Child & Adolescent Psychiatry  |
Dr. Karin Burkhard, MD
Dr. Karin Burkhard, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Hauppauge, NY. She is 60 years old and has been practicing for 33 years.

Karin E Burkhard MD

140 Adams Ave Ste B10

Hauppauge, NY 11788

Learn about Dr. Burkhard

Dr. Burkhard's Experience

Dr. Burkhard's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Psychiatric Diseases

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Dartmouth College
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Beth Israel Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Li Jewish Hillside Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Burkhard has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Burkhard does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burkhard and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Burkhard's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burkhard to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Burkhard's Performance
Long Island, NY |
Easily the most condescending, pessimistic, dismissive health provider with whom I have had the misfortune of crossing paths. Save yourself potential harm & know that Karin: 1. Exhibits consistent tendency to focus on & exaggerate negative elements of situations. 2. Does not direct any effort to fulfilling easy requests (e.g. to converse even briefly with psychologists). 3. Belittles patients with eye-rolling & condescending language. 4. Eliminates confidence in part by not answering questions.
Is it possible to give no stars? she was condescending and dismissive. School recommended her, what a joke. Had some valid points, however treated me like I was the worst parent and repeatedly told me after asking questions I don't have a crystal ball, I can't answer that. She just kept asking if I read her report. Yes I read report I have questions & questions about medication & diagnosis. Told me to look it up online. People pay out of pocket for her services? Online less condescending
in Huntington, NY |
She spent 10 minutes speaking with our daughter, did not have any background on the home situation and told her that because she was going to college in 5 months there was no reason why she should come back home. Instead she told us to try family therapy. She caused more damage in those 10 minutes than she could ever imagine. We came to her on a recommendation and should of done more research.
in Islip, NY |
Most condescending, dismissive professional I've ever encountered. I don't think she heard a single word I said after she'd decided what she thought my problem was, and she mis-medicated me terribly. I can only imagine how detrimental she is to younger patients.
Have you seen Dr. Karin Burkhard, MD?
Are you Dr. Burkhard?