Dr. Karen Zempolich, MD

Dr. Karen Zempolich, MD

Gynecologic Oncology  |
Female

Dr. Karen Zempolich, MD is a gynecologic oncology doctor who practices in Salt Lake City, UT. She has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Zempolich is affiliated with Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, St. Mark's Hospital, Intermountain Medical Center and Ogden Regional Medical Center.

Monarch Womens Cancer Center

• Ameriben
  • American Heritage
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Baptist Health Services Group
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Caremark Pharmacy
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Zempolich

Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve.

Video

Dr. Zempolich's Experience

Dr. Zempolich's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gynecologic Oncology

• Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Cryosurgery
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Vaginal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopy
  • Laser Ablation
  • Lymph Node Dissection for Endometrial Cancer (Uterine Cancer)
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vulvectomy
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Duke University School of Medicine Durham NC
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • University of Utah School of Medicine - Salt Lake City
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University of Utah School of Medicine - Salt Lake City
  • Southe rn California
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Zempolich has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Zempolich does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zempolich and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zempolich's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zempolich to family and friends
Dr. Zempolich's Performance
in Salt Lake City, Ut |
Dr Zemplich was very kind. She listened to my concerns. Her bedside care was amazing. I would recommend her to all my friends and family.
in Salt Lake City |
I first saw Dr. Zempolich back in 2002 after some spots were discovered in a routine yearly exam. From the first visit, she put me at ease and explained everything that she was going to do. She did two biopsies and the results came back cancer. She told me that I needed to have surgery, she drew out and explained everything that she would be doing. From my very first visit I put my complete faith and trust in her. She has been wonderful all these years, I have been cancer free 15 years now!
in Logan, UT |
You know when you hear that "C" word your world stops for just a moment. No one wants to hear the word cancer. I am so thankful for Dr. Zempolich and the great care she gave me. She made me feel at ease, explained in detail the situation and helped me through the entire process. Her staff is remarkable as well. Dr. Zempolich - thank you again for everything.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Zimpolich was personable, positive, and concerned for my personal well-being. I was treated as if I was the only patient she had to see. Later, when I had surgery, I was still respected, talked with, not to, and am grateful to the skillful surgery of Dr. Zimpolich and her colleagues. She is number one in my book, and no one needs to feel afraid when they have such an advocate. She saved my life and made me feel as if she cared for me as much as my own family!
in Idaho Falls, ID |
I am a nurse. I have taken care of many patients with cancer but never thought i would have tjis diagnosis. Dr. Zempolich and her team not only treated me with expertise but also with compassion. They took interest in me and spent time to explain things, answer my questions, and they comforted me when I cried. She didnt just treat my cancer they treated me, a person. I would highly recommend Dr. Zempolich and her team
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr Zempolich is caring and I highly recommend her. When experiencing this health care stress, she explains information and does all she can to help ease the burden. She is thorough in her explanations and is very receptive to my contributions. So glad she is part of my team. Love her!
Salt Lake City, UT |
I love Dr Zempolich. She listens. Takes time. Is incredibly knowledable. She is comforting and a straight shooter. This is how physicians should be!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I am so happy with the care and assistance given by Dr. Zempolich and the entire staff at Monarch Women's Cancer Center.
I love going here. Everyone always treats you very nice. I get an appointment when I want one with no problems. The office is really nice and comfortable. I trust them with my health and feel good when I leave there that everything is good. They always take time to talk to you and ask if you have any questions.
in South Jordan, UT |
Dr. Zempolich is one of the best Dr.s I have ever seen. She listens to what I have to say, she explains everything to me in ways I can understand, she follows up with me when I've had a procedure done. She cares about her patients. She is excellent at her job.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I absolutely love Dr. Zempolich and her staff. She always answers any questions you have about your surgery or treatment. I have and will continue to recommend her to anyone I know that is in need of a gynecologic oncologist. Also I love her for no other reason than she saved my life.
Idaho Falls, ID |
Had radical hysterectomy by Dr. Z. in March. Cannot recommend her more highly! Personable, informative and very kind, I felt very secure in her care. Hopefully, I won't need to see her :) anymore, but would be happy to return.
West Jordan, UT |
Very helpful and skilled. Disorganized office and very long wait. Appointments frequently changed.
Thank you for your feedback. The care and experience you have in our office is of our utmost importance. We are extremely concerned with your recent experience and would like to hear from you. Please contact the Practice Manager at 801-743-4744 or at jennifer.foulger@hcahealthcare.com
Loa, UT |
I am extremely likely to refer family and friends to her. I was very impressed with how quickly I was able to get an appointment with Dr. Zempolich being a new patient. The paperwork was timely but did not take a great deal of time. My first and only appointment was o time and very efficient. I was being talked to examined or having questions answered the full two hours of the appointment. Dr. Zempolich was very thorough, pleasant and knowledgeable regarding my health issues.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Personable, professional, clear and direct communication. She was thorough, competent and expedient in addressing all concerns, scheduling screenings and giving timely feedback.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Zempolich was personally insensitive, interrupted me while I was trying to tell her about my symptoms, and ended up giving me general statistics instead of offering a specific analysis of my MRI images. I have a massive uterine tumor that could be cancerous, which is why I was referred to her, but she was lackadaisical about scheduling surgery, and then bumped me even later. I would never recommend this doctor. A cancer doc needs to be kind and conscientiousness. Dr. Zempolich is neither.
in Centerville, UT |
She is the best laparoscopic surgeon around - I had very little pain and very small incisions with my hysterectomy. She has an excellent bedside manner - very caring and she is also very thorough and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend her.
in Cottonwood Heights, UT |
Starting with my first consultation to the end of my care from her, I had a very satisfying experience. She explained my diagnostic tests and completely. Subsequently, she did my surgery which was a complete success. If you want the best gyno-oncologist, she is the very best in the valley!
Have you seen Dr. Karen Zempolich, MD?

Visit Dr. Zempolich

• Ameriben
  • American Heritage
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Baptist Health Services Group
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
    Worker's Compensation WC
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
  • EBMS
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Fidelis Care
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Utah
  • HealthSmart
  • Inter Valley Health Plan
  • International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Marsh Affinity Group Services
    Molina
  • Mutual of Omaha
  • North America Administrators (NAA)
  • Operating Engineers Health & Welfare Plan
  • PEHP
  • PHCS
  • Physicians' Care Network
    Physicians Care Network
  • Principal Life
  • Private HealthCare Systems
  • Public Employees Health Plan (PEHP)
    Summit