Dr. Karim Paracha, MD

Laparoscopic Surgery •  Male • Age 46

Dr. Paracha

Karim A. Paracha, M.D.

4 Technology Dr Ste 240 East Setauket, NY 11733

Dr. Karim Paracha, MD is a Laparoscopic Surgery Specialist in East Setauket, NY. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Huntington Hospital and Long Island Community Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Paracha to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Laparoscopic Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital

Dr. Paracha's Top Procedures and Conditions

Abscess

Dr. Paracha treats Abscess more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Paracha treats this condition more than 92% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Abdominal Abscess
  • Rectal Abscess
  • Renal Abscess
  • Retroperitoneal Abscess
  • Retropharyngeal Abscess
Hide other areas of care
Intestinal Abscess

• Anorectal Abscess
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Appendicitis
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Ulcer
  • Ulcerative Colitis

Dr. Paracha accepts

Dr. Paracha accepts the following insurance:

HealthFirst
Locals (any local)
Oscar Insurance Corporation
Quality Health Plans

Dr. Paracha's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Paracha

Dr. Paracha?
Dr. Paracha was exceptional. I needed emergency surgery to correct an intestine blockage. Dr Paracha was not working at the time I was admitted, but after a call from a family member that also had a similar surgery with Dr Paracha, he immediately responded and completed my surgery. I had adhesions throughout my intestines which doubled the time of my surgery to properly remove all of the scar tissue. I am so grateful Dr Paracha completed my surgery. He saved my life and also increased the quality of my life moving forward. He made me feel comfortable before and after surgery by taking the time to help me understand each step of my surgery and recovery. Thank you.
Alan Cardinale Jr – Nov 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
I was lucky enough to have Dr Paracha as my surgeon while I was admitted in St Charles Hospital with Acute Pancreatitis and Gallbladder disease which led to the need to remove my Gallbladder..Due to his pristine attention to detail, he basically saved my life and prevented any further serious medical issues. I had to continue care after my discharge and go in for an additional surgery with him and everything went perfectly! I thank God that I met Dr Paracha and his staff; they really care about their patients and will go above and beyond to make sure everything you need is taken care of in a timely matter. You will without a doubt be in the best hands under his care!
Laura Simeone – Oct 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
Dr. Paracha was excellent. I had my gallbladder removed in an emergency. The operation went very well. I went home the same day (not doctor recommended) and had no issues at all. The surgery was on a Friday night at 8:00 and I left the hospital by midnight. There was very little pain and I went to work on Monday. I had a follow up in his office 10 days later and the office experience was very pleasant as well. The wait was short and the doctor went over the procedure and what did and found. I highly recommend Dr. Paracha based on my experience.
John DiSalvo – Sep 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
I can’t say enough about Dr. Paracha. We I first visited him, I was very nervous but he was so warm and friendly. He explained in detail that I would need 3 Hernia Repairs and that it would be done Lapaoscopic, after listening to him he put my mind at ease. I found him to be very knowledgable and so gentle, I said, okay, lets do it. Well, my Surgury is completed everything went so well and I have it all to thank you, Dr. Paracha. Your very Professional and very Skilled in what you, not only what you do as a Surgeon but your mannerism and your patience. Dr. Paracha, your an excellent Surgeon, thank you so much. As far as the Office is concerned they also have been wonderful. Very Professional Staff, Liz and Danna helpful, kind and very efficient to answering to any questions you might and if it’s something they can’t answer they notify Dr. Paracha and they get back to you right away. Overhaul, can’t say enough, just fortunate I made an excellent choice.
Lorraine Bartek – Sep 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
Dr. Paracha and his professional staff were by far the best experience for myself and my mom. She ended up having surgery by Dr. Paracha after another colleague didn’t think she needed it. My gut told me that Dr. Paracha's opinion was spot-on and we were correct to assume so. He was on the phone with me personally after Covid-19 prevented anyone from going to the hospital to be with the patient. The office did all the leg work to make sure my mom's insurance was set and their follow through was nothing but wonderful ....I would definitely recommend him and his office and have told my friends and family to use him in the future!!!!! Thank you :)
Loraine Moffa – Aug 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
Dr. Paracha was excellent. During his laparoscopic resection of my colon, it was necessary for him to first delicately remove considerable scar tissue from my prostate surgery 11 years before. He devoted the first 1 1/2 hours of the procedure to scar tissue removal. Because of his skill, I was able to leave the hospital in just two days. Two weeks after my surgery, I am doing fine and have returned to a regular diet. In addition to his surgical competence, he was very reassuring and enlightening prior to and after the procedure. Moreover, his office staff is extremely helpful and courteous. Thank you. Vito Minei - July,2020
Vito Minei – Aug 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
Dr. Paracha was great from the start. He was very attentive and knowledgeable. He answered all of my questions and made me feel extremely comfortable and confident. His office staff was equally amazing, so friendly and accommodating.
