Dr. Karin Burkhard, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 65

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Karin Burkhard, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Hauppauge, NY and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Dartmouth College medical school in 1984. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Karin Burkhard, MD

Dr. Burkhard's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Burkhard

2.3

Dr. Burkhard

I've been a client of Dr. Burkhard's for over 5 years now and if there's one thing I've noticed, it's that she cares about one thing and one thing only: money. This is the last straw. I asked to see her before I moved out of state to check in and refill my prescriptions. The secretary said she couldn't fit in an appointment but could do a phone session, which was fine with me. However, Dr. Burkhard kept the conversation short, 7 minutes to be exact, yet charged me $180 for the "45 minute" session?? After calling multiple times demanding an explanation, the secretary said she claimed my conversation was "extended and complex." I then demanded to speak to her instead and was sent to voicemail. Dr. Burkhard did not have the guts to return my call, instead she sent me a snarky, unprofessional letter degrading and blaming me and said I should seek another psychiatrist. Just goes to show how much she really cares about her long-term client. So glad to never see or speak to her again!!
Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karin Burkhard, MD?
Excellent! While I can understand how some people may think she comes off condescending, I believe perhaps they did not want to hear what she was telling them. She is extremely bright, and as a diagnostician for my child, her insight and recommendations spot on & helped immensely. She is well versed on medications AND natural supplements, including brands whose proprietary make-up work best. Very quick response to get letter for school, as well. Genomind DNA testing,Ask questions of her if
Long Island , NY – Nov 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karin Burkhard, MD?
Very condescending. Very insulting. Very negative. Exceptionally bad experience.
Oct 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karin Burkhard, MD?
She basically saved my life. She gets right down to the root problem. I guess some people cant handle what needs to be done in order to properly help someone but I went in with an open mind and willingness to let her do her work. It took a few tries but she seemed to know me better than I knew myself every step of the way. I cannot explain the debt I owe to her. I would not be here if it wasnt for her help. She uncovered that a previous psychiatrist was treating me with the wrong meds.
Sep 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karin Burkhard, MD?
I, like most people, have trouble opening up to someone I don't know. At our first appointment I told her I had just gone through a break up but didn't want to get into it right then. But instead of trying to understand me she repeatedly asked questions about the relationship like a nosy neighbor would. Now correct me if I'm wrong but this is not how a mental health professional should handle a patient. I wish this site would let me write more because I could go on and on.
Beth – Aug 27, 2018
BEWARE!!!!
Smithtown, NY – Oct 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karin Burkhard, MD?
Easily the most condescending, pessimistic, dismissive health provider with whom I have had the misfortune of crossing paths. Save yourself potential harm & know that Karin: 1. Exhibits consistent tendency to focus on & exaggerate negative elements of situations. 2. Does not direct any effort to fulfilling easy requests (e.g. to converse even briefly with psychologists). 3. Belittles patients with eye-rolling & condescending language. 4. Eliminates confidence in part by not answering questions.
Long Island, NY – May 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karin Burkhard, MD?
Is it possible to give no stars? she was condescending and dismissive. School recommended her, what a joke. Had some valid points, however treated me like I was the worst parent and repeatedly told me after asking questions I don't have a crystal ball, I can't answer that. She just kept asking if I read her report. Yes I read report I have questions & questions about medication & diagnosis. Told me to look it up online. People pay out of pocket for her services? Online less condescending
Mar 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karin Burkhard, MD?
She spent 10 minutes speaking with our daughter, did not have any background on the home situation and told her that because she was going to college in 5 months there was no reason why she should come back home. Instead she told us to try family therapy. She caused more damage in those 10 minutes than she could ever imagine. We came to her on a recommendation and should of done more research.
jean in Huntington, NY – Mar 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karin Burkhard, MD?
Most condescending, dismissive professional I've ever encountered. I don't think she heard a single word I said after she'd decided what she thought my problem was, and she mis-medicated me terribly. I can only imagine how detrimental she is to younger patients.
L in Islip, NY – Feb 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karin Burkhard, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Burkhard?