worked. The pain increased as time went on. It got to the point where I couldn't walk for more than 10 ft. The pain was a 10 out of 10. Dr. Greene did surgery, a simple procedure, and now I can walk pain free. This man is a godsend. Will only see him if there is a need. Can't thank him enough. Anthony and the clinic staff too. All great.
in Kaukauna wi |
I had a micro discectomy. Before surgery i was in alot of pain and lost feeling in my left leg, also my left leg would give out forbno reason. I sat down with Dr.Greene and he discussed what my options were. Very thorough and understanding. Very charismatic guy. After deciding what i should have done then it was on to surgery. 3 days after surgery i felt better than the day i went into surgery. What a god send that is. I just want to say thank you to Dr. Greene and all the staff at Neurospine
in Nichols, WI |
Dr Greene and his staff are excellent! Was very satisfied with my treatment.
I only saw Dr. Greene twice for appointments and then right before surgery. He seemed very confident and was reassuring to me in explaining the procedure and what to expect. His beside manner was warm and friendly which also made me feel comfortable in choosing NeuroSpine. The only thing that I was disappointed in was that I never saw Dr. Greene after surgery. I was hoping to see him at my last appt., and was told I would. However, Anthony, his assistant, was very good, as well.
in Hortonville, Wi |
He explained conditions and procedures very well. He provided all the possibilities of post surgery results. His office helped with some insurance problems. He listened to my concerns and consulted my primary physician and listened to her. He realized my need to rush the surgery because my condition was deteriorating rapidly. Part of his success is due to his nurses and his PA-C Anthony Lee. I felt comfortable with Dr. Greene and his staff.
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Greene is the most excellent neurosurgeon I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. He offered top notch care and service. Both he and his PA were available and promptly returned calls when an issue arose.
in Winneconne, WI |
I recently had surgery done by Dr. Greene. The entire process from the pre-op to the post-op appointment was wonderful. Dr. Greene really took the time to listen to my concerns and answer my questions. His PA, Anthony Lee was equally as wonderful. Everyone I came in contact with in this office were extremely friendly and helpful. Dr. Greene and his staff really go above and beyond to provide an excellent patient experience!
in Hortonville, WI |
I am an RN and had my second ACDF by Dr. Greene 1 year ago. Despite having some post operative complications, I have 100% confidence in his abilities. Some complications are inevitable but a great surgeon anticipates all possibilities and has a plan before they happen. With regard to the time he spends with his patients. When he is with you, you have him 100%. If he is running a little late, it's because he was giving someone else the time they needed from him. Yes, I would choose him again.
in Green Bay, WI |
Dr. Greene has done two back surgeries for me-one 11 years ago for cyst on my spine and in July for a herniated disc. I was very pleased with both surgeries. He fit me in as soon as possible as I was in a lot of pain both times. His PA-C Anthony K Lee was also very helpful and the entire staff at Neuro Spine is great. I will definitely recommend them to my friends and relatives.
in Ixonia, Wisconsin |
Dr. Greene saved my life. I had an accident falling off a ladder at my residence and hit my head. I had to be flown to Thedacare as an Emergency brain trauma patient. Dr. Greene was on call and his backyard barbeque had to be interrupted in order for him to conduct brain surgery on me, which was 100% successful. Words cannot express my thanks to him. He and his team are wonderful and caring professionals.
in Appleton, WI |
There is little doubt to me that Dr. Green is world class skill, Personality, Considerate as can be. Made me feel VERY confident of my results.
in Menasha, Wi |
My experience with Dr. Greene was excellent! He is friendly, personable and genuine. I never felt like just another patient. His warm smile and open friendly manner put me at ease right away and he took time to connect with me as a person. I was concerned about surgury and he spent considerable time discussing everything I had done up to then, addressed my concerns, and truly made me feel good about the decision. My only regret was not seeing him sooner. He gave me my life back.
in Berlin, WI |
He treats people like he would like to be treated. Intelligent, friendly, personable, he gets to know his patient as a person, not just another patient. By the time one is done talking to him, you want to add him to your Christmas Card list and invite him to back yard BBQ's. Your concerns are truly his. All doctors could learn a lesson from this man on how to treat and interact with his patients.
in Oshkosh, WI |
I found Dr. Greene to be an awesome surgeon. Very caring and a great sense of humor that puts you at ease, which is no easy task when you are having back surgery. He and his staff called numerous times to ensure that all of my questions were answered and that I was recovering well. I never should have waited so long to have my herniated disc operated on. Knowing that I hopefully will never have sciatic nerve pain again is such a relief!
in Sherwood, WI |
Instantly I trusted and admired him. Explained everything perfect. Wonderful man and Doctor. Great surgeon. Smiles all the time! Staff was awesome. Very thankful to have met him.
in Green Lake, WI |
Dr. Greene was accurate in his diagnosis upon my first visit, he earned my trust right away. I also went to 2 other very reputable hospitals for more opinions and was told that there was nothing wrong quite bluntly, although they could not explain the pain. I went back to Dr. Greene and he performed surgery very successfully and now I am pain free. Prior to the operation I could not walk farther than 4 blocks because of the intense pain, the day after I could walk over 12 blocks. He's GREAT!
in Menasha, WI |
Dr. Greene is an amazing doctor. He gives you his advice as if you were his family and he is extremely knowledgeable. He tells you straight forward and doesn't sugar-coat the situation.
Have you seen Dr. Karl Greene, MD?
Are you Dr. Greene?