Bryanna White – Jul 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
De. Paracha was absolutely amazing! He listened to my concerns and understood exactly what I was going through. Most importantly, he did right by me. After surgery I felt so much better!
Kattoprani – Jul 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
Dr. Paracha is an excellent doctor. Had to have my appendix removed, and a hernia repaired at the same time. He took his time to explain everything about the procedures, and answered any questions I had. His staff at his office are also very helpful, kind, and professional, just like himself.
Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
Made me feel very comfortable, both with his office visits and in the hospital prior to and following surgery. The office staff is very professional and attended to my needs.
Feb 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
Dr. Paracha is an exceptional doctor and surgeon.He answered all of my questions patiently and thoroughly. He treated my condition with great care and compassion. Dr. Paracha addressed my concerns prior to, during, and after surgery. I could not have received better care from the time he first treated my condition during a 12 day hospital stay, during surgery several weeks later, and follow up visit post surgery. Also of importance to me was his office staff. They contacted Dr. Paracha with any questions I had. Either they would get in touch with Dr. Paracha and call me with an answer or Dr. Paracha would call me directly. Very efficient office staff. I highly recommend Dr. Paracha for anyone needing a surgical consult and/or surgery.
R. Sherry in Port Jefferson, NY – Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
Showed great kindness and concern to my elderly father
Kim Riley Murphy – Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
Upon a random appendix attack, I had to have urgent appendix surgery. I had never had surgery before and i was in extreme pain, so I was incredibly nervous. However, Dr Paracha was incredibly kind and empathetic, which helped to put my mind at ease during this stressful time. During my post op, he took the time to explain the procedure to me, show me pictures from the actual surgery, and explain my post op instructions. Dr Paracha truly made a terrifying experience a lot less scary for me and i will be forever grateful.
Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
My daughter was rushed to the ER at St.Charles Hospital with severe abdominal pain. We were advised that she would need her appendix removed. The ER staff contacted the surgeon. Initially, I was a bit nervous, not knowing who the surgeon was. When Dr.Paracha showed up, I was immediately at ease. He was kind, explained thoroughly what he needed to do, and how my daughter's post surgical discomfort would be addressed and her recovery process. He reported to me immediately after her surgery. He was also wonderful and sensitive to my 17 year old daughter's feelings. At her post op check up, he again explained (for her benefit, now that she was awake and not in pain) everything he had done and what her restrictions were for the remainder of her recovery. I am so thankful that Dr. Paracha was the surgeon who showed up to help my daughter. I highly recommend him to anyone who has the time to choose their surgeon and I would certainly choose him if ever faced with the need for surgery.
Jacki Galante in Rocky Point , NY – Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
I don’t think there are any other words that best describes Dr Paracha is AMAZING
Yolanda B – Sep 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
Dr.paracha is a top notch doctor and person would highly recommend him he did a great job on me
michael e larsen st james ny – Jul 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
Dr. Paracha, performed an appendectomy on my wife a few weeks ago. He was assigned to us at Mather hospital. From the very beginning of the experience he took the time to answer all of our questions, explain the procedure in detail, and make any complications crystal-clear so that we could make an informed decision. The surgery went well and once again he did an exemplary job explaining all of the details to me after the surgery and helping me to set up next steps. His office staff was courteous and efficient at helping us obtain the paperwork we needed. Follow up visits went very well with a very short wait time in the office and another detailed examination. His bedside manner and personality put us at ease throughout the entire ordeal. We would definitely recommend him to anyone having a similar type of surgery.
John and Ehm – Jul 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
He recently performed laparoscopic appendicitis surgery for me. Almost 2 weeks now. I absolutely had no problems post surgery. The surgery went smooth, he spoke to me before surgery and that gave me confidence that I am in right hands. Post surgery i requested for a letter for my crossfit to freeze my account as no strenuous workout for 10 weeks. Within few hours his office sent it on my mail. His office also seems very proactive. Overall an excellent experience.
May 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
Wonderful, caring and gifted doctor and staff. Would highly recommend.
Susan Beltrani in Mount Sinai – Mar 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?
I had five surgeries with Dr. Paracha, so I feel confident in reviewing him! ?? So, what can I say? He’s great! I have had no issues or problems after his surgeries, he was more than able to handle any trouble I had healing with humor and a sense that he really cared. He’s serious when necessary, humorous when needed and gentle when called for. Those are qualities that I find absolutely necessary in a doctor in order for me to trust & recommend to family & friends. And I highly recommen!
Dianne Taggart in Holbrook, NY – Dec 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karim Paracha, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Paracha?

• Laparoscopic Surgery