Dr. Karl Francis Jr, MD

Dr. Karl Francis Jr, MD

General Surgery  |
55 reviews

Dr. Karl Francis Jr, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Provo, UT. He is 46 years old. Dr. Francis Jr is affiliated with Mountain View Hospital, Utah Valley Regional Medical Center and Timpanogos Regional Hospital....See Less

Utah Surgical Associates

• EmblemHealth
  • Molina Healthcare
  • PEHP

Learn about Dr. Francis Jr

You, the patient, are the most important person to our practice. We are committed to providing the best possible medical care. Excellence is our goal. We have worked to provide a full range of service and have highly trained and knowledgeable staff who have been together for some ten years plus. We look forward to being part of your medical team.

Dr. Francis Jr' Experience

Dr. Francis Jr' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Cholelithiasis
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Liver Cancer
  • Lung Cancer
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pleural Effusion

• Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Embolectomy, Thrombectomy, or Vessel Exploration
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Esophagostomy
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) or Thoracotomy
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Creighton University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Creighton University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Francis Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Francis Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Francis Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Timpanogos Regional Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Francis Jr is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Francis Jr' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Francis Jr to family and friends
Dr. Francis Jr' Performance
in Orem, UT |
Not only is Dr. Francis competent and timely at getting one into surgery and everything fixed up splendidly, but I found him very caring as well. When I was in tears from gall bladder pain, he immediately scheduled surgery. His staff also took great care of me since I was an emotional wreck from the pain. Love them all!!! Recovery is going very well, and I'm so happy to be pain free!
in Saratoga Springs, UT |
Dr. Francis was recommended by an ER physician who said he'd trust him for any surgery he may need. I called and was able to schedule a visit for next day. I met with a very qualified nurse, a PA student, and Dr. Francis. I had multiple question that were answered to my satisfaction. I was most impressed with being able to schedule my surgery within the week. My surgery was performed without complication. Outstanding physician with outstanding staff. Start to finish I am most satisfied.
Spanish Fork, UT |
Dr. Francis did an amazing job and I am very pleased. He has a very inviting and friendly demeanor. My recovery was fairly easy and I have minimal scarring from the incision. He did an excellent job and his nurse is beyond words amazing! If I need anything done in the future, I will certainly be going to see Dr. Francis.
Orem, UT |
He was ok but very rushed and didn't give much info nor ask any questions regarding the need for surgery. He did however asked a couple of times if I had questions..hard to have any questions when I wasn't given a whole lot of info from him. Thankfully he had a P.A student who took time with me asking questions & giving info about the need for the procedure. His nurse was beyond wonderful, she was so helpful in getting the paperwork done, the surgery scheduled & setting it up with correct center
in Provo, UT |
I had a hernia operation. Dr. Francis explained the procedure very well. After surgery I recovered very quickly. If I'm feeling great one week after surgery I can only attribute that to a very good surgeon! I would highly recommend Dr. Francis to family or friends!
Saratoga Springs, UT |
Very professional and did a great job with surgery. Office staff was also very helpful.
in Provo, UT |
I had concerns with my insurance coverage and he got me approved for surgery the next day!
in Orem, UT |
Dr Francis let me make choices when it came to my care and recovery. Very agreeable and supportive. Excellent Care!
in Provo, Utah |
I cannot express my gratitude enough to Dr Francis enough. He made my son feel comfortable as my son was so afraid of being seen by a new Dr even though we were referred tp him by Dr Lauret. Thank you Dr Francis for caring!
in Lindon, UT |
Laparoscopic inguinal hernia and everything went very well!
in Provo, UT |
Fast and efficient. Was fine to explain things to me and made sure I got taken care of.
in Tridell, UT |
Dr. Francis was all business, efficient and had excellent tissue handling in my surgical repair of a hernia. I respect his skill set.
Provo, UT |
The good: He was knowledgeable about the issue. He had experience and was able to describe things. Not quite as good: He seemed a bit rushed, as if he was anxious to move on to the next patient.
Saved my life!
in Payson, UT |
Very excellent surgeon and doctor in the hernia speciality. I was referred to him by someone that worked with him in the past and referenced his awesome talent with the speciality of hernia and general surgery. Was so glad to have met Dr Francis as he is straight forward and very knowledgeable with a lot of experience with successful surgeries. I also appreciate how he shares his talents with upcoming medical students to help them learn great technique and process
in Los Angeles, CA |
I had a hernia surgery. His staff is very kind and caring. The procedure was quick without any complications. I totally recommend him!
in Payson, Utah |
Dr. Francis talked to my son like an adult and helped him understand his illness and gave him the opportunity to decide on his own care. He also gave him plenty of time to ask questions and share concerns. He was very personable, professional and reassuring. He was very confident in his diagnosis and that gave us confidence also. He and his staff were very kind and understanding that it was a time of stress for us all.
in Salem, UT |
Good bedside manner. Explains everything very well and asks and listens to patient input and questions. Very good and up to date surgeon.
in Spanish Fork, UT |
He and his staff are excellent. My surgery and recovery went very well.
in Payson,Utah |
He was very good to talk and take the time to explane
in Santaquin, UT |
Dr Francis and his staff were very attentive. They listened to my concerns, they were very thorough in looking at my health history and current symptoms. Dr Francis was very informative, he took time to discuss and answer all my questions. My surgery went very well with no complications. We will return to Dr Francis if the need ever arises.
in Orem, UT |
He was good about explaining my procedure and giving me my options. Friendly Dr, friendly staff, also made follow up calls during my recovery to see how I was doing.
in Provo, UT |
Very kind and understanding. I am a nurse and appreciated his staff going the extra mile for my care. The staff called almost every day and checked on me after surgery. I would take my family and my patients to them.
in Payson, Ut |
Dr. Francis took the time to answer any and all my questions I had.
in Provo, UT |
Dr. Francis was excellent. He fixed my hernia and his followup could not have been better. He communicated what he was going to do and made me feel comfortable. I would recommend him to everyone.
in Pleasant grove |
He was wonderful. He fit me in when no one else would. He is a very skilled Surgeon. I would go to him again without hesitation. He went above and beyond. Very through. He talked to me and explained everything. He had a great way of putting me at ease.
in Livermore, CA |
I had emergency surgery on a Sunday morning. I had not met nor heard of Dr. Francis before this but was pleased with his work.
in Saratoga Springs, UT |
Dr. Francis provided a helpful explanation of the surgical procedure and the expectations that a patient should have following the surgery. He also followed up to insure that all questions were answered.
in Elk Ridge, UT |
Dr Francis is very good about explaining the situation and necessary surgery and the expected results.
in Orem Utah |
It was great. I would recommend to anyone!
Fillmore, UT |
Dr. Francis is a very competent surgeon. Great communicator and great to work with.
in Payson UT |
Had my gallbladder removed on a Monday was back in the hospital Tuesday with really bad pains and found out I had a baseball size clot. Dr. Francis was there everyday to check in! The staff at his office in Payson is amazing! Super friendly and made my experience a lot less scary! Thank you all so much!
in Spanish Fork, UT |
very concise making sure I understood all he was telling me
in Orem, UT |
Dr. Francis was positive, encouraging, and cheerful beginning with my pre-op appointment, during my surgical stay in the hospital, and at post-op appointment. Not having ever met him before, I felt very confident with his abilities as a surgeon.
in Santaquin, UT |
My Experience was wonderful! I am a very hard person to please and Dr.Francis took such good care of me, my recovery was rough but he made sure everyday that I was doing ok, he wanted to see me get better, the fact that he went the extra mile to call me and see how I was, sets him apart from all the other doctors that I have ever worked with. He Is professional, Caring, kind & is one of the best surgeons I have met.! I would recommend him 10/10 times. Dont settle for anything less than the best!
Spanish Fork |
Very personable and friendly.
Have you seen Dr. Karl Francis Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Francis Jr?

Payson, UT 84651
Utah Valley Regional Medical Center
1034 N 500 W
Provo, UT 84604

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Francis Jr at Utah Surgical Associates

Dr. David Garry, MD