Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO

Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 53

Dr. Seroussi

Vibrant Minds Psychiatry Clinic

10711 Burnet Rd Ste 321 Austin, TX 78758

Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO is a psychiatry specialist in Austin, TX and has been practicing for 5 years. She graduated from Des Moines Univ Coll Of Osteo Med & Surg in 2009 and specializes in psychiatry and child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Seroussi accepts

Dr. Seroussi accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Seroussi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Seroussi's Top Procedures and Conditions

Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse

Dr. Seroussi treats Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse more than 7% of her peers

Dr. Seroussi treats this condition more than 7% of her peers

Dr. Seroussi's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

4.4

Dr. Seroussi?
Dr. Seroussi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO
Dr. Seroussi is a caring and encouraging doctor and will go beyond what is expected. She has knowledge that has helped me so much in my life. She prescribes me the medicine that I take but she also encourages me in my life and helps me beyond measure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
"Night and day." That's how my daughter feels after 9 months with Dr. Seroussi. She had struggled mightily after being hurt in a horrible car accident: Anxiety about riding in a car. Depression about her anxiety. She couldn't focus. Dr. Seroussi was such a BRILLIANT and PATIENT listener, making my girl feel at ease with her issues. She quickly identified a course of action that has had a remarkable effect? and saved my beautiful daughter from a very dark place. I have my lovely girl back!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr Seroussi has been instrumental in helping us on the path to discovering what our child needs. She has helped us, as well, as parents in need of support by recommending outside services we couldn’t access otherwise. We were so overwhelmed and confused, and now we feel like we are taking strides in the right direction to pull our family together. It’s a struggle, but Dr Seroussi has been compassionate, patient, and provided us with all the resources we need to make what we feel is best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr. Seroussi helped my teenager navigate through depression & anxiety, compounded or accompanied by chronic ailments that severely impaired normal mental and physical functions. My teen has recovered and we will continue consulting with Dr. Seroussi on strategies to maintain a positive mental health outlook. She has consulted with our neurologist and other practitioners and changed prescriptions to address multiple issues with a single medication where possible. I highly recommend Dr. Seroussi.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
She has been very helpful and follows up on my concerns regarding medication and other issues right away.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr. Seroussi is excellent. We have finally found a professional and adept psychiatrist for my daughter. I highly recommend Dr. Seroussi for your child's psychaitric care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
My pre-teen daughter came down with severe OCD (fear of germs) almost overnight. We were at a loss how to handle it and it was getting to the point where school was too difficult for her to manage. Getting psychiatric care for a minor is challenging, as there are few providers. Dr. Seroussi listened to us and squeezed our daughter in for a short appointment, despite being booked out solid for months, so our daughter could start treatment. She has been a godsend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
I’m not being hyperbolic when I say Dr. Seroussi saved our son’s life. She was able to get him medicinally balanced battling depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder. We are forever grateful for her experience, expertise and insight into our teenager’s brain and life. She takes time in her appointments to truly understand the patient and the issues, and is always available via email for in-between check-in’s. We feel so secure in her care!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Let me start by saying we got so much more than we expected ! My daughter has Asperger and ADHD. Dr Seroussi and her team are very good, direct, accurate, compassionate people. She looks at the whole picture and does not rush to conclusions, which I appreciate. After just a few months I see the change, a great improvement in her social skills and her academic aptitude. Finally my daughter can focus in school ... she even has made friends !!! I totally recommend her !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr. Seroussi has been an amazing resource for my teenage daughter for dealing with her depression and anxiety. She is an amazing doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
I've recommended Dr Seroussi to several of my friends and family, because this office and the team is so terrific. When I first walked in, I was feeling a little "gun shy" from bad experiences elsewhere. Getting the right diagnoses, the right medication, the right team - it makes a huge difference in how I live on a daily basis. I have resources, and knowledge that I didn't have when I first walked in. She works well with my therapist, which is even better. She really cares about patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
When I first looked into seeing a psychiatrist for my children, I was so nervous and afraid that I would be blamed for my child's behavioral issues. Dr. Seroussi is warm, extremely knowledgeable, and is the only doctor we've seen in 10 years who has accurately assessed my child's particular disorders. She gives parents suggestions and advice, but ultimately leaves the control in the parents' hands. I highly recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr. Seroussi is an excellent resource for women experiencing post-partum issues. I went through a very hard time after having a baby, and my visit with her was an essential step to turning things around. There are some issues with her practice, such as needing to schedule several weeks in advance and often long wait times in the office when you come for an appointment. Most psychiatrists in town have these scheduling issues though. The quality of care is worth it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr. Seroussi is fantastic! She makes children and parents feel calm and really listens to what concerns the patient might have. She has excellent communication with her patients and I would highly recommend her! Her staff are also nice, friendly and efficent when it comes to check in or scheduling.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr. Seroussi is the only doctor who has ever effectively treated me in 17 years. I was always given the wrong medication for the wrong diagnoses by doctors with no social skills. She figured out what I needed in the first appointment. She is a creative, empathetic problem solver who never pushes any specific treatment. I'm happy, I have lost over 100lbs, and I am successful in work, school, and relationships since being in her care. I am so grateful to be her patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr Seroussi will listen and educate you about medications needed or not.She will ask a lot a questions and will answer any concerns you might have.The initial email I sent to her had almost an immediate response to set us up for a consultation.Her wait time is about 15 min or less so I don't advice anyone to try to rush the visit and expect to be in and out because sometimes her patients require a little extra care specially if there's questions or concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
I am a physician and I am continually impressed by Dr. Seroussi's thoroughness, depth of understanding and experience in child psychiatry, and ability to make both kids and parents feel at ease. What a difference she has made in our daughter's life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr. Seroussi is wonderful to work with because she is clearly very knowledgeable, encourages me to research medications on my own before choosing any one path, and gradually increased my medications, which helped immensely. She’s also very easy to get in touch with. She immediately responds to emails, even nights and weekends, even in non-emergencies. I feel very lucky to have found her and absolutely trust her with my mental health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Disappointing and disheartening experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Excellent psychiatrist. Very knowledgeable and a great communicator about expectations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Seroussi?

At Vibrant Minds Clinic, we strive to create a welcoming and collaborative environment.  We like to work with your other doctors and therapists and provide you with recommendations and education.  We also look at your care holistically with...

• Psychiatry