Dr. Karen Smith, MD

Rheumatology | Female

Eastside Rheumatology 3270 Joe Battle Blvd Ste 185 El Paso, TX 79938 Get Directions
Dr. Karen Smith, MD
Dr. Karen Smith, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in El Paso, TX. She is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Sierra Providence East Medical Center.

Dr. Smith's Experience

See how Dr. Smith's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Smith is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Smith has admitting privileges.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Smith's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in El Paso, TX |
So professional in explaining your care, tests needed and most of all listening to you explain what you're going through.
in El Paso, TX |
This Dr does not even deserve 1 star. She is totally unprofessional and has no bedside manner. She has spoken of other patients to me and uses them as examples of what not to do. Her staff is extremely rude and don't care how they treat patients. Today was my last visit with her and when I tried to calmly tell her how I felt, she simply stood up and said, "okay, you can ask your primary to refer you to someone else". Then walked out of the room. No apologies for her staff or my concerns. RUDE!
El Paso, TX |
I love Dr. Smith! As a healthcare provider myself I know a good physician when I talk with them. She diagnosed my problem after months of uncertainty and a week long hospitalization. Once I began her treatment regiment I began to improve within 2 months. I have had to change medications a few times and she was always quick to address my concerns. I wish her staff was better. Her MA is pretty friendly but the receptionist/office manager is a rude and hateful. But, she is worth it.
in El paso, tx |
Dr. Smith has been my rheumatologist for 8 yrs. She is an awesome Dr. but over time staff members were replaced with new staff members and the quality of that office is poorly run. In July 2016 the receptionist mentioned to me that my insurance wasn't paying and that I couldn't go back until all the claims were paid off so for 8 months I haven't been able to see her, last week I finally had an appt. and was turned down rudely because the referral expired in Feb. I no longer see Dr Smith.
El Paso, TX |
Everything you read here about Dr. Smith and her staff is true. She is awesome but her office staff is the absolute worst. They are more concerned with keeping the front door locke and getting their lunch than assisting patients. The exception is the nurse that works with Dr. Smith. She is very polite and helpful.
I adore this lovely doctor. She was my doctor for ten years. I only stopped seeing her when she moved away. It took ages to find someone even half as good to replace her. Such a shame that her staff is driving down her numbers. I hope that she or her bosses realize that her staff, and not her, is compromising her grade.
in El Paso, TX |
Office staff is extremely rude. No bedside manner or empathy. I have been a patient of Doctor Smith for 5 years. She is a good doctor, but it is almost impossible to get through on the phone. I had an issue with my medication and the receptionist refused to help. She said there was nothing she could do, and would not put me through to the dr. In the end she ended up hanging up on me.
El Paso, TX |
Front staff she has working there are beyond rude and ignorant don't even greet you when you come in I've never dealt with such poor customer service or people skills would definitely consider changing Dr's if it didn't take 9 months or so to get a new one her staff is horrible!!!
in El Paso, TX |
Dr. Smith was my doctor for years. She's a very caring Doctor except I felt each time I saw her I was being schooled on how to be a vegan. But as a doctor, I would have liked for her to discuss with me my labs, tell me why my joints are swollen etc...I never got that. Her office dismissed me cause I missed 3appointments within the years I was with her...when asked what I was to do since she had just prescribed a new medication, I was told rudely to look for another doctor by her staff.
in El Paso TX |
Don't understand the negative reviews. Dr. Karen Smith is cheerful, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, caring and patient. One of the best doctors I have encountered. She takes the time to explain thisings in as much detail as possible, considering the patient's level of medical expertise. Highly recommended, worth the wait for an appointment.
in El Paso, TX |
called today and told to call back in a month for a possible appt in July. unprofessional receptionist. cant make appt unless i call back in 30 days!! dont think Dr. Smith is aware of her staffs behavior. if she is, well........ i was a patient 5 years ago. and not much has changed. Dr. Smith was very thorough, if cold, regarding my diagnosis and treatment. I do recall her being very concise and firm on particular treatment option. I am sure she is a great doctor. staff, not so much
in El Paso, TX |
I am very disappointed. I am shocked. I waited so long to see this Dr and heard she was the best. Today I just got kicked out of her office. They said me, my Mom and Sister all missed our apt, it was at 12 not 1. This was not true. I have never missed an apt. I am very organized. Her staff has always been rude. They only are nice to people who speak spanish. They always made mistakes and somehow it was the patients fault. My Mother is very sick and got turned away 3 times. They had planned this.
El Paso, TX |
Horrible service! The front desk is the most disrespectful and rude medical staff I have ever encountered. Completely disappointed with the work etiquette of the front desk. I am in disbelief that a person can be so uncaring of others. If someone even has the need to be seen by a specialist it is due to health hardship and the last thing one should pass through is even more grief from an uneducated and uncivilized employee. I feel bad for the doctor who is getting a horrible reputation due to he
in El Paso |
Dr. Smith is a wonderful doctor, all around. She has diagnosed my problem and successfully treated me where I have tried every doctor in town and no sure diagnosis could be made. I will and have highly recommended Dr. Smith to alot of people. The only thing that is frustrating is I have been calling their phone number for a few days and it's telling me the phone has been disconnected and I need the dr s. Authorization at the pharmacy to refill my methotrexate injection. I hope she is still in bu
El Paso, |
Dr. Smith is wonderful. She is very knowledgable and takes time with her patients. I cannot say anything but good about Dr. Smith. I am a professional nurse and very competent in knowing, a good doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Karen Smith, MD?
Are you Dr. Smith?

Compare Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  Board certified in Rheumatology

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Smith's Board Certifications

• Rheumatology

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Behçet's Disease
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Polymyositis
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Scleroderma

Med College Of Pa and Hospital
    Thos Jefferson University Hospital
    Princeton U

Graduated in 1983

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology

Dr. Smith does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.