Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD

Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD

Internal Medicine | Female | 44 years old

We believe in taking care of our patients as our priorityRead more

Dr. Thampoe's Experience

See how Dr. Thampoe's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Thampoe

Dr. Thampoe accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Thampoe has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Thampoe
Dr. Thampoe's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (141)
in 3967 Sundown Lane Austin, TX 78701 |
My appointment with Dr. K went better than expected. Office wasn't busy when I visited. Thanks doc!
in 2064 Charla Lane Dallas, TX 75240 |
The office can get pretty busy... but Dr. Thampoe is always available when I need to visit
in 2541 Alexander Drive Wichita Falls, TX 76301 |
Ever since I moved to Katy Dr. Thampoe has been my primary doctor. Could not be more pleased with her and her team!
in 4491 Olen Thomas Drive Wichita Falls, TX 76308 |
Doctor was super nice :)
in 4669 Oakridge Lane Richardson, TX 75081 |
My kids hate going to see the doctor... except when we visit Dr. Thampoe. They feel comfortable with her and the staff!
in 4933 Clair Street Bynum, TX 76631 |
Office was really busy when I came in... all in all a good visit to the doc.
in Dhaka, C |
I went to Katy Primary Care for an annual check up. Staff was friendly, only waited 10-15 minutes before seeing Dr. Thampoe. I will be going back soon!
in Katy, TX |
I went in for an annual checkup. Staff was friendly, only waited for 10-15 minutes before seeing Dr. Thampoe. I'll be going back soon!
Houston, TX |
Do not go see this doctor. I've overheard the way she talks about her patients. I had an office visit and was practically forced to go through with a preventative care physical that I did not want to do. Ended up getting a huge bill for tests I didn't even get results for and that I didn't want in the first place. Waste of time and my money. Go to a doctor that wants to help not get paid.
in Houston, TX |
I was there for my annual physical exam but i was charged on my sick visit, because I had a discussion with the doctor about my concerns on fatigue. My concept of annual exam is to share your concerns with the doctor, Now you have to be careful with this office. Besides, she insisted me to follow up personally even though if i am all right. I spent 1 hr waiting, but only 5 min to get a Vitamin, will full office charge. The office didn't respond to my billing questions until the third time.
Katy, TX |
I have nothing but raves for Dr. Thampoe and the entire office. As an emergency, first time patient, my experience was wonderful. I was given an immediate appointment and was seen early in the morning. Dr. Thampoe's attention to detail and her quick, accurate diagnosis was much appreciated. She took numerous tests in office with fast results. Her bedside manner was wonderful
Katy, TX |
The best Physician I have ever seen in my life. She is highly courteous and very knowledgeable. She practices internal medicine and primary care. I could highly recommend her to anybody without any hesitation.
Katy, TX |
Best primary care physician in the area. This doctor discovered my sleep apnea problem, and has resulted in significant improvements in my daily life. I have never seen a physician as compassionate and indulgent as she is. She was highly recommended by a friend of mine to whom I am ever grateful. She has a busy practice and was hard to get an early appointment but the wait was well worth it.
Katy, TX |
She has exceeded all of our expectations as a internal medicine doctor. I never believed I will ever in my life, find a doctor as good as she is. It is hard to imagine that a physician like this could exist in a vastly commercialized and a materialistic world we live in. She is most certainly out of this world. She has a superior knowledge compared to all of my previous physicians in primary care. She took time to explain what exactly the issue with me was.
Katy, TX |
As a colleague of Dr. Thampoe, I can clearly state that she is an excellent clinician with an exceptional reputation among her peers in terms of care of complex patients. She has been noted to be generous with people and with her time, humble, and deeply caring and dedicated. Other facets central to her excellence included being honest, being nonjudgmental, genuinely caring, treating all patients equally, She is an exemplary doctor and by far the best I've ever known.
Katy, TX |
Dr. Thampoe is a wonderful, compassionate and knowledgeable physician who has an amazing ability to simplify and explain my condition. She motivated me to diet, exercise and accepted medications that I was hesitant to take but now understands how they help me and I am extremely compliant with them. Her staff and office are also great.
Sugar Land, TX |
My husband and I have been with Dr. Thampoe for 5 years and we love her because she is the most caring doctor we have seen anywhere. She gives accurate answers to our questions and is very experienced. Her front office is courteous and helpful. We recommend Dr. Thampoe highly.
Katy, TX |
Dr. Thampoe is the best doctor I ever have. She diagnosed me correctly and gave me the right medication. I feel safe using the medication she gave me, and will further follow her advice
Sugar Land, TX |
I was seen by Dr. Thampoe for the first time today and was very pleased. She was very knowledgeable about a condition that I have that many other doctors aren't very familiar with - in fact, she mentioned that she specialized in it. I was happy to hear it as the condition calls for me to use Prednisone, a medication that I have been on for over 15 years. It is just my luck that she was recommended to me, as my long term internist is retiring.
in Katy, TX |
FRONT OFFICE STAFF SLOW AND UNTRAINED. DR DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HER PATIENTS WAIT TIMES WHILE SICK NOR DOES SHE CARE ABOUT HOW LONG THEY SIT IN HER OFFICE BEFORE BEING SEEN. VERY RUDE AND WOULD NEVER REFER TO THIS DR NOR GIVE MY BUSINESS TO THIS DR EVER!!!!!
Katy, TX |
wish i had seen the other bad reviews before going to this doctor. I went in for a preventive care exam and was told all the tests they did were covered by insurance but I received a bill of $400 from the insurance because none of the tests were covered. The doctor herself told me i wouldn't see any bills but I have already received two bills six months after my visit. The doctor only spent 2 minutes with me and billed the insurance $220 and i payed a office visit charge of $25.
Katy, TX |
My experience has been a unhappy one. The service is quick with poor, and even malfunctioning equipment. After a while, you may receive the bill even though you were told very upfront that all would be covered by insurance company and they have confirmed with insurance company before they conducted a number of services. When asked for receipt or statement about what they said, they rarely, if not never, provided those. Then bills came into your house again -it is quite annoying experience.
in Houston, TX |
DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. This doctor runs unnecessary tests without explanations, You will be charged with a BIG bill. She saw me only 5 seconds for follow-up and she did not even sit down! HORRIBLE bedside manner. THIS doctor wants just money NOT to take care of you!
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Thampoe was highly recommended to our Family by very close friends. She has a unique human touch that you don't find in a Physician. In addition to her wonderful personality, she is an experienced Doctor that knows what she's doing! We highly recommend Dr. Thampoe to anyone who is tired of dealing with cold robot like Doctors who don't connect with their patients, let alone know what they're doing.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Thampoe has no concern for her patient. She refuses to return a simple phone call when I have called to request to speak with her. I was in her office 2 weeks ago and asked about a sore, she disregarded it and told me it was nothing and looked like it was healing. It grew larger and I went to a dermatologist yesterday...he removed it and sent the Skin Cancer off to a lab.
in Katy, TX |
My wife and I have been going to Dr. Thampoe for more than a few years now and she is the best Doctor we have ever visited. She is caring, patient, up to date in her field, and is probably the best I have ever worked with at the diagnosis of existing and potential problems. In fact, I truly believe that because of his knowledge in his field, she kept my wife from having a stroke or worse.You cannot go wrong by choosing Dr. Karen Thampoe
in Katy, TX |
Absolutely can't say anything negative about Dr. Thampoe. She addressed all of my concerns and is working with me to correct my issues. I am so happy I went to see her. We didn't wait long. She talks with you and gets to know you and what is the true problem. Don't hesitate at all - you cannot go wrong with choosing her
Denver, CO |
I started going to West Houston Interna Medicine Assoc when I hurt my back. I was a walk in. I saw Dr. Thampoe and she had no problem helping me. She won't put you on a whole bunch of bad drugs but keeps up on better and newer things. I have been with her practice ever since I walked in that day and met her. My husband started going there and he really liked her too. She's got to be real good for that to happen! Anyway its a great place to go. I have no doubts in her treatment & knowledge!!!!
in Katy, TX |
I have been seeing Dr Thampoe for nearly 6 years and would highly recommend her and her practice. She is professional and very detailed. The staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Thampoe and her staff are all I could have hoped for in a medical practitioner. She has been my primary care physician for several years now and has always provided the absolute best care, and I believe, best advice and treatment for every issue. If you're looking for a doctor who has a vast knowledge in medicine, holds a genuine care for her patients and takes the time to analyze the whole person while maintaing a very efficient office, then Dr. Thampoe is someone I advise you to consider.
in Houston, TX |
Always a wait, even if the waiting room is empty. the staff cannot get the prescriptions to the pharmacy within a reasonable amount of time.
Have you seen Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
Are you Dr. Thampoe?

Compare Dr. Thampoe

Dr. Thampoe's Care Philosophy

We believe in taking care of our patients as our priority

Dr. Thampoe's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine

Completed in 2004

University Of California At Santa Barbara

Graduated in 1994

• Chinese

Dr. Thampoe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thampoe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Geriatric Medicine