Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD

Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD

Internal Medicine | Female

Learn about this Doctor

We believe in taking care of our patients as our priority   Read More

Dr. Thampoe's Experience

82Experience
Match

See how Dr. Thampoe's experience matches your preferences.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Thampoe

Dr. Thampoe accepts 10 insurance carriers

10 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Thampoe has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Thampoe

Dr. Thampoe's Review Details
    4.1 based on 141 responses
    Experience with Dr. Thampoe
    Dr. Thampoe's Office & Staff
      16 – 30 minutes (138)
    Sugar Land, TX |
    Dr. Thampoe has been my physician (and my husband's) for over 6 years. She is highly intelligent and caring. She does a fantastic job of connecting the dots and getting us the right treatment or getting us to the right specialist. In this day and age, Dr. Thampoe is a rarity.
    Sugar Land, TX |
    My husband and I have been with Dr. Thampoe for 5 years and we love her because she is the most caring doctor we have seen anywhere. She gives accurate answers to our questions and is very experienced. Her front office is courteous and helpful. We recommend Dr. Thampoe highly.
    Katy, TX |
    Dr. Thampoe is the best doctor I ever have. She diagnosed me correctly and gave me the right medication. I feel safe using the medication she gave me, and will further follow her advice
    Sugar Land, TX |
    I was seen by Dr. Thampoe for the first time today and was very pleased. She was very knowledgeable about a condition that I have that many other doctors aren't very familiar with - in fact, she mentioned that she specialized in it. I was happy to hear it as the condition calls for me to use Prednisone, a medication that I have been on for over 15 years. It is just my luck that she was recommended to me, as my long term internist is retiring.
    in Katy, TX |
    FRONT OFFICE STAFF SLOW AND UNTRAINED. DR DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HER PATIENTS WAIT TIMES WHILE SICK NOR DOES SHE CARE ABOUT HOW LONG THEY SIT IN HER OFFICE BEFORE BEING SEEN. VERY RUDE AND WOULD NEVER REFER TO THIS DR NOR GIVE MY BUSINESS TO THIS DR EVER!!!!!
    Katy, TX |
    wish i had seen the other bad reviews before going to this doctor. I went in for a preventive care exam and was told all the tests they did were covered by insurance but I received a bill of $400 from the insurance because none of the tests were covered. The doctor herself told me i wouldn't see any bills but I have already received two bills six months after my visit. The doctor only spent 2 minutes with me and billed the insurance $220 and i payed a office visit charge of $25.
    Katy, TX |
    My experience has been a unhappy one. The service is quick with poor, and even malfunctioning equipment. After a while, you may receive the bill even though you were told very upfront that all would be covered by insurance company and they have confirmed with insurance company before they conducted a number of "services". When asked for receipt or statement about what they said, they rarely, if not never, provided those. Then bills came into your house again -it is quite annoying experience.
    in Houston, TX |
    DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. This doctor runs unnecessary tests without explanations, You will be charged with a BIG bill. She saw me only 5 seconds for follow-up and she did not even sit down! HORRIBLE bedside manner. THIS doctor wants just money NOT to take care of you!
    in Katy, TX |
    Dr. Thampoe was highly recommended to our Family by very close friends. She has a unique human touch that you don't find in a Physician. In addition to her wonderful personality, she is an experienced Doctor that knows what she's doing! We highly recommend Dr. Thampoe to anyone who is tired of dealing with cold robot like Doctors who don't connect with their patients, let alone know what they're doing.
    in Houston, TX |
    Dr. Thampoe has no concern for her patient. She refuses to return a simple phone call when I have called to request to speak with her. I was in her office 2 weeks ago and asked about a sore, she disregarded it and told me it was nothing and looked like it was healing. It grew larger and I went to a dermatologist yesterday...he removed it and sent the Skin Cancer off to a lab.
    in Katy, TX |
    My wife and I have been going to Dr. Thampoe for more than a few years now and she is the best Doctor we have ever visited. She is caring, patient, up to date in her field, and is probably the best I have ever worked with at the diagnosis of existing and potential problems. In fact, I truly believe that because of his knowledge in his field, she kept my wife from having a stroke or worse.You cannot go wrong by choosing Dr. Karen Thampoe
    in Katy, TX |
    Absolutely can't say anything negative about Dr. Thampoe. She addressed all of my concerns and is working with me to correct my issues. I am so happy I went to see her. We didn't wait long. She talks with you and gets to know you and what is the true problem. Don't hesitate at all - you cannot go wrong with choosing her
    Denver, CO |
    I started going to West Houston Interna Medicine Assoc when I hurt my back. I was a walk in. I saw Dr. Thampoe and she had no problem helping me. She won't put you on a whole bunch of bad drugs but keeps up on better and newer things. I have been with her practice ever since I walked in that day and met her. My husband started going there and he really liked her too. She's got to be real good for that to happen! Anyway its a great place to go. I have no doubts in her treatment & knowledge!!!!
    in Katy, TX |
    I have been seeing Dr Thampoe for nearly 6 years and would highly recommend her and her practice. She is professional and very detailed. The staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.
    in Katy, TX |
    Dr. Thampoe and her staff are all I could have hoped for in a medical practitioner. She has been my primary care physician for several years now and has always provided the absolute best care, and I believe, best advice and treatment for every issue. If you're looking for a doctor who has a vast knowledge in medicine, holds a genuine care for her patients and takes the time to analyze the whole person while maintaing a very efficient office, then Dr. Thampoe is someone I advise you to consider.
    in Houston, TX |
    Always a wait, even if the waiting room is empty. the staff cannot get the prescriptions to the pharmacy within a reasonable amount of time.
    Have you seen Dr. Thampoe?
    Are you Dr. Thampoe? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Thampoe

Mamonides

Completed in 2004

University of California at Santa Barbara

Graduated in 1994

Dr. Thampoe has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Thampoe has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese
    ×

Dr. Thampoe's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Internal Medicine
    • No board certification on record with Healthgrades
    ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Thampoe

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Thampoe's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Thampoe

Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Thampoe's Care Philosophy

We believe in taking care of our patients as our priority