Dr. Karin S. Dimon, MD

Dr. Karin S. Dimon, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Female | 46 years old

I take care of women of all ages in the office setting and work hard to get to know them and their individual needs. When I see a patient, I attempt to get to know all aspects of her life, which enables me to better help her. From routine office visits and procedures to the most up to date technologies, I try to make their visit the best experience and most comfortable possible. I specialize in routine gynecology needs, minimally invasive procedures as well as open surgeries.Read more

Personal Bio

I am the fourth out of five children and attended Catholic schools in Southeastern states, which makes me feel right...Read more

Dr. Dimon's Experience

See how Dr. Dimon's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dimon

Dr. Dimon accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Dimon has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Dimon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dimon to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Dimon
Dr. Dimon's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (9)
in Northville, MI |
Dr. Dimon is such a caring and kind doctor. I met her for the first time at my first visit several years ago. She made me feel comfortable and I never once felt like she was in a hurry to leave the room and dismiss me as other doctors have done in the past. If you are looking for an open and kind gynecologist, I highly recommend her; and I have to my own sister!
in Livonia, MI |
I had been putting off going to the doctor and saw a sign on 5 mile Rd in Livonia for Westside OB/GYN. I went home a googled the office and chose Dr. DImon (because I wanted a female) and made an appointment. I was greeted by a friendly staff and a clean office. When Dr. DImon came in and introduced herself and sat down to talk I was completely at ease and left knowing I had made a great choice I feel so lucky that I found her and have recommended her to people in my family and community.
Royal Oak, MI |
I was with the same doctor for many years and stayed due to familiarity more than comfortability. Dr. Dimon was recommended to me from a friend who raved about her overall experience. I took her up on the recommendation and was not disappointed. The office prestine, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the doctor is amazing to say the least. OBGYN appointments are not always the most comfortable, but Dr. Dimon puts you at ease and makes the experience much easier. Highly recommend.
in Canton, MI |
My visit today with Dr. Simon went well. She was warm and friendly and seemed to take the time to listen to my symptoms and suggested what would help me. If you struggle with anxiety about the exam- you are not alone I am one of them. She was understanding, which calmed me. The nurse and other staff members were pleasant and willing to help. I wound HIGHLY recommend Dr. Dimon!
in Livonia, MI |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Dimon to my family and friends. The office is very nice and comfortable. She is a very caring doctor.No excessive waiting time and she listens when you talk to her. Very happy to have her as my physician. Also located conveniently across the street from St Mary Hospital.
in Livonia, MI |
Dr. Dimon was very friendly and spent a lot of time with me. She explained concepts well in terms I could understand. I would highly recommend her to other women.
Livonia, MI |
Unfortunately I had a horrible experience with this doctor. My first visit went well but it went downhill after that. The office staff is extremely unprofessional and they violated my wishes. I was told to return too early and had to pay for the office mistake. I would never wish my horrible experience on my worst enemy. It went from incorrect billing to lab errors and more. A complete nightmare. The receptionist is rude and immature.
I am sorry to hear that your experience was so poor. The Westside Ob/Gyn staff and I always strive to provide the best possible care possible to our patients, and it truly upsets me that you didn't have a great experience with us. I also shared your review with the staff. Please feel free to contact me directly at the office, and we will do our best to make amends.
Have you seen Dr. Karin S. Dimon, MD?

Compare Dr. Dimon

Dr. Dimon says...

I am the fourth out of five children and attended Catholic schools in Southeastern states, which makes me feel right at home working at a Catholic institution like St. Mary's. I attended the first woman's college in the U.S. called Mount Holyoke College and spent my junior year abroad studying at the Sorbonne in Paris.  My first job out of college was as a Research Assistant at the Harvard School of Public Health.  After that I attended medical school and did my residency in Ob/Gyn at Providence Hospital in Southfield. I joined Westside Ob/Gyn right after completing my residency in 2003.

In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my husband and 3 children, our dogs as well as running, traveling, exploring the Detroit area and reading.

Dr. Dimon's Care Philosophy

I take care of women of all ages in the office setting and work hard to get to know them and their individual needs.  When I see a patient, I attempt to get to know all aspects of her life, which enables me to better help her. From routine office visits and procedures to the most up to date technologies, I try to make their visit the best experience and most comfortable possible. I specialize in routine gynecology needs, minimally invasive procedures as well as open surgeries.

Dr. Dimon says...

I perform standard office gynecology procedures (pap smear, colposcopy, IUDs, Nexplanon, office hysteroscope, pessary fitting and care) and minimally invasive procedures either in the office or operating room (D&C Hysteroscopy, uterine ablation, uterine polypectomy, uterine myomectomy, mini-laparoscopy, hysterectomy, removal of fallopian tubes/ovaries).  I also perform major surgeries such as more complicated hysterectomies and myomectomies.   I specialize purely in Gynecology, so I feel very current with care guidelines and treatment of women in this specialty. I continuously read journals and attend conferences since medicine (like many occupations) is ever-changing.

Dr. Dimon says...

Pap smears, uterine biopsy, colposcopy of the cervix, IUD insertions and removals, Nexplanon insertion and removal, minimally invasive surgeries such as D&C hysteroscopies, uterine ablations for heavy periods, uterine polypectomies and myomectomies, laparoscopic hysterectomies, laparoscopic removal of ovaries and fallopian tubes, mini-laparoscopies (very small skin incision measuring 3.5 mm resulting in less pain and scarring/complicatons), open laparotomy surgeries such as traditional hystectomies and myomeoctomies

Dr. Dimon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Dimon has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Dimon's Board Certifications

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Cervical Polyps
  • Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

Completed in 2003

Mount Holyoke College

Graduated in 1992

• French

Dr. Dimon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dimon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology