Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO

Dr. Seroussi
Telehealth services available

Vibrant Minds Psychiatry Clinic

1914 Justin Ln Austin, TX 78757

Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO is a Psychiatry Specialist in Austin, TX. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Seroussi to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Seroussi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Seroussi's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Seroussi performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of her peers

Psychiatric Evaluation

Dr. Seroussi performs Psychiatric Evaluation more than 80% of her peers

Dementia or Depression Screening

Dr. Seroussi performs Dementia or Depression Screening more than 80% of her peers

Dr. Seroussi's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Schizophrenia
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Somatoform Disorders

Dr. Seroussi accepts

Dr. Seroussi accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Seroussi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Seroussi

4.4

Dr. Seroussi?
  • Office environment (30)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (29)
  • Explained conditions well (29)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (5)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
Love her way of treatment. Deals with complex, difficult to treat health issues with knowledge, compassion and kindness.
Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr Seroussi is fine if you just want a pill or a referral to some counselors. I went there thinking she could figure out what my teen is experiencing & tell me so I can understand and try to improve our relationship. Nope. Nothing was shared with me except types of meds my kid could take and some counselors we could talk to. In short, do not trust this doctor to help you improve your relationship unless the problems can be solved with an antidepressant! Dr Seroussi did not help my daughter or myself at all.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Beth Rudinger – Jun 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
I am forever grateful to Dr Seroussi. I was not an easy patient and had a lot of stuff going on throughout my time with her. But with her guidance, caring nature and ability to see the bigger picture I am doing much better these days. Her guidance got me to a program that started my full recovery and I am safe and stable. I will be upfront and say that I have been with atleast 10-15 psychiatrists both before and after her since I’ve had to move and none come close to the care I had with her. She is a once in a lifetime rare type of doctor. She was a game changer for me and if you give her the opportunity She will do her best to help you in anyway she knows how.
Tess Manning – Apr 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
EXCELLENT RESULTS .My daughter has ADHD and Asbergers , Dr Seroussi's aproach was the best fit for my daughter ! In the past two years with her guidance my daughter's overall situation improved 180 degrees. It has been like night and day ! Her focus and grades in school have improved greatly . She is happy, relaxed and now has friends !!! ( She has had a lifetime of social anxiety, so this was a breakthrough for us) Dr Seroussi, has a unique approach, she listens carefully and does not jump to conclusions. She handles medication slowly which we appreciated since we did not want our daughter to be over medicated. Nor did we want a quick fix. We wanted a long term solution... and she gave us that. We can't thank her enough for helping my teen in a way that has changed her life for the better. (and forever) She is so happy now !!! We would definitively recommend her !
Martha – Mar 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr. Seroussi is a caring and encouraging doctor and will go beyond what is expected. She has knowledge that has helped me so much in my life. She prescribes me the medicine that I take but she also encourages me in my life and helps me beyond measure.
Jun 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
"Night and day." That's how my daughter feels after 9 months with Dr. Seroussi. She had struggled mightily after being hurt in a horrible car accident: Anxiety about riding in a car. Depression about her anxiety. She couldn't focus. Dr. Seroussi was such a BRILLIANT and PATIENT listener, making my girl feel at ease with her issues. She quickly identified a course of action that has had a remarkable effect? and saved my beautiful daughter from a very dark place. I have my lovely girl back!
Lynne in Austin, TX – Feb 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr Seroussi has been instrumental in helping us on the path to discovering what our child needs. She has helped us, as well, as parents in need of support by recommending outside services we couldn’t access otherwise. We were so overwhelmed and confused, and now we feel like we are taking strides in the right direction to pull our family together. It’s a struggle, but Dr Seroussi has been compassionate, patient, and provided us with all the resources we need to make what we feel is best.
Jan 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr. Seroussi helped my teenager navigate through depression & anxiety, compounded or accompanied by chronic ailments that severely impaired normal mental and physical functions. My teen has recovered and we will continue consulting with Dr. Seroussi on strategies to maintain a positive mental health outlook. She has consulted with our neurologist and other practitioners and changed prescriptions to address multiple issues with a single medication where possible. I highly recommend Dr. Seroussi.
Parent of a gifted teen in Austin, TX – Dec 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
She has been very helpful and follows up on my concerns regarding medication and other issues right away.
Cody McLain in Austin, TX – Dec 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr. Seroussi is excellent. We have finally found a professional and adept psychiatrist for my daughter. I highly recommend Dr. Seroussi for your child's psychaitric care.
Jennifer in Belton, TX – Nov 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
My pre-teen daughter came down with severe OCD (fear of germs) almost overnight. We were at a loss how to handle it and it was getting to the point where school was too difficult for her to manage. Getting psychiatric care for a minor is challenging, as there are few providers. Dr. Seroussi listened to us and squeezed our daughter in for a short appointment, despite being booked out solid for months, so our daughter could start treatment. She has been a godsend.
Belton, TX – Oct 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
I’m not being hyperbolic when I say Dr. Seroussi saved our son’s life. She was able to get him medicinally balanced battling depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder. We are forever grateful for her experience, expertise and insight into our teenager’s brain and life. She takes time in her appointments to truly understand the patient and the issues, and is always available via email for in-between check-in’s. We feel so secure in her care!
Oct 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Let me start by saying we got so much more than we expected ! My daughter has Asperger and ADHD. Dr Seroussi and her team are very good, direct, accurate, compassionate people. She looks at the whole picture and does not rush to conclusions, which I appreciate. After just a few months I see the change, a great improvement in her social skills and her academic aptitude. Finally my daughter can focus in school ... she even has made friends !!! I totally recommend her !
Martha in Cedar Park, TX – Oct 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr. Seroussi has been an amazing resource for my teenage daughter for dealing with her depression and anxiety. She is an amazing doctor!
B Johnson in Austin, TX – Oct 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
I've recommended Dr Seroussi to several of my friends and family, because this office and the team is so terrific. When I first walked in, I was feeling a little "gun shy" from bad experiences elsewhere. Getting the right diagnoses, the right medication, the right team - it makes a huge difference in how I live on a daily basis. I have resources, and knowledge that I didn't have when I first walked in. She works well with my therapist, which is even better. She really cares about patients.
Liz M in Austin, TX – Oct 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
When I first looked into seeing a psychiatrist for my children, I was so nervous and afraid that I would be blamed for my child's behavioral issues. Dr. Seroussi is warm, extremely knowledgeable, and is the only doctor we've seen in 10 years who has accurately assessed my child's particular disorders. She gives parents suggestions and advice, but ultimately leaves the control in the parents' hands. I highly recommend her!
Round Rock, TX – Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr. Seroussi is an excellent resource for women experiencing post-partum issues. I went through a very hard time after having a baby, and my visit with her was an essential step to turning things around. There are some issues with her practice, such as needing to schedule several weeks in advance and often long wait times in the office when you come for an appointment. Most psychiatrists in town have these scheduling issues though. The quality of care is worth it.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Austin, TX – Sep 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr. Seroussi is fantastic! She makes children and parents feel calm and really listens to what concerns the patient might have. She has excellent communication with her patients and I would highly recommend her! Her staff are also nice, friendly and efficent when it comes to check in or scheduling.
CY – Sep 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr. Seroussi is the only doctor who has ever effectively treated me in 17 years. I was always given the wrong medication for the wrong diagnoses by doctors with no social skills. She figured out what I needed in the first appointment. She is a creative, empathetic problem solver who never pushes any specific treatment. I'm happy, I have lost over 100lbs, and I am successful in work, school, and relationships since being in her care. I am so grateful to be her patient.
Elizabeth – Aug 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?
Dr Seroussi will listen and educate you about medications needed or not.She will ask a lot a questions and will answer any concerns you might have.The initial email I sent to her had almost an immediate response to set us up for a consultation.Her wait time is about 15 min or less so I don't advice anyone to try to rush the visit and expect to be in and out because sometimes her patients require a little extra care specially if there's questions or concerns.
Maria W in Austin – Jul 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Seroussi, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Seroussi?

At Vibrant Minds Clinic, we strive to create a welcoming and collaborative environment.  We like to work with your other doctors and therapists and...Read more

• Psychiatry