Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD

Internal MedicineFemaleAge 50

Internal Medicine

Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD is a Internal Medicine Specialist in Katy, TX and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from George Washington School Of Medicine medical school in 2001. She is affiliated with medical facilities Houston Methodist West Hospital and Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD

West Houston Internal Medicine Associates

21238 Kingsland Blvd Katy, TX 77450
Telehealth services available
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Internal Medicine Specialists

Compare Dr. Thampoe with our nearby Internal Medicine Specialists at HCA Houston Healthcare West.

Make an appointment at HCA Houston Healthcare West today at (281) 417-4665.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Houston Healthcare West.

Dr. Thampoe's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Thampoe

3.8

26.519337016574585%

Dr. Thampoe

Orders too many tests all done in her office
My first visit lasted from 9-2 pm. I was not told to fast or that my initial visit would last that long. They ran needless tests on me in the office to check my brain, hearing, balance, did a supposed full body scan, an echocardiogram, and when I complained of a cough and runny nose they did allergy testing and the doctor suggested I start allergy shots which I did not do but they billed Medicare anyway. My blood pressure was sky high and the doctor insisted I get on high blood pressure medication. I check my BP often and it’s never high. I also had been going to another doctor once a week for several weeks and they checked my BP each time and it was never high. The echocardiogram showed a problem with my heart but they didn’t notify me for 6 weeks. I didn’t feel comfortable returning to this office so I had the echocardiogram redone by a cardiologist who found the same problem but on the right side of my heart not the left as they told me. Go elsewhere for your care.
LeapofFaith – May 17, 2022
negative experience
Receptionist was pleasant enough, but wasn't sure about my co-pay and I had to pay a $30 difference. Dr. tried to give me antibiotics for no reason after all my tests were negative. The nurse almost drew blood on me with an ungloved hand, and did not sanitize her hands either until I complained. I was a new patient, Dr. entered the room did not introduce herself, she wasn't wearing a lab coat so I did not know she was the physician. She barely touched me when she examined me, did not even use her stethoscope, and never made eye contact for 3 mins and 45 seconds she spent with me. Definitely will NOT be returning there
Stacey Rutendo Nchanji – Apr 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
Courteous, professional staff, Dr. Thampoe was pleasant and helpful. No complaints!
C. R. Pierce – Jan 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
The office management is atrocious. I went to this doctor for two years. She pushes you to take unnecessary tests. Every visit I had to wait for at least an hour to see he for no more than 2 minutes each time. I had no time to discuss questions or issues with her as she appeared to be way over booked.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Feb 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
Aboslute scam of a practice. I came in as a new patient for a prescription medication I've been on most of my life. Took 2 hours from the time I walked in to leaving and these visit only take about 20 mins. They ran a bunch of unnecessary tests that no doctor has ever run for this type of visit, of course billed insurance $2500 and sent me a nice bill for the rest. Never have I had a doctor's office abuse insurance and run as many bogus tests as this office. I'm in great health and it was completely unnecessary. I should have listened to my gut and left immediately. They are only after your money. The doc saw me for less than 5 mins, wanted me to do some sleep study that was pointless, likely to charge me more, and was out the door. AVOID this place at all costs.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Scam of a practice – Oct 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
I saw the doctor once. There was no discussion over my lab results, but she called in 4 "prescriptions" for vitamins, though my levels were high in several of these areas. I had to go in, no appointment, to talk to someone, not the doctor, about these prescriptions and was told that 3 of 4 were a mistake and that I should not take them. These "prescriptions" were done through a pharmacy no one has heard of and had to be delivered, paid for in advance, and I had no idea what they were because the doctor did not talk to me even when I called to ask. All tests for my physical were billed to out-of-network businesses, costing me over $2,000 after insurance. Then it has taken almost 2 months of requests to have my medical records sent to a new doctor without success, all paperwork is properly filled out. I went in to Dr. Thampoe's office in person to request my record and was told that they charge a fee of $175 for medical record copies. This is against medical board requirements.
Sep 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
My son has been going to this physician for at least two years. They never bill the proper insurance, and when I call them and leave messages, they don’t call back. They also have an INVALID email that you are supposed to use for billing concerns. She might be a good doctor, but the billing and customer service are AWFUL. I have worked in healthcare for 25 years. This is the first time I’ve been compelled to do an online review. Unacceptable.
Jun 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
Excellent service. Love al of the staff. Dr thompee isvery personalble. Hughlyrecommend.
Debbie in Katy, TX – Nov 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
I don't know how can she get those stars. My 1st-time visit was horrible. Waiting for 2 hours but see her 20 seconds. Those 20 seconds visit she charged $530 plus $100 lab work. I have not received the lab report until now but the bills. I was naive to gave her 2nd chance. But it turns out the same. She did not even come but only the nurse, and lab work was ridiculous expensive and useless. Her manager knows nothing even the bill. So don't see her.
katy, TX – Sep 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
This place doesn't even deserve a star. It was my first time coming to see Dr. Thampoe. The doctor spends the most five minutes not to mention the waiting time for the doctor to come in in the examination room. My appointment was at 11:40 am and i left the office at 1:35pm. The doctor and nurses totally forgot about that i was in the waiting room is not until a came out. everyone in the front office ignored that i was there standing and is when i said is somebody going to help me. They fetch t
Joanna in katy, TX – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
Dr Karen Thampoe is very thorough with her care for me and my relatives. I have been with her a very long time. Love her down to earth nature also
Bridgette Talley in Katy, TX – Oct 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
One hour waiting time every time. Poor scheduling, horrible organization, lack of responsiveness and misdiagnosis. Finding an alternative for my mother that has their act together. This place definitely does not.
Ron in Katy, TX – Jun 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
A complete joy. The Dr. always has a smile on her face which puts you at ease. I find that she always has time to answer my questions in a fashion that you do not require a medical degree to understand. She takes her time and does not make you feel hurried which I appreciate. After seeing several Doctors that I did not care for in several ways. I feel I won the lotto with Dr. Thampoe. I look forward to a long Doctor patient relationship. I would feel awful if I did not mention her staff.
Robert Alan Johnson in Katy, TX – May 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
Dr Thampoe has been my doctor for more than 7 years. I completely trust her and her care. She listens well, is open to suggestions, takes time to answer questions. I never feel rushed when I see her. I feel like Dr Thampoe is a partner with me in my health care.
Sarah Bailey – Apr 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
I have gone to Dr. Thampoe twice for a yearly physical. She is prompt for the appointment time. She spent time with me, she was not rushed or hurried. She asked questions and listened to me. She was very through and I would highly recommend her.
Dorothy Kelley – Mar 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
She is a genuine person who provides logical guidance to her patience. I found her by chance online, gave it a shot, and she's probably been my most memorable and supportive doctor I've had ever.
Nancy Bayer – Mar 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
She was a very patient doctor, listened to all of my concerns and helped me out tremendously. I am thankful for her services and definitely recommend her as a doctor.
Amira Mercado – Mar 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
I have not come across any other caring doctor like Dr. Thampoe She is very gentle, intelligent and a great listener. She examined me and also listened to my emotional problems that I shared with her and suggested ways out to help me. She was very patient with me and made me feel at home. I am very impressed by the way she cared for and treated me.
Louise Lawler – Mar 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
The employees are so unprofessional here. Took 7 phone call 2 visits 3 faxes, Still got the referral wrong. They are clueless, kept no record. I had to give same information 3 times. Unbelievable, I will need to find a different Doctor for my father. The Doctor has no time to listen.
Mohi in Katy, TX – Mar 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?
I will never go back. No bedside manner at all. Doesn't seem to care or listen. Insist on a lot of tests. Her staff is terrible too. The gal that drew my blood, did something wrong. Ruined by white blouse with blood. The reviews like mine are accurate. I can't imagine having a good experience there. I warned you.
Becky in Katy, TX – Jan 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Thampoe, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Thampoe?