Dr. Karen Schwartz, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female

Dr. Karen Schwartz, MD

Dr. Karen Schwartz, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Woodbury, NY. She is 59 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Schwartz is affiliated with Plainview Hospital and North Shore University Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Schwartz's Experience

See how Dr. Schwartz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schwartz

Dr. Schwartz accepts 20 insurance carriers

Dr. Schwartz is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Schwartz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schwartz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schwartz to family and friends
    2.5
    Dr. Schwartz's Performance
    Oakland Gardens, NY |
    Wait time is awful. They let you call to check before but they always say 15 minutes when it is always upwards of 2 hours. I was running out of insulin and they didn't want to refill me because it was "my fault" for waiting so long. Tried to force me to use the pump after I expressed I wasn't interested. Was asked by the doctor, "are you getting anything out of coming here?" Starts appointments very confrontational and ends sweet and nice.
    New York, NY |
    Does not know anything about diabetes. Told me I had type 2 when I actually had a slow onset of type 1. If you're diabetic I recommend the Naomi Berrie Center in NYC.
    in Levittown, NY |
    Dr Schwartz treated me for diabetes after a triple bypass. She switched up the meds I had been given by the hospital. Which resulted in my numbers going way done. I went from an A1C of 9.2 while in the hospital to a 7 after a little over a month under her care. I find her personable, knowledgeable and very helpful and responsive.
    in Greenvale, NY |
    The doctor was very nice before. She tried keep me for more than 4 hrs. Over the summer, she had an issue because she misunderstood what I said. I was clear and I was going to explain when all of a sudden she cut me off. Then today, I had an appointment. I had to call and attempt to reschedule because of an emergency situation. I had the phone hung up on me 4 times. The last time, the phone handle was dropped from the air and it hung up. If you need a doctor that has time for you, find another.
    The worst Doctor I have ever been to. I have no gone twice thinking maybe the first time she just had a busy day but I will now never go back. I waited over 2 hours to see her for 3 minutes. I wish I was joking. She had no idea why I was there, what medicines she had prescribed me, didn't ask me any questions on how I was feeling. A complete waste of time. I'm finding a new doctor ASAP.
    in Farmingdale, NY |
    She's very nice but the place lacks organization. If you leave any kind of msg for a call back or for a prescription refill, it's a gamble if you'll get a response. Not uncommon to have to cal 2 more times for an answer. And she's notorious for VERY long wait times. I've waited almost 2 hours several times and over an hour is the norm. Extremely frustrating!
    in Floral Park, NY |
    It's a pity that Dr. Schwartz's office staff is so unprofessional. And that they make scheduling mistakes all the time. And overbook her so that the wait is always in excess of an hour. She is a good doctor, but not good enough to put up with the ridiculous wait and rude staff.
    in westbury, ny |
    The wait is inordinately long-=-over two hours just to go inside and wait some more-- staff is completely unresponsive--they don't like to estimate time or tell you anything and you have to press just to see how many are in front of you. People were waiting three and four hours for the appointment.
    in Massapequa, NY |
    the wait time if always horrendous. I always see people walking out. My appointment today was for 3:30, wasn't seen until 6:15. she is a good doctor, but this is not worth the wait
    Syosset, NY |
    Nice and knowledgeable doctor. Have been a patient for five years.
    Thw worst experience ever! The front desk is dumb and i never even got to see the doctor because of the hour and a half wait!!! And noone even knew when id be able to!
    Have you seen Dr. Karen Schwartz, MD?
    Are you Dr. Schwartz?

Dr. Schwartz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
    •  Board certified in Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

Dr. Schwartz has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schwartz's Board Certifications

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

• Adrenal Gland Diseases
    • Adrenal Incidentaloma
    • Adrenal Insufficiency
    • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
    • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
    • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
    • Craniopharyngioma
    • Hypothyroidism
    • Kidney Disease
    • Lipid Disorders
    • Malaise and Fatigue
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Graduated in 1989

Completed in 1990

Completed in 1992

Completed in 1994

Dr. Schwartz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schwartz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism