Dr. Karim Touijer, MD

Dr. Karim Touijer, MD

Oncology  ·
Male
Dr. Karim Touijer, MD is an oncology specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Hassan Institute Of Medical Sciences, Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences in 1992 and specializes in oncology and urology.

300 E 66th St

New York, NY 10065

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Touijer

See how frequently Dr. Touijer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Kidney Cancer
Urinary Disorders
Prostate Cancer

Dr. Touijer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Touijer "I am a surgeon who specializes in the treatment of genitourinary cancers (prostate, kidney, bladder, testis, and adrenals). My primary interest is the study of innovative minimally invasive surgical techniques -- such as laparoscopy, robotic-assisted laparoscopy, and image-guided therapies -- to treat prostate, kidney, bladder, testicular, and adrenal cancers. I am an expert in the use of advanced laparoscopic surgical techniques to treat urologic cancers. The types of surgery I perform include: Nerve Sparing Laparoscopic or Robotic Radical Prostatectomy (removal of the prostate) for prostate cancer Laparoscopic Radical Cystectomy (removal of the bladder) and Urinary Diversion for invasive bladder cancer Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy (removal of the tumor only and preserving the rest of the kidney) for kidney cancers. I am fortunate to have world-class colleagues from medical oncology, radiology, and radiation oncology with whom I work closely in a multidisciplinary fashion to offer the best treatment for our patients. My clinical research focuses on the comparison of minimally invasive surgery to conventional open surgery with regards to cancer control and impact on the quality of life of our patients. An additional focus of my research is the development of continuous quality improvement and assessing its impact on surgical outcome. After a completing a fellowship in urologic oncology and advanced laparoscopic oncology at MSKCC, I joined the attending staff of MSKCC's Urology Service in 2004. I am board certified by the American Board of Urology, a member of the Society of Urologic Oncology, the American Urological Association, the European Association of Urology, and other national and international societies; additionally I serve as a reviewer for a number of peer-reviewed urology and cancer journals."

• Oncology

• TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Hassan Institute Of Medical Sciences, Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1992

Dr. Touijer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Touijer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Touijer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Touijer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Touijer to family and friends

Dr. Touijer's Performance

I had my prostate removed 4/3/17. Today I went for my follow up. Cancer free. Dr Touijer is truly a rock star. From the get go he told me exactly what was gonna happen and he nailed it. His staff is beyond amazing. Dr touijer never minced words. He told me I had advanced cancer but yet his...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
An experienced, compassionate surgeon. I had an aggressive prostate cancer that had not metastasized and Dr. Touijer performed a radical prostatectomy before it matatasized.
I absolutely LOVE Dr. TOUIJER. He is so caring and has amazing people skills
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Touijier, is a lovely, kind, gentle man. He is a brilliant Doctor who treated me with consideration and intelligence. I had a dual problem, my gaul bladder needed to come out but during the process they found renal cancer. I was having a laparscopic surgery and Dr. Touijer contacted Dr....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
It has now been over three years since prostate surgery. I waited this period of time so I could reflect purposefully on the operation and follow-up. I was most impressed with the surgery leaving the hospital in less than 24 hours with little to no pain and without the need to take any medication....more
Are you Dr. Touijer